- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Stability and Dynamic Behaviour of Ultra Lift Luo Converter
- Raji, J. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, SSN College of Engineering) ;
- Kamaraj, V. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, SSN College of Engineering)
- 투고 : 2017.02.03
- 심사 : 2017.06.16
- 발행 : 2017.09.01
Ultra Lift Luo Converter (ULC) gained considerable research interest in recent years. The stability analysis of voltage mode and peak current mode controlled ULC in continuous conduction mode is analyzed in this paper. The Eigen value theory is used for the stability analysis of voltage mode controlled ULC. Then to characterize the dynamics of inner current loop, the expressions of closed loop transfer function and loop gain are determined. An algorithm has been developed to analyze the stability of the peak current mode controlled ULC. The theoretical results are correlated with the simulation results obtained using PSIM 9.1(SMARTCTRL 1.0) software. Finally it is proposed to fabricate a prototype and validate the performance by suitable experimental setup.
Luo converter;Voltage mode;Peak current mode;Inner current loop control;On-slope inductor current;Critical compensation slope;Small signal averaged model
- Luo, F.L., Ye. H., "Ultra-lift Luo-converter," Electric Power Applications, IEE Proceedings, vol.152, no.1, pp.27-32, 7 Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20040870
- Luo F.L., Ye. H.: 'Essential dc-dc converters' (CRC Press & Taylor & Francis Group, New York, 2006).
- N. Mukherjee and D. Strickland, "Control of Cascaded DC-DC Converter-Based Hybrid Battery Energy Storage Systems-Part I: Stability Issue," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 2340-2349, April 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2016.2553136
- D. Giaouris, S. Banerjee, B. Zahawi and V. Pickert, "Stability Analysis of the Continuous-Conduction-Mode Buck Converter Via Filippov's Method," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 55, no. 4, pp. 1084-1096, May 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2008.916443
- M. Kumar and R. Gupta, "Stability and Sensitivity Analysis of Uniformly Sampled DC-DC Converter with Circuit Parasitics," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 63, no. 11, pp. 2086-2097, Nov. 2016. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2016.2598834
- W. Cheng, J. Song, H. Li and Y. Guo, "Time-Varying Compensation for Peak Current-Controlled PFC Boost Converter," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 30, no. 6, pp. 3431-3437, June 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2014.2334296
- Joung-Hu Park, "Peak-Valley Current Mode Controlled H-Bridge Inverter with Digital Slope Compensation for Cycle-by-Cycle Current Regulation", Journal of Electrical and Engineering Technology, vol. 10, no. 5, pp.1989-2000, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2015.10.5.1989
- B. Bryant, M. K. Kazimierczuk, "Modeling the closed-current loop of PWM boost DC-DC converters operating in CCM with peak current-mode control," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 52, no. 11, pp. 2404-2412, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCSI.2005.853904
- M. K. Kazimierczuk, "Transfer function of current modulator in PWM converters with current-mode control," IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 1407-1412, Sep 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/81.883339
- J. Raji and V. Kamaraj, "Stability analysis of constant frequency current controlled PWM ultra lift Luo converter," 3rd International Conference on Electrical Energy Systems (ICEES), Chennai, 2016, pp. 156-161.
- N. Kondrath, M. K. Kazimierczuk, "Loop gain and margins of stability of inner-current loop of peak current-mode-controlled PWM dc-dc converters in continuous conduction mode," IET Power Electronics, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 701-707, July 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2010.0254
- R. Kanimozhi, "A Novel Line Stability Index for Voltage Stability Analysis and Contingency Ranking in Power System Using Fuzzy Based Load Flow", Journal of Electrical and Engineering Technology, Vol. 8, No. 4, July 2013.
- D. Czarkowski and M. K. Kazimierczuk, "Energyconservation approach to modeling PWM DC-DC converters," IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 1059-1063, Jul 1993. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.220955
- D. Anbukumar, Kavitha, "Resonant Parametric Perturbation Method to Control Chaos in Current Mode Controlled DC-DC Buck-Boost Converter", Journal of Electrical and Engineering Technology, vol. 5, no. 1, pp.171-178, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2010.5.1.171
- S. Y. Chen, "Block diagrams and transfer functions of control-to output and line-to-output for peak currentmode controlled boost converters," IET Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 60-66, Jan. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2012.0013
- M. K. Kazimierczuk, Pulse-Width Modulated DC-DC Power Converters. (Hoboken, NJ: Wiley, 2008).