- Volume 27 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Research on the Importance of Security and Personal Information in Mobile Commerce
모바일커머스에서 보안과 개인정보의 중요성에 대한 연구
- Lee, Chan-Hee (Center for Information Security Technologies(CIST), Korea University) ;
- Kim, In-Seok (Center for Information Security Technologies(CIST), Korea University)
- Received : 2017.06.20
- Accepted : 2017.07.04
- Published : 2017.08.31
Mobile electronic commerce is rapidly growing up on the strength of popularization of smart devices such as smart phone followed by internet user increase. Concurrently with this, the anxiety on information security and personal information leakage of the user of mobile electronic commerce significantly built up in recent. In this respect, the information security and personal information protection should be become aware of their importance for the sustainable expansion and development of mobile commerce. Based on the demands as mentioned, this study analyzed the effects of the awareness of personal information security on recognized risk, recognized confidence and intent to use. The result of this study indicates that information security and personal information protection contribute to improvement in confidence by decreasing anxiety and uncertainty related to mobile commerce. Reduction of anxiety and uncertainty implies a crucial point that affects psychological mechanism making intent to use higher.
- GSM Association, "The Mobile Economy 2017," GSMA report, 2017.
- Statistics Korea, "Online Shopping in March 2017," Report material, May. 2017.
- Jong-ki Kim, Jin-sung Kim and jian Mou, "A Study of User Resistance to Mobile Banking Service - Focusing on Online Security - ," The Journal of Business and Economics, 28(2), pp. 59-99, June. 2012.
- Won-jin Jung and Suk-kyun Chung, "The Effects of Smartphone Users' Perceptions of Information Security on Their Intention to Use Mobile Shopping Malls," Korean Corporation Management Review, 19(4), pp. 261-282, Aug. 2012.
- Young-Mo Kwon, "A Study on the Affecting the Intention to Use of Smart-Phone Mobile Banking," Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, 28(1), pp. 529-549, Feb. 2015.
- Ganbat Enkhtsetseg and Sook-eun Byun, "The Factors Affecting Mobile Banking Usage Intention: The moderating effect of trustee types," Korean Marketing Association, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 45-62, Oct. 2014.
- Jung-duk Kim and Se-Hun LIM, "A Preliminary Research on the Impact of Perception of Personal Information Leakage Incidents on the Behavior of Individual Information Management in the Mobile Banking Contexts," Journal of The Korea Institute of Information Security & Cryptology, 26(3), pp. 735-744, June. 2016. https://doi.org/10.13089/JKIISC.2016.26.3.735
- Kuk-Jin Kim, "Trends and Policy Direction of T-Commerce and M-Commerce," International Telecommunications Policy Review, 14(1), pp. 1-24, Jan. 2002.
- Won-Bin Lee and Kyeong-Soo Jang, "Factors affecting intention to use mobile commerce," Korean Association Of Industrial Business Administrarion, 17(3), pp. 19-31, Apr. 2008.
- Maeil Business Newspaper, "Mobile also swallowed Alibaba...Smartphone settle ment 500 million," 2017.01.25.http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=61041&year=2017
- Chang-ryong Ko and Sung-soo Seol, "Research Patterns of Mobile Commerce: A Review in Korea (2001-2010)," The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Resarch, 11(3), pp. 35-55, Sep. 2011.
- Newspaper, "leakage of personal information 'How about here'...put on the spot," 2017.05.11.http://www.naeil.com/news_view/?id_art=236814
- The Bank of Korea, "Results of surveys on mobile financial services usage behavior in 2016," Report material, Dec. 2016.
- Ministry of Government Legislation, "PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTION ACT," Article 2 (Definitions) . http://www.law.go.kr/lsSc.do?menuId=0&subMenu=1&query=%EA%B0%9C%EC%9D%B8%EC%A0%95%EB%B3%B4%EB%B3%B4%ED%98%B8%EB%B2%95#undefined (2017.6.13)
- Financial Services Commsion, "Amendment of financial sector privacy guidelines," Report material, Feb. 2017.
- E. Anderson and B. Weitz, "The use of pledges to build and sustain commitment in distribution channels," Journal of marketing research, Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 18-34, Feb. 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/3172490
- C. Moorman, R. Deshpande and G. Zaltman, "Factors affecting trust in market research relationships," the Journal of Marketing, Vol. 57, No. 1, pp. 81-101, Jan. 1993. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252059
- A. Y. L. Chong, "Understanding mobile commerce continuance intentions: an empirical analysis of Chinese consumers," Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol. 53, No. 4, pp. 22-30, June. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1080/08874417.2013.11645647
- M. M. Head K. Hassanein, "Trust in e-commerce: Evaluating the impact of third-party seals," Quarterly Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 307-326, 2002.
- Sung-Hyuk Kim, Soo-Young Hwang, and Yong-Il Kim, "The effects of the 'trust formulation' factors on 'Trust' and 'intention to purchase' by site," Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 22(3), pp. 281-300, Nov. 2007.
- Il Ryu, Jae-Jon Kim, and Hee-Ok Rho, "The Relationships among Repurchase Intention, Satisfaction, Trust, and Web Site Usability in Internet Shopping Malls," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, 12(5), pp. 191-202, Nov. 2007.
- Young-Ho Kim, "Factor of Trust Building of Internet Shopping Mall in Initial Start-up Business," The Journal of Korea Contents Association, 7(10), pp. 221-228, Oct. 2007. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2007.7.10.221
- A. Y. L. Chong, N. Darmawan, K. B. Ooi and B. Lin, "Adoption of 3G services among Malaysian consumers: an empirical analysis," International Journal of Mobile Communications, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 129-149, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJMC.2010.031444
- M. Nilashi, O. Ibrahim, V. R. Mirabi, L. Ebrahimi and M. Zare, "The role of Security, Design and Content factors on customer trust in mobile commerce," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol. 26, pp. 57-69, May. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2015.05.002
- D. H. McKnight, V. Choudhury and C. Kacmar, "The impact of initial consumer trust on intentions to transact with a web site: a trust building model," The Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 297-323, Dec. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8687(02)00020-3
- D. J. Kim, Y. I. Song, S. B. Braynov and H. R. Rao, "A multidimensional trust formation model in B-to-C e-commerce: a conceptual framework and content analyses of academia/practitioner perspectives," Decision support systems, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp. 143-165, Aug. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2004.01.006
- Hun Choi and Yoo-jung Choi, "The Impact Perceived Risk on User's Trust and Continuance Intention in Mobile Payment Systems," Journal of the Korea Institute of Information and Communication Engineering, 20(6), pp. 1096-1102, Jun. 2016. https://doi.org/10.6109/jkiice.2016.20.6.1096
- G. Bansal and D. Gefen, "The role of privacy assurance mechanisms in building trust and the moderating role of privacy concern," European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 624-644, Nov. 2015. https://doi.org/10.1057/ejis.2014.41
- Mi-Jin Noh and Kyung-Tag Lee, "The Effects of the Perceived Risk in the Users' Acceptance of the Social Commerce: Moderating Effects of the Collectivism," korean management review, 41(1), pp. 57-87, Feb. 2012.
- C. Fornell and D. F. Larcker, "Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error," Journal of marketing research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, Feb. 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Ja-Chul Gu, Sang-Chul Lee, Nam-Hee Kim and Yung-Ho Suh, "Factors Affecting User Acceptance in Mobile Banking:An Empirical Study Using Extended TAM and Trust," Journal of MIS research, 16(2), pp. 159-181, June. 2006.