- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Bracket Deflection Influence on Structural Safety of Scaffold System
브라켓의 변위가 비계 구조 안전성에 미치는 영향 분석
- Kim, Dong Hyun (Korea Industrial Safety Association) ;
- Lee, Hyung Do (Department of Safety Engineering, ChungBuk National University) ;
- Won, Jeong-Hun (Department of Safety Engineering, ChungBuk National University) ;
- Jung, Sung Hoon (Korea Occupational Safety and Health Agency)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.04.25
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study examined the structural behavior of bracket scaffolds reflecting the influence of bracket's deflection. Even though the supporting condition of bracket scaffolds is different to that of general earth-supported scaffolds, there is no clear standards about the installation of bracket scaffolds. To compare the structural behaviors of the earth-supported scaffolds without settlements in columns and those of bracket scaffolds installed on the bracket structure, the finite element analysis was performed. The results show that the differential settlement between the scaffold columns installed on the bracket was occurred due to the deflection of the bracket. The differential settlement gave birth to remarkable secondary stress to the scaffold columns. It is resonable to locate all scaffold columns on the brackets, and if unavoidable situation is faced at a site, the horizontal members should not placed alone without columns on the brackets. Moreover, the structural analysis should be performed to ensure structural safety of bracket scaffolds before installation. In addition, the location of wall connection to the structures is recommended to the scaffolds columns installed on the brackets.
structural behavior;bracket scaffolds;deflection;earth-supported scaffolds;differential settlement
Supported by : 연구재단
- J. K. Park, "The Survey of the Current Situation for System Scaffolding in the Domestic Construction Site(II)", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 35-40, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.2.35
- K. S. Gwang, "A Study on the Examination for Safety of the Bracket in a Scaffold Work", Kyung nam University, 1996.
- K. S. Son and W. M. Gal, "Establishing the Structural Criteria to install Scaffolding-Use Brackets", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 87-96, 1995.
- KOSHA, "A Study on Installation Specification of Bracket Scaffold", 1996.
- J. L. Peng, C. W. Wu, S. L. Chan and C. H. Huang, "Experimental and Numerical Studies of Practical System Scaffolds", Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 91, pp. 64-75, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2013.07.028
- J. S. Lee, Y. S. Lee and T. K. Oh, "Effect of Boundary Condition on Buckling Characteristics of Pipe Supports", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 41-47, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14346/JKOSOS.2015.30.2.41
- W. K. Yu, K. F. Chung and S. L. Chan, "Structural Instability of Multi-storey Door-type Modular Steel Scaffolds", Engineering Structures, Vol. 26, pp. 867-881, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2004.02.006
- MOLIT, Standard Specification in Temporary Construction, 2016.
- H. Liu, Q. Zhao, X. Wang, T. Zhou, D. Wang, J. Liu and Z. Chen, "Experimental and Analytical Studies on the Stability of Structural Steel Tube and Coupler Scaffolds without X-bracing", Engineering Structures, Vol. 32, pp. 1003-1015, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2009.12.027