- Volume 19 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Application of ultrasonic energy to enhance capability of soil improving material
지반보강용 주입재의 성능향상을 위한 초음파 에너지의 활용
- Moon, Jun-ho (Dept. of Civil and Env. Engr., Myongji University) ;
- Xin, Zhenhua (Dept. of Civil and Env. Engr., Myongji University) ;
- Jeong, Ghang-bok (DODAM ENC) ;
- Kim, Young-uk (Dept. of Civil and Env. Engr., Myongji University)
- Received : 2017.05.30
- Accepted : 2017.07.11
- Published : 2017.07.31
In a performance-based design, the structural safety is estimated from pre- defined damage states and corresponding damage indices. Both damage states and damage indices are well defined for above-ground structures, but very limited studies have been performed on underground structures. In this study, we define the damage states and damage indices of a cut-and-cover box tunnel which is one of typical structures used in metro systems, under a seismic excitation from a series of inelastic frame analyses. Three damage states are defined in terms of the number of plastic hinges that develop within the structure. The damage index is defined as the ratio of the elastic moment to the yield moment. Through use of the proposed index, the inelastic behavior and failure mechanism of box tunnels can be simulated and predicted through elastic analysis. In addition, the damage indices are linked to free-field shear strains. Because the free-field shear strain can be easily calculated from a 1D site response analysis, the proposed method can be readily used in practice. Further studies are needed to determine the range of shear strains and associated uncertainties for various types of tunnels and site profiles. However, the inter-linked platform of damage state - damage index - shear wave velocity - shear strain provides a novel approach for estimating the inelastic response of tunnels, and can be widely used in practice for seismic designs.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Allan, M.L., Philippacopoulos, A.J. (1999), "Properties and performance of cement-based grouts for geothermal heat pump application", U.S. Department of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Date, K., Wakita, S., Yamamoto, T., NaKashima, Y., Hoshino, Y.,Aoki, K., Mito, Y. (2003), "Development of dynamic grouting technique for the ground improvement", Proc. of the ITA World Tunnelling Congress 2003: (RE) Claiming the Underground Space, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, pp. 929-936.
- Karol, R.F. (1990), "Chemical grouting", 2nd Ed, New York and Basel, Marcel Ekker Inc, pp. 49-54.
- Kim, D.H., Jung, D.H., Jeong, G.H. (2010), "Evaluation of engineering characteristics and field applicability of inorganic thixotropic-grout for backfilling of shield TBM tail voids", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 75-76.
- Kim, J.W., Hong, E.S., Cho, G.C. (2016), "Assessment of elastic-wave propagation characteristics in grouting-improved rock mass around subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 75-76. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.1.075
- Kutzner, C. (1996), "Grouting of rock and soil, Balkema", Rotterdam, pp. 9-27.
- Lee, J.S., Lee, I.M., Chung, H.S., Lee, D.S. (2003), "Analysis of ground reinforcement effect using fracturing grouting", Tunnelling Technology, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 349-360.
- Lee, M.S., Kim, J.S., Lee, S.D., Choi, Y.J., Yang, J.M., Lee, I.M. (2010), "Effect of vibratory injection on grout permeation characteristics", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 26, No. 7, pp. 37-47.
- Lim, Y.J., Lee, K.H., Kim, H.K., Hong, C.S., Ahn, J.H. (2008), "Development of new micro-cement grouting materials for tunneling", Korean Geotechnical Society, pp. 1559-1570.
- Mo, W.J., Han, J.S., Ahn, C.M., Yoon, S.Y., Seok, H.J., Kim, C.G. (2013), "Enhancement of dewaterability of sewage sludge by ultrasonification and electric field treatment", Journal of the KSEE, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 23-30.
- Na, S.M., Kim, Y.U., Khim, J.H. (2007), "Physiochemical properties of digested sewage sludge with ultrasonic treatment", Ultrasonics sonochemistry, Vol. 7, pp. 281-285.
- Park, B.G., Son, Y.G., Hwang, A.N., Kim, J.H. (2011), "Investigation for optimization of ultrasonic soil-washing process for remediation of diesel contaminated soil", Korean society of hazard mitigation, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 101-105. https://doi.org/10.9798/KOSHAM.2011.11.1.101
- Roessler, C. (2009), "Influence of power ultrasound on flow and flow solidification behavior of cement suspensions", Session of the 17th International Building Materials Conference Ibausil.
- Seo, M.B., Kwon, S.H., Lee, B.J. (2015), "Improvement of grouting by short-period vibration energy", Journal of the Korean Geo-Environmental Society, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 35-42.
- Sim, S.J. (2010), "Analyses of permeation effect in soil due to mixing properties of cement grout", A Master's Thesis, pp. 1-45.