- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Training Artificial Neural Networks and Convolutional Neural Networks using WFSO Algorithm
WFSO 알고리즘을 이용한 인공 신경망과 합성곱 신경망의 학습
- Jang, Hyun-Woo (Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Hansung University) ;
- Jung, Sung Hoon (School of Mechanical and Electronic Engineering, Hansung University)
- Received : 2017.08.19
- Accepted : 2017.08.31
- Published : 2017.08.31
This paper proposes the learning method of an artificial neural network and a convolutional neural network using the WFSO algorithm developed as an optimization algorithm. Since the optimization algorithm searches based on a number of candidate solutions, it has a drawback in that it is generally slow, but it rarely falls into the local optimal solution and it is easy to parallelize. In addition, the artificial neural networks with non-differentiable activation functions can be trained and the structure and weights can be optimized at the same time. In this paper, we describe how to apply WFSO algorithm to artificial neural network learning and compare its performances with error back-propagation algorithm in multilayer artificial neural networks and convolutional neural networks.
Supported by : 한성대학교
- V. Vemuri, "Artificial Neural Networks: Theoretical Concepts," IEEE Computer Society Press, 1990
- D. J. Montana and L. Davis, "Training Feedforward Neural Networks Using Genetic Algorithms," In IJCAI, vol. 89, pp. 762-767, Aug 1989.
- J. Ilonen, J. K. Kamarainen, and J. Lampinen, "Differential evolution training algorithm for feed-forward neural networks," Neural Processing Letters, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 93-105. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022995128597
- Michael Meissner, Michael Schmuker, and Gisbert Schneider, "Optimized Particle Swarm Optimization (OPSO) and its application to artificial neural network training," BMC bioinformatics, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 125-135, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2105-7-125
- D. Karaboga, B. Akay, and C. Ozturk, "Artificial bee colony (ABC) optimization algorithm for training feed-forward neural networks," MDAI, vol. 7, pp. 318-319, 2007.
- Sung Hoon Jung, "Water Flowing and Shaking Optimization," International Journal of Fuzzy Logic and Intelligent Systems, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 173-180, Jun 2012. https://doi.org/10.5391/IJFIS.2012.12.2.173
- K.-T. Bae and C.-J. Kim, "An Agricultural Estimate Price Model of Artificial Neural Network by Optimizing Hidden Layer," Journal of Advanced Information Technology and Convergence, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 161-169, 2016.
- K.-H. Kim and S. H. Jung, "Automatic Generation of a Configured Song with Hierarchical Artificial Neural Networks," Journal of DCS, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 641-647, 2017.