- Volume 23 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Rolling Motion Simulation in the Time Domain and Ship Motion Experiment for Algorithm Verification for Fishing Vessel Capsizing Alarm Systems
어선전복경보시스템 알고리즘 검증을 위한 어선 횡동요 시험 및 시간영역 횡동요 시뮬레이션
- Yang, Young-Jun (Global Core Research Center for Ships and offshore Plants, Pusan National University) ;
- Kwon, Soo-Yeon (Korea Ship Safety Technology Authority)
- Received : 2017.12.04
- Accepted : 2017.12.28
- Published : 2017.12.31
This study contributes to deepening understand of the characteristics of fishing vessel rolling motions to improve the development of capsizing alarm systems. A time domain rolling motion simulation was performed. In order to verify capsizing alarm systems, it is necessary to carry out experiments assuming a capsizing situation and perform actual fishing vessel measurements, but these tasks are impossible due to the danger of such a situation. However, in many capsizing accidents, a close connection with rolling motion was found. Accordingly, the rolling motion of a fishing boat, which is the core of a fishing vessel capsizing alarm system, has been accurately measured and a time domain based on a rolling motion simulation has been performed. This information was used to verify the algorithm for a capsizing alarm system. Firstly, the characteristics of rolling motion were measured through a motion experiment. For small vessels such as fishing vessels, it was difficult to interpret viscosity due to analytical methods including CFD and potential codes. Therefore, an experiment was carried out focusing on rolling motion and a rolling mode RAO was derived.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Chun, S. H., H. H. Chun, C. H. Kim and S. Y. Kim(1999), Development of a Stability System to Prevent a Capsize of a Small Fishing Vessel, Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 130-137.
- Korean Maritime Safety Tribunal(2017), http://www.kmst.go.kr.
- Park, J. W., H. J. Lee and J. N. Kim(1998), Development on Evaluation Technique of Stability for Safety Elevation in Fishing (Stow-Neting) Vessel, Journal of The Korean Society of Marine Environment and Safety, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 53-62.
- Yang, Y. J. and S. H. Kwon(2016), Prediction for Irregular Ocean Wave and Floating Body Motion by Regularization: Part 1. Irregular Wave Prediction, Transactions of FAMENA, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 41-54. https://doi.org/10.21278/TOF.40404
- Yang, Y. J. and S. H. Kwon(2017), Prediction for Irregular Ocean Wave and Floating Body Motion by Regularization: Part 2. Motion Prediction, Transactions of FAMENA, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 37-53. https://doi.org/10.21278/TOF.41104