- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A study on the development and field application of SP-Rockbolt with high-strength steel pipe
고강도 강관을 적용한 SP-록볼트 개발 및 현장 적용을 위한 연구
- Shin, Hyunkang (Infrastructure Solution Group, Infra Division, POSCO E&C) ;
- Jung, Hyuksang (Dept. of Railway Construction and Safety Engr., Dongyang University) ;
- Ahn, DongWook (Hot Rolled and Construction Steel Materials Solution Group, Steel Business Division, POSCO)
- Received : 2017.07.14
- Accepted : 2017.07.26
- Published : 2017.07.31
For initial stability of the tunnel, the primary support, Shotcrete and rockbolt shall be placed in the most appropriate time. This is because the role of such support plays a vital role in long-term and short-term tunnel stability. In this study, the rock bolt is an important supporting system that receives the external pressure generated by the stress relaxation during tunnel excavation as axial force and transmits it to the shotcrete on the tunnel excavation surface. Until now, most of the materials of rock bolts have been used in the field, but there have been many problems such as uncertain quality of Chinese materials entering the market, poor packing due to falling down of rock bolts when filled with mortar, and corrosion due to water. Therefore, in this study, we have developed a high strength steel pipe rock bolt using Autobeam material to solve and improve various problems of existing rock bolts. In order to evaluate the performance of the developed bolt, field tests were carried out and the existing mortar filler in order to improve the performance of the rock bolt, the design and construction criteria were studied and the results were included in this paper.
- American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials Standard (2004), "ASTM F432-04: Standard Specification for Roof and Rock Bolts and Accessories".
- Bae, G.J., Chang, S.H., Kim, D.G., Park, H.G. (2006), "Corrosion prediction of a cement mortar-grouted rockbolt by measuring its chloride diffusion coefficient", Tunnel Technology, Vol. 8 No. 3, pp. 259-271. (in Korean)
- British Tunnelling Society (2010), "Specification for tunneling".
- Itoh, J., Park, H.G., Kim, D.W., Kim, J.K. (2003), "Study on rock reinforcement process and the effect of produced strength right after rockbolt installation", Tunnel Technology Vol. 5. No. 2, pp. 189-198. (in Korean)
- Japan Society of Civil Engineers (2006), "Tunnel standard specification, Mountain engineering method commentary".
- Kim, C. (2012), "Pullout resistance of the mixed type rock bolt with self expanding end", Ajou University Graduate School of Construction and Transportation Engineering, Master Thesis, pp. 5-19.
- Kim, J.W., Kim, M.K., Kim, D.M., Kim, K.H., Baek, J.W. (2014), "A study on the support characteristics of the high strength lightweight steel pipe rockbolt", Tunnels and underground spaces, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 395-401. (in Korean) https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2014.24.5.395
- Kim, S.L., Kim, J.T., Park, S.C., Kim, T.H., Kwon, H.H., Jeong, J.C. (2010), "Development of improved rock bolt for reinforcement of fracture zone in slope and tunnel", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 101-108. (in Korean)
- Korea Expressway Corporation (2012), "Highway Construction Professional Specification".
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2011), "Railway Construction Professional Specification".
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2012), "Railway design standard".
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2013), "Railway Design Guidelines and Handbook".
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (1995), "KS D 3504 : Steel bars for concrete reinforcement".
- Korean Agency for Technology and Standards (2016), "KS E 3132 : Rock bolt and its equipment parts".
- Korean Tunelling and Underground Space Association (2007), "Tunnel design Standard".
- Korean Tunelling and Underground Space Association (2015), "Tunnel standard specification".
- Lee, I.M., Kim, K.H., Shin, J.H., Nam, S.W. (2005), "Behavior of grouted bolts in consideration of seepage forces", Tunnel Technology Vol. 7. No. 3, pp. 209-217. (in Korean)
- Lee, S.W., Jun, D.C., Kim, Y.J., Ahn, S.Y., Kang, S.G., Lee, C.N., Jeong, J.H. (2016), "Development of design standard and construction procedure for rock bolts using high strength steel tubes", Korea Geotechnical Society, Report, pp. 6-50. (in Korean)
- Lee, Y.K, Song, W.K., Park, C.H., Choi, B.H. (2010), "Numerical study on the behavior of fully grouted rock bolts with different boundary conditions", Tunnels and underground spaces Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 267-276. (in Korean)
- Park, H.K. (2016), "A study on the rock bolt reinforcement of the underground water section in railway tunnel", Seoul National University of Technology Graduate School of Railway Department of Railway Construction, Master Thesis, pp. 8-9. (in Korean)
- U. S. Army Corps of Engineers (1997), "Tunnels And Shafts in Rock".
- Yoo, J.O., Son, S.G. (2011), "Rock bolt construction technology using tubular steel pipe with front inlet", Tunnel Technology, Vol. 13. No. 6, pp.89-93. (in Korean)