- Volume 32 Issue 3
Recent studies have shown that there are various systems which can be used to monitor hazardous area in a debris flow location, but lack of methodological research on the exact location where each instrument should be installed has hindered the success of this systems. The objective of this study is to suggest the measurement system for monitoring debris-flow and propose the effective method to determine location of measurement system. Previously studied, from 1991 to 2015, were referred and the applied ratio of every instrument was investigated. The measurement information was divided into 8 categories including rainfall, debris-flow velocity, displacement, fluid pore pressure, ground vibration, image processing, impact force and peak flow depth. The result of this study revealed that the most applied instruments to be rain gauge and geophone for measuring average rainfall and ground vibration respectively. The Analytic Hierarchical Process (AHP) method was selected to determine installation location of instrument and the weighting factors were estimated through fine content, soil thickness, porosity, shear strength, elastic modulus, hydraulic conductivity and saturation. The soil thickness shows highest weights and the fine content relatively demonstrates lowest weights. The score of each position can be calculated through the weighting factors and the lowest score position can be judged as the weak point. The weak point denotes the easily affecting area and thus, the point is suitable for installing the measurement system. This study suggests a better method for safely managing the debris-flow through a precise location for installing measurement system.
analytic hierarchical process;debris-flow;install location;monitoring system;weighting factor
- F. Dweiri, S. Kumar, S. A. Khan and V. Jain, "Designing an Integrated AHP Based Decision Support System for Supplier Selection in Automotive Industry", Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 62, pp. 273-283, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2016.06.030
- M. Karanik, L. Wanderer, J. A. Gomez-Ruiz and J. I. Pelaez, "Reconstruction Methods for AHP Pairwise Matrices: How Reliable are They?", Applied Mathematics and Computation, Vol. 279, pp. 103-124, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2016.01.008
- P. Fernandez and M. Whitworth, "New Technique for the Detection of Large Scale Landslides in Glacio-lacustrine Deposits using Image Correlation Based Upon Aerial Imagery: A Case Study from the French Alps", International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, Vol. 52, pp. 1-11, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jag.2016.05.002
- T. O. Boucher and E. L. MacStravic, "Multiattribute Evaluation within a Present Value Framework and its Relation to the Analytic Hierarchy Process", The Engineering Economist, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 1-32, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1080/00137919108903055
- K. Mandic, B. Delibasic, S. Knezevic and S. Benkovic, "Analysis of the Financial Parameters of Serbian Banks through the Application of the Fuzzy AHP and TOPSIS Methods, Economic Modelling", Vol. 43 No. 43, 2014.
- R. Tyagi and C. Das, "A Methodology for Cost Versus Service Trade-offs in Wholesale Location-distribution using Mathematical Programming and Analytic Hierarchy Process", Journal of Business Logistics, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 77, 1997.
- F. Lolli, A. Ishizaka and R. Gamberini, "New AHP-based Approaches for Multi-criteria Inventory Classification", International Journal of Production Economics, Vol. 156, pp. 62-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpe.2014.05.015
- P. Kayastha, M. R. Dhital and F. De Smedt, "Application of the Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP) for Landslide Susceptibility Mapping: A Case Study from the Tinau Watershed, West Nepal", Computers & Geosciences, Vol. 52, pp. 398-408, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cageo.2012.11.003
- H. Hong, H. R. Pourghasemi and Z. S. Pourtaghi, "Landslide Susceptibility Assessment in Lianhua County (China): A Comparison between a Random Forest Data Mining Technique and Bivariate and Multivariate Statistical Models", Geomorphology, Vol. 259, pp. 105-118, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2016.02.012
- G. Zhang, Y. Cai, Z. Zheng, J. Zhen, Y. Liu and K. Huang, "Integration of the Statistical Index Method and the Analytic Hierarchy Process Technique for the Assessment of Landslide Susceptibility in Huizhou", China, CATENA, Vol. 142, pp. 233-244, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.catena.2016.03.028
- M. akob, O. Hungr and D. M. Jakob, "Debris-flow Hazards and Related Phenomena ", Berlin: Springer, pp. 739, 2005.
