- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Properties of HTPB/AP/Al Propellant to Contents of Bonding Agents
결합제 함량에 따른 HTPB/AP/Al 추진제의 특성 연구
- Lee, Youngwoo (Defence Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Ha, Sura (Defence Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Jang, Myungwook (Core Technical Quality Assurance Team, Daejeon Plant, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Kim, Taekyu (Core Technical Quality Assurance Team, Daejeon Plant, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Lee, Jungjoon (Core Technical Quality Assurance Team, Daejeon Plant, Hanwha Corporation) ;
- Son, Hyunil (Core Technical Quality Assurance Team, Daejeon Plant, Hanwha Corporation)
- 이영우 (국방기술품질원) ;
- 하수라 (국방기술품질원) ;
- 장명욱 ((주)한화 대전사업장 핵심기술품질보증팀) ;
- 김태규 ((주)한화 대전사업장 핵심기술품질보증팀) ;
- 이정준 ((주)한화 대전사업장 핵심기술품질보증팀) ;
- 손현일 ((주)한화 대전사업장 핵심기술품질보증팀)
- Received : 2017.07.04
- Accepted : 2017.09.12
- Published : 2017.09.30
The propellant tile and crack which account for the greatest proportion of solid rockets are profoundly affected by viscosity and mechanical properties of solid propellant. In this paper HTPB/AP/Al system propellant has been researched for the viscosity, mechanical properties and burning properties with type and contents of bonding agents. The viscosity of propellant was changed significantly depending on the type and contents of bonding agents, and mechanical properties of HTPB/AP/Al system propellant were also varied. Considering both lower viscosity and stable mechanical properties, the optimum type and contents of bonding agents can be identified as the main factors to the HTPB/AP/Al system propellant.
Supported by : 국방기술품질원
- Obeth, A.E., Principles of Solid Propellant Development, CPIA Publication, Baltimore, MD, USA, Ch 5, 1987.
- Sutton, G.P. And Biblarz, O., Rocket Propulsion Elements, 8th ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, N.Y., USA, 2010.
- Yim, Y.J., "A Study on the Burning Rate of Composite Solid Propellant," Ph. D. Thesis, Yonsei University, 1983.
- S. Jain, M.S. Nandagopal, P.P. Singh, K.K. Radhakrishnan, B.B. Bhattacharya, "Size and Shape of Ammonium Perchlorate and their Influence on Properties of Composite Propellant," Defence Science Journal, Vol. 59, No. 3, May 2009, pp. 294-299. https://doi.org/10.14429/dsj.59.1523
- Dorr, A., Sadiki, A. and Mehdizadeh, A., "A Discrete Model for the Apparent Viscosity of Polydisperse Suspensions Including Maximum Packing Fraction," Journal of Rheology, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 1-14, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1122/1.4754444
- Horine, C.L. and Madison, E.W., "Solid Propellant Processing Factors in Rocket Motor Design," NASA SP-8057, 1971.
- Fedele, D., Ponti, F, Bertacin R., Ravaglioli,V. and Mancini, G., "Analytical Model and Numerical Simulations for Solid Propellant Using a Random Loose Packing Approach," 50th AIAA/ASME/SAE/ASEE Joint Proplsion Conference, Cleveland, OH,USA, AIAA 2014-4019, July 2014.
- C.K. Law, Combustion Physics, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 2006, 20-40.