- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Current State and an Implication of an Elevator Certification and Inspection System in U.S.A.
미국의 승강기 인증·검사체계의 현황과 시사점
- Kim, Young Jin (Department of Law, Incheon National University)
- 김영진 (인천대학교 법학부)
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.04.20
- Published : 2017.06.30
An undeniable reason for elevator accidents is relevant to diverse defects of elevator itself including a fatal flaw in its managing system. In order to prevent and control disastrous accidents, Korean government established brand new department, Ministry of Public Safety and Security(MPSS) in 2014. For the field of elevator accidents, MPSS, hoping to take the lead, tries to reform related law and statutes. At this time, it is worthwhile to review foreign country's precedent to find out its applicable lesson. This study specially focuses on introducing U.S. legal system dealing with elevator safety area from the viewpoint of stressing the identity of local governments such as state, county, city etc. This article mainly reviews these four points: i) a current state of safety code, guide, standard for elevator in U.S.A. ii) an elevator parts certification system under ASME A.17.1, iii) an elevator inspection system in New York City, iv) an implication of an elevator certification and inspection system in U.S.A. to us.
elevator accident;elevator safety code;elevator certification;elevator inspection;ASME A.17 series
- http://www.koelsa.or.kr/wpge/m_118/info/info010101.do; http://www.koelsa.or.kr/wpge/m_140/info/info020201.do
- Y. J. Kim, "A Comparative Legal Study on Construction Safety Legislation in United States of America", Korea Legislation Research Institute, pp.37-38, 2015.
- ANSI, "Overview of the U.S. Standardization System: Voluntary Consensus Standards and Conformity Assessment Activities, 3rd ed., pp.4-6, 2010
- C. Singh and H, Vyas, "Elevators: Fall Hazards and Mechanics", 2015 "Build safe, Live safe" conference, p.50, 2015.