- M. Arattano and L. Marchi, "Systems and sensors for debris-flow monitoring and warning", Sensors, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 2436-2452, 2008. https://doi.org/10.3390/s8042436
- M. Berti, R. Genevois, R. LaHusen, A. Simoni, and P. R. Tecca, "Debris flow monitoring in the Acquabona watershed on the Dolomites (Italian Alps). Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Part B: Hydrology", Oceans and Atmosphere, Vol. 25, No. 9, pp. 707-715, 2000.
- Y. Itakura, N. Fujii and T. Sawada, "Basic Characteristics of Ground Vibration Sensors for the Detection of Debris Flow, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Part B: Hydrology", Oceans and Atmosphere, Vol. 25, Issue. 9, pp. 717-720, 2000.
- R. Genevois, A. Galgaro and P. R. Tecca, "Image Analysis for Debris Flow Properties Estimation. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, Part C: Solar", Terrestrial & Planetary Science, Vol. 26, No. 9, pp. 623-631, 2001.
- L. Marchi, M. Arattano, and A. M. Deganutti, "Ten Years of Ddebris-flow Monitoring in the Moscardo Torrent (Italian Alps)", Geomorphology, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 1-17, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-555X(01)00162-3
- M. Arattano and L. Marchi, "Measurements of Debris Flow Velocity through Cross-correlation of Instrumentation Data", Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 137-142, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-5-137-2005
- Y. Itakura, H. Inaba and T. Sawada, "A Debris-flow Monitoring Devices and Methods Bibliography", Natural Hazards and Earth System Science, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 971-977, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5194/nhess-5-971-2005
- P. R. Tecca, A. Galgaro, R. Genevois, and A. M. Deganutti, "Development of a Remotely Controlled Debris Flow Monitoring System in the Dolomites (Acquabona, Italy)", Hydrological Processes, Vol. 17, No. 9, pp. 1771-1784, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1002/hyp.1212
- C. H. Huang, H. Y. Yin, C. Y. Chen, C. Y. Yeh, and C. L.. Wang, "Ground vibrations produced by rock motions and debris flows", Journal of Geophysical Research: Earth Surface (2003-2012), pp. 112, 2007.
- M. Karanik, L. Wanderer, J. A. Gomez-Ruiz, and J. I. Pelaez, "Reconstruction methods for AHP pairwise matrices: How reliable are they?", Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 279, pp. 103-124, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amc.2016.01.008
- A. M. Youberg, R. H. Webb, C. R. Fenton, and P. A. Pearthree, "Latest Pleistocene-Holocene debris flow activity, Santa Catalina Mountains, Arizona; Implications for modern debris-flow hazards under a changing climate", Geomorphology, Vol, 219, pp. 87-102, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2014.04.034
- F. Vagnon, A. Segalini, and A. M. Ferrero, "Studies of Flexible Barriers Under Debris Flow Impact: An Application to an Alpine Basin", Procedia Earth and Planetary Science, Vol. 15, pp. 165-172, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.proeps.2015.08.041
- H. Brunkal and P. Santi, "Exploration of Design Parameters for a Dewatering Structure for Debris Flow Mitigation", Engineering Geology, Vol. 208, pp. 81-92, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2016.04.011
- H. X. Chen, S. Zhang and M. Peng, "A Physically-based Multi-hazard Risk Assessment Platform for Regional Rainfall-induced Slope Failures and Debris Flows", Engineering Geology, pp. 203, pp.15-29, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enggeo.2015.12.009
- W. Hu, X. J. Dong, Q. Xu, G. H. Wang, T. W. J. Asch and P. Y. Hicher "Initiation Processes for Run-off Generated Debris Flows in the Wenchuan Earthquake Area of China, Geomorphology, Vol. 253, pp. 468-477 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geomorph.2015.10.024
- S. P. Pudasaini, "A Novel Description of Fluid Flow in Porous and Debris Materials," Engineering Geology, Vol. 202, pp. 62-73.
- S. F. Olejnik, "Planning Educational Research: Determining the Necessary Sample Size" The Journal of Experimental Education, Vol. 5, pp. 40-48, 1984.
- F. Dweiri, S. KumMr and S. Khan, "Designing an Integrated AHP Based Decision Support System for Supplier Selection in Automotive Industry", Expert Systems with Applications, Vol. 72, pp.467-468, 2016.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원