- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Truck Accident Models of Circular Intersections by Type of Accident and Conflict
사고 및 충돌유형에 따른 원형교차로 화물차 사고모형
- Received : 2017.03.06
- Accepted : 2017.05.29
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study deals with the traffic accident of truck at circular intersection. The purpose of this study is to develop the truck accident models based on type of accident and conflict. In pursuing the above, the study gives particular attentions to selecting the appropriate models among Poisson and Negative binomial models using statistical program LIMDEP 8.0. The traffic accident data from 2007 to 2014 are collected from TAAS data set of Road Traffic Authority. Such the dependent variable as number of truck accidents and the 24 independent variables as geometry, traffic volume and others are used. The main results are as follows. First, 5 Poisson models (
circular intersection;traffic accident models;truck;type of accident;type of conflict
- Roundabout Design Guidelines. 2010.
- B. S. Chea and M. S. Go, "Traffic Accident Analysis and Preventive Measures for Commercial Vehicle", Korean society of Transportation, Vol.58, No.1, pp. 611-620, 2008.
- S. S. Han, K. H. Kim and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersections by Type in Korea", Journal of the Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol.13, No.3, pp.103-110, 2011.
- B. H. Park and T. H. Beak, "Developing Rear-End Collision Models of Roundabout", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.6, pp.151-157, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2014.29.6.151
- M. K Park and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersections by Side Right-angle Collision in Korea using ZAM", Korean Society of Transportation, Vol.65, No.3, pp.270-274, 2011.
- K. H. Kim, K. S. Park and B. H. Park, "Traffic Accident Models of Urban Circular Intersections by Operational Type", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.27, No.2, pp.110-115, 2012.
- S. J. Lee, M. K. Park and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersection in Korea", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.29, No.1, pp.54-58, 2014.
- T. H. Beak and B. H. Park, "Developing the Roundabout Accident Models of Elderly Drivers", Journal of Korea Planning Association , Vol.50, No.6, pp.115-126, 2015.
- B. H. Park and K. Y. Kim, "Development of Accident Model by Traffic Violation Type in Korea 4-legged Circular Intersections", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol.30, No.2, pp.70-76, 2015.
- X. Zhu and S Srinivasan, "A Comprehensive Analysis of Factors Influencing the Injury Severity of Large-truck Crashes." Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol.43, pp. 49-57, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2010.07.007
- X. Yan, "Safety Issue of Red-light Running and Unprotected Left-turn at Signalized Intersections", B. Sc. Xi'an University of Architecture & Technology, M. Sc. University of Central Florida, 2005.