- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Improvement of Subcontractors' Safety Management System in Construction Industries
건설업 협력회사 안전수준 향상 방안에 관한 연구
- Received : 2016.11.21
- Accepted : 2017.02.13
- Published : 2017.04.30
Subcontractors have an increased risk of accidents compared to large contractors. Subcontractors' safety management system is in close association with workers in construction sites. Contractors should strengthen subcontractors' roll and responsibility and provide continual support to prevent an accident. And also these supporting system should be provided to subcontractors' headquarters as well as construction site. Contractors' priority management for subcontractors safety should be transferred from the post management for disciplinary action to the preventive management to improve subcontractors participation and safety performance. Subcontractors can not establish the safety management system with just a one time supporting only. Contractors support and monitoring should be provided to subcontractors regularly and continuously to establish their self safety management system. The subcontractors safety management system improvement program(SSMSIP) suggested in this study will be a effective supporting system for subcontractors to establish and improve their safety management system. If we carry out the objective and quantitative evaluations and supporting system such as SSMSIP and provide the consequential incentive program to subcontractors, it can contribute to the accident reduction.
contractor;subcontractor;safety management system;evaluation;support & monitoring
- OSHRI "Analysis of Industrial Accidents in 2011-2015", KOSHA, 2016.
- G. T. Lee, "A Study on the Efficient Technical Assistance for Small-sized Construction Sites," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 72-76, 2006.
- S. B. Choi, "Industrial Safety's Dictionary", Gold Publisher, 2004.
- D.H. Jeong, D.S. Park, "The Relationship between the Establishment of Organizational Safety Unit and Accident Rate Among Small Firms", Yeungsang Journal, Vol. 6, No.1, p.77, 2013.
- J. S. Lee, ⋅M.. G. Lee, D. Y. Lee and T. K. Oh, "A Study on the Improvement of Effectiveness of KOSHA 18001 in Construction Industry," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 80-84, 2015.
- Ministry of Manpower and Workplace Safety & Health Advisory, "Construction Safety Audit Scoring System (ConSASS) ", 2013.