- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Presentation of a Novel E-Core Transverse-Flux Permanent Magnet Linear Motor and Its Magnetic Field Analysis Based on Schwarz-Christoffel Mapping Method
- Fu, Dong-Shan (School of Electrical Engineering, Shandong University) ;
- Xu, Yan-Liang (School of Electrical Engineering, Shandong University)
- Received : 2017.03.06
- Accepted : 2017.06.04
- Published : 2017.09.01
In order to overcome the manufacturing difficulty of the transverse-flux permanent magnet linear motor (TFPMLM) and enhance its performance much better, a novel TFPMLM with E-core and 3 dimension (3D) magnetic structures is proposed in this paper. Firstly, its basic structure and operating principle are presented. Then the equivalent 2D configuration of the TFPMLM is transformed, so that the Schwarz-Christoffel (SC) mapping method can be used to analyze the motor. Furthermore, the air gap flux density distribution is solved by SC mapping method, based on which, the EMF waveform, no-load cogging force waveform and load force waveform are obtained. Finally, the prototyped TLPMLM is manufactured and the results are obtained from the experiment and 3D FEM, respectively, which are used to compare with those from SC mapping method.
Transverse-flux permanent magnet linear motor (TFPMLM);Schwarz-Christoffel (SC) mapping method;3-dimensional finite element method (3D FEM);Prototype experiment
Supported by : Department of Science and Technology of Shandong Province of China
- J. Chang and D. Kang, “Development of transverse flux linear motor with permanent-magnet excitation for direct drive application,” IEEE Trans. Magn, Vol. 5, No. 41, pp. 1936-1939, 2005.
- S. D. Joao and V. Mauricio, “Transverse flux machine: What for?,” IEEE Multidisciplinary Eng. Edu. Ma, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 4-6, 2007.
- M. Zhao, Q. Wang, J. Zou and G. Wu, “Development and analysis of tubular transverse flux machine with permanent-magnet excitation,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 2198-2207, May 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2157297
- Jung-Seob Shin, Takafumi Koseki and Houng-Joong Kim, "Proposal of Double-Sided Transverse Flux Linear Synchronous Motor and a Simplified Design for Maximum Thrust in Nonsaturation Region," IEEE Trans. Magn, Vol. 49, No. 7. pp. 4104-4108, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2013.2237761
- Wenlong Li and K.T. Chau, “Design and Analysis of a Novel Linear Transverse Flux Permanent Magnet Motor Using HTS Magnetic Shielding,” IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 1106-1109, Jun. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2010.2042703
- Shin Jung-Seob, Takafumi Koseki and Kim Houng-Joong, "Proposal and design of short armature core double-sided transverse flux type linear synchronous motor," IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 48, No.11, pp. 3871-3874, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2199287
- Jung-Seob Shin, Ryuji Watanabe, Takafumi Koseki and Houng-Joong Kim, “Practical design approach of a transverse flux linear synchronous motor for compact size, small mover weight, high efficiency, and low material cost,” IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 51, No. 3, pp. 1-4, March 2015.
- Junghwan Chang, Dohyun Kang, Jiyoung Lee and Jungpyo Hong, "Development of transverse flux linear motor with permanent-magnet excitation for direct drive applications," IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 41, No. 5, pp. 1936-1939, May 2005 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2005.846222
- Ji-Young Lee, Ji-Won Kim, Jung-Hwan Chang, Si-Uk Chung, Do-Hyun Kang and Jung-Pyo Hong, “Determination of parameters considering Magnetic nonlinearity in solid core transverse flux linear motor for dynamic simulation,” IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1566-1569, June 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.915894
- A. S. Abd-Rabou, H. M. Hasanien and S. M. Sakr, “Design development of permanent magnet excitation transverse flux linear motor with inner mover type,” IET Eledtr. Power Appl, Vol. 4, No. 7, pp. 559-568, May 2009.
- Rashed Meer, H. M. Hasanieu and A. J. Alolah, "Design development of two phase transverse flux linear with permanent-magnet excitation," in Proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, pp. 1818-1813, May 2015.
- D. C. J. Krop, E. A. Lomonova, and A. J. A. Vandemput, “Application of Schwarz-Christoffel mapping to permanent-magnet linear analysis,” IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 352-357, March 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.914513
- B. L. J. Gysen, E. A. Lomonova, and etc., “Analytical and numerical techniques for solving laplace and poisson equations in a tubular permanent magnet actuator: Part 2. Schwarz-Christoffel mapping,” IEEE Trans. on Magn, Vol. 44, No. 7, pp. 1761-1767, July 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2008.923438
- Xinglong Li and Ernest A. Mendrela. "Optimization of Construction of Linear Switched Reluctance Motor with Transverse Magnetic Flux," in Proceedings of 2008 IEEE Region 5 Conference, pp. 1-5, April 2008.
- Lizhan Zeng, Xuedong Chen, Xiaoqing Li, Wei Jiang and Xin Luo, “A Thrust Force Analysis Method for Permanent Magnet Linear Motor Using Schwarz-Christoffel Mapping and Considering Slotting Effect, End Effect, and Magnet Shape,” IEEE Trans. Magn, Vol. 51, No. 9, pp. 1-9, Sept 2015.