- Volume 8 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Convergent relationship between emotional labor, burnout, Job satisfaction and turnover intention in the dental hygienists
일부 치과위생사들의 감정노동, 소진, 직무만족 및 이직의도의 융합 연구
- Kang, Mi-Hyun (Dept. of Dental hygiene, Daegu Health College) ;
- Jang, Sun-Ju (Dept. of Dental hygiene, Gimcheon University)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The purpose of this study is to analyze the changes in job satisfaction and turnover intention according to the level of Emotional labor and the mediating effect in dental hygienists. The survey was performed from April, 2016 to November, 2016 against 300 dental sanitarian working in Daejeon and Daegu district and a total of 292 people's data was made an object for final analysis. As a result of it, the emotional labor and exhaustion showed positive relationship and thus as the emotional labor is high, exhaustion was high(P<0.1), and the job satisfaction was negative and thus as the emotional labor is low, the job satisfaction was high(P<0.1) Also, the emotional labor in the turnover intention was positively related and thus as the emotional labor is high, the turnover intention was high(P<0.5). Thus, a scheme to lower the job stress and the exhaustion experience degree and increase the compensation and welfare benefits in order to solve the emotional labor of the dental sanitarian.
- Hochschild, A.R.(1983, 2012), TheManaged Heart: Commercialization of Human Feeling, University of California Press.
- http://www.kcons.or.kr/krivet.re.kr/ku/da/kuBDCVw.jsp?gn=G7-E520130008(2013),"Occupations requiring emotional labor", KRIVET Issue Brief, KRIVET, 2013
- http://www.keis.or.kr/search.do, Korea Employment Information Service, Employment Trend Brief, 2015.10.
- J. Y. AN, H. S. Jeong, H. A. Kim, "The Relationship between Emotional Labor and Job Stress of Clinical nurses in a Hospital", Korean J Occup Health Nurs, Vol. 16, pp. 139-146, 2007.
- C. Maslach, S. E. Jackson, "The Measurement of Experienced Burnout", J. Occup Behav, Vol. 2, pp. 99-113, 1987.
- J. W. Han, "The Effects of Personality and Emotional Labor Stress on Job Satisfaction", J. Secretarial Science, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 145-67, 2005.
- M. M. Park, S. J. Han, "Relations of Job Satisfaction with Emotional Labor, Job Stress, and Personal Resources in Home Healthcare Nurses", J. Korean Acad Community Health Nurs, Vol. 24, pp. 51-61, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.51
- J. Y. Lee, M. W. Chi, "Relation among Emotional Labors's Job Stress, Role Conflict, Ego-resilience and Job Turnover", J. Korea Contents Assoc, Vol.12, No. 12, pp. 191-200, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.06.191
- S. J. Zunz, "Resiliency and Burnout Protective Factors for Human Service Managers", Administration in Social Work, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 39-54, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1300/J147v22n03_03
- T. A. Judge, J. E. Bono, "Relationship of core Self-evaluations Traits-self-esteem, Generalized self-efficacy, Locus of Control, and Emotional stability-with Job Satisfaction and Job performance: A meta-analysis", J. of Apl Psychol, Vol. 86, No. 1, pp. 80-92, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.86.1.80
- S. Y. Lee, S. Y. Yang, "The Relations of Emotional Labor to Emotional Exhaustion and Turnover Intention in Call Center Workers", J Korea Contents Society, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 197-210, 2008.
- Y. H. Kim, Hospitality Human Resources Management, Soomoonsa, 2010.
- J. J. On, K. s. Kim, H. O. Lee, "Analysis of the Correlation of Job Satisfaction to Turnover Among Dental Hygienists in the Region of J", J. Dent Hyg Sci, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.147-152, 2007.
- O. H Kang, Determinants of Intent to Leave of Dental Hygienists at Dental Clinics. Yonsei University, M.S. thesis, 2004.
- Korean Dental Association. Why Shortage of Dental Hygienists Despite of Increase the Number of Dental Hygiene Students?. Seoul: Korean Dental Association News, 2010.
- H. J. Lim, K. S. Park, H. J. Ban, N. R. Lee, Y. M. Lee, E. S. Lee, J. W. Jun, S. I. Ha, "The Influence of Emotional Labor and Social Support on Burnout of Clinical Nurses.", J. of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 255-266, 2017 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.1.255
- S. C. Choi, J. S. Lee, S. Y. Sim, J. H. Lee, J. H. Park, "The Effect of Job Stress and Depression on Job Satisfaction among Workers in Small and Medium Sized Enterprises", J. of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2017.
- S. B, Jeong, The effect of Emotional Labor on Burnout, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intension among Clinical Dental Hygienists. Gachon University, M.S. thesis, 2013.
- Y. T, Kim, To Investigate How 5 Days a Corporate Dining of Week Work Environment Change Income and Work Personnel Structure. Kyouggi University, M.S. thesis, 2009.
- S. J. Lee, H. Y. Cho, "Work Reality of Dental Assistant", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 153-159, 2015 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.153
- H. S, Oh, "Relationship Between Emotional Labor, Burnout and Turnover Intention in the Dental Hygienists", J. of the Korea Society Dental Hygiene, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 641-648, 2015. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.04.641
- J. L, Cha, Relationship of Emotional Labor, Social Support and Self-esteem to Burnout in Dental Hygienist. Ajou University, M.S. thesis, 2011.
- Y. N. Park, S. U. Yoon, "Health Promotion Behavior of Some Local Dental Hygienist Convergence Impact on Emotional Labor, Quality of Life, Job Satisfaction", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 25-33, 2016 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.3.025
- M. J, Lee, Y. N, Kim, S. Y, Lee, "A study on Factors Affecting Emotional Labor of Clinical Dental Hygienists", J. of the Korea Society Dental Hygiene, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 113-118, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.113
- M. H, Sung, H. O, Yoon, H. J, Lee, "A Study on Relationship Between Job Stress, Burnout Experience and Job Satisfaction of Nurses", J. of the Korea Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 147-157, 2015.
- B. H. Lee, J. S. Kim, "Moderating Effects of Internal Marketing on the Relationship between Job Stress and Turnover Intention among Dental Hygienists", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 79-87, 2007 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.079
- S. B, Jeong, E. M, Choi, J. S, Choi, "The Effects of Emotional Labor on Burnout, Turnover Intention, and Job Satisfaction among Clinical Dental Hygienists", J. of the Korea Acad of Oral Health, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 50-58, 2014. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2014.38.1.50
- K. A. Jang, H. S. Lee, "Factor Affecting the Self Esteem of a Convergence Dental Hygienist", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 177-186, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.177