- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Development of Platforms for Boiler of Thermal Power Plant
화력발전소 보일러 수퍼히트부 안전발판 개발 연구
- Received : 2016.10.20
- Accepted : 2017.01.20
- Published : 2017.06.30
The catastrophic collapse of the in-boiler scaffolding system in the two thermal power plants occurred in March and April 2012. After site investigation and document review, it was found that the specialized scaffolding system was imported for overhaul & maintenance and that the system did not get the safety certification at the import. In this regard, this study developed & proposed an access platform and a support for the vertical tube section of the super heat as well as a variable-length platform for the horizontal tube section, satisfying the domestic certification standards. The access platform was developed to be easy to handle by the worker with a weight of about 0.069 kN, which could reduce the risk of falling accidents and workers' musculoskeletal diseases. For the variable-length platform, it is possible to cope with various changes in length between the horizontal tubes associated with the increase of rigidity in the overlapping and the elimination of the protrusion.
overhaul work inside boiler;tube maintenance;aluminium platform;access platform;variable-length platform
- J.K. Park and S.G. Jeong, "The Survey of the Current Situation for System Scaffolding in the Domestic Construction Site," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 107-111, 2010.
- S. W. HA, T. H. Lee, H. S. Lee, J. M. Kim, T. W. You and S. Y. Cho, "A Study on Wire-rope Type Furnace Scaffolding and Its Lifting System for Large-sized Boiler", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 40, No. 7, pp.679-683, 2016. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2016.40.7.679
- KOSHA, Report of Collapse Cause Analysis for the In-Boiler Scaffolding system in the Boryeong thermal power station, 2012.
- KOSHA, Report of Collapse Cause Analysis for the In-Boiler Scaffolding system in the Taean thermal power station, 2012.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Officia Notification of Duty-Safety Cetificate for the Protection Device , 2008
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport, Standard Construction Specification of Temporary Structures, 2014.
Supported by : 한국남동발전(주)