- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Improvement of existing drainage system for leakage treatment in exiting underground structures
운영중인 지하구조물의 누수처리를 위한 유도배수공법의 개선
- Kim, Dong-Gyou (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Yim, Min-Jin (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2017.07.20
- Accepted : 2017.07.28
- Published : 2017.07.31
The objective of this study is to propose a modification of the previously proposed drainage system for catching the partial leakage of underground concrete structures. Two techniques were proposed for applying the drainage system only to the leaking parts. One was for conveying leaking groundwater to the collection point in the drainage system and the other was for conveying the collected groundwater to the primary drainage system of the underground concrete structure. Four waterproofing materials for conveying leaking groundwater to the catchment point of the drainage system, Durkflex made of porous rubber material, KE-45 silicone adhesive with super strong adhesion, Hotty-gel made of polymeric materials and general silicone adhesive were evaluated for waterproofing performance. Hotty-gel only showed perfect waterproof performance and the other three waterproof materials leaked. The modified drainage system with Hotty-gel and drainage pipe with fixed saddle to convey the leaking groundwater from the catchment point to the primary drainage system were tested on the concrete retaining wall. The waterproof performance and the drainage performance were evaluated by injecting 1,000 ml of water in the back of the modified drainage system at the 7-day, 14-day, 21-day, 28-day, 2-month and 3-month. There was no problem in waterproof performance and drainage performance of the modified drainage system during 3 months. In order to evaluate the construction period and construction cost of the modified drainage system, it was compared with the existing leaching repair method in surface cleaning stage, leakage treatment stage, and protective barrier stage. Total construction period and construction cost were compared in considering the contents of work, repair material, construction equipment, working time, and total number of workers. As a result of comparing and analyzing in each construction stage, it was concluded that the modified drainage system could save construction period and construction cost compared to the existing leaching repair method.
Grant : 한랭지역 기존 도로터널의 동결 피해 저감 기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Choo, J.H., Park, S.W., Kim, H.T., Jee, K.H., Yoon, T.G. (2011), "Analysis and cause of occurrence of lining cracks on NATM tunnel based on the precise inspection for safety and diagnosis - Part I", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 199-214.
- Federal Highway Administration & Federal Transit Administration, (2004), Highway and Rail Transit tunnel maintenance and rehabilitation manual, pp. 4-1-4-19.
- Federal Highway Administration, (2015), Tunnel Operations maintenance inspection Evaluation (TOMIE) manual, pp. 3-1-3-20.
- Kim, D.G., Baek, Y., Shin, H.Y., Jung, H.S. (2009), Development of Safety Maintenance and Disaster Prevention Technology(VI), KICT 2009-069, Korea Institute of Construction Technology, pp. 181-188.
- Kim, D.G., Yim, M.J, (2017), "Development and performance verification of induced drainage method for leakage treatment in existing underground structures", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 533-549. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2017.19.3.533
- Kim, D.G., Jung, H.S., Bae, G.J., Shin, H.S. (2009), "Characterization of deterioration of concrete lining in tunnel structures", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 387-391.
- Kim, H.T., Han, M.Y., Son, E.J., Han, R.H., Jung, J.M. (2008), "A study on the state of the art on the construction and the new technology of the underground structure (underpass, underground passageways)", Proceedings of the Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 891-894.
- Korea Rail Network Authority, (2016), http://kr.or.kr/sub/info.do?m=05020202.
- Lee, Y.S., Park, S.W., Whang, I.B., Shin, Y.S., Kim, S.G. (2009), "Analysis of cause and deterioration about using 3-Arch tunnel", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 97-105.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, (2016), Yearbook of road bridge and tunnel Statistics.