- Volume 32 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Characteristics of Electric Shock Accidents and Their Countermeasures for Portable Electrical Tools
이동형 전기기기의 감전재해 특성 및 그 대책
- Choi, Sang-Won (Occupational Safety Research Bureau, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, KOSHA)
- 최상원 (한국산업안전보건공단 산업안전보건연구원)
- Received : 2016.03.18
- Accepted : 2017.02.22
- Published : 2017.04.30
According to the data of Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency, electric shock accidents during recent 11 years exceeded more than 60% in architecture/other and construction work, the countermeasures for safety are required in the harsh environment of a construction site where moving electric machines and equipments are widely used. The establishment of countermeasure for insulation degradation and defect is required, in consideration of increasing trend for accidents caused by defective insulation among low voltage electrical installation each year. The aim of this study is to propose the policy about portable electrical tool standards and/or worker's safety standards for preventing electric shock accidents on safety workings, and is to develop the technology and the safety device to prevent electric shock for accident prevention reduction through experiments. It obtained the followings through this study; statistical data analysis of late about 10 years of electric shock-related industrial accidents analysis and portable electric tools; safety device development of 'device for testing continuous grounding and power shut-down' to prevent electric shock from portable electric tools. Furthermore, developed results and proposal in this study will help to prevent the electric shock accidents from portable electric tools and will be expected the utilization of policy formulation, educational data and field supplement of the safety device, and etc.
electric shock/electrical fires;portable electric tool;ground continuity
- 1910 Subpart P - Hand and Portable Powered Tools and Other Hand-Held Equipment, OHSA
- D.-H Kim, D.-K Hwang, S.-Chul Kim, S.-U Kang, S.-W Choi, "Analysis of Electrical Equipment and Work Environment for Domestic Small-Scale Construction Site", Vol. 29, No. 4, pp. 42-47, Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, August 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.4.042
- S.-W Choi, D.-H Kim, Research on the Prevention of Electric Shock Accident - II, 2013-OSHRI-954, pp. 55-76, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, 2013.
- S. -W. Choi, C. -B. Chang and J. -T. Kim, Research on the Hazard of Electric Shock for Portable Electrical Tools, 2015-OSHRI-1170, 2015.
- Analysis of Industrial Accidents, Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute, http://www.kosha.or.kr
- A Study on the Hazard of Electric Shock for Portable Electrical Tools, Korea Electrical Safety Corporation, 2000.
- IEC 60745-1, Hand-held Motor-operated Electric tools - Safety - Part 1: General requirements, 2006.