- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Improved FOC of IPMSM using Finite-state Model Predictive Current Control for EV
- Won, Il-Kuen (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Hwang, Jun-Ha (Dept. of vehicle components company, LG Electronics) ;
- Kim, Do-Yun (Dept. of vehicle components company, LG Electronics) ;
- Choo, Kyoung-Min (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Lee, Soon-Ryung (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Won, Chung-Yuen (Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2016.11.30
- Accepted : 2017.05.16
- Published : 2017.09.01
Interior permanent magnet synchronous motor (IPMSM) is most commonly used in the automotive industry as a traction motor for electric vehicle (EV). In electric vehicle, the torque output rapidly changes according to the operation of the accelerator and the braking of the driver. The transient torques are thus generated very frequently in accordance with the variable speed control of the driver. Therefore, in this paper, a method for improving the torque response in the transient states of IPMSM is proposed. In order to complement the disadvantages of the conventional PI current controller in the field oriented control (FOC), the finite-state model predictive current control and 2D-LUT is applied to improve the torque response at the torque transient period. Simulation and experiment results are given to verify the reliability of the proposed method.
AC motor drive;Predictive control;Torque control;Current control;Electric vehicle
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- Casadei, D, Profumo, F, Serra, G, Tani, A, "FOC and DTC: two viable schemes for induction motors torque control", IEEE Trans., vol. 17, pp. 779-787, 2002.
- Z.Wang, J Chen, M. Cheng, K. T. Chau, "Field-Oriented Control and Direct Torque Control for Paralleled VSIs Fed PMSM Drives With Variable Switching Frequencies", IEEE Trans., vol. 31, pp. 2417-2428, 2016.
- Self-Tuned NFC and Adaptive Torque Hysteresis-Based DTC Scheme for IM Drive
- M. Depenbrock, "Direct self-control (DSC) of inverterfed induction machine," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 420-429, Oct. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.17963
- M. Janecke, R. Kremer, and G. Steuerwald, "Direct self-control, a novel method of controlling asynchronous machines in traction applications," Elektrische Bahnen, vol. 88, no. 3, pp. 81-87, 1990.
- J. Holtz, S. Stadtfeld, "A predictive controller for the stator current vector of AC machines fed from a switched voltage source," in Proc. IPEC, Tokyo, Japan, 1983, pp. 1665-1675.
- A. Khambadkone and J. Holtz, "Low switching frequency and high dynamic pulse width modulation based on field-orientation for high-power inverter drive," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 627-632, Oct. 1992.
- S. Morimoto, M. Sanada, Y. Takeda, "Wide-speed operation of interior permanent magnet synchronous motors with high-performance current regulator," IEEE Trans., vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 920-926, Jul./Aug. 1994.
- T. Inoue, Y. Inoue, S. Morimoto, M. Sanada, "Mathematical Model for MTPA Control of Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motor in Stator Flux Linkage Synchronous Frame", vol. 51, IEEE Journals & Magazines, pp. 3620-3628, 2015.
- F. J. Lin, Y. C. Hung, J. M. Chen, C. M. Yeh "Sensorless IPMSM Drive System Using Saliency Back-EMF-Based Intelligent Torque Observer With MTPA Control", IEEE Trans, pp. 1226-1241, 2014
- T. Sun, J. Wang, X. Chen, "Maximum Torque Per Ampere (MTPA) Control for Interior Permanent Magnet Synchronous Machine Drives Based on Virtual Signal Injection" IEEE Journals & Magazines, vol. 30, pp. 5036-5045, 2015.
- Zhongda Tian, Shujiang Li, Yanhong Wang, "T-S fuzzy neural network predictive control for burning zone temperature in rotary kiln with improved hierarchical genetic algorithm," International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control, vol. 25, 2016.
- Zhongda Tian, Xian-Wen Gao, Bi-Lian Gong, Tong Shi, "Time-delay Compensation Method for Networked Control System Based on Time-delay Prediction and Implicit PIGPC", International Journal of Automation and Computing, vol. 12, pp. 648-656, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11633-015-0897-7
- Zhong-Da Tian, Shu-Jiang Li, Yan-Hong Wang, Hong-Xia Yu, "Networked Control System Time-Delay Compensation Based on Time-Delay Prediction and Improved Implicit GPC", Algorithms, 2015.
- J. Rodriguez et al., "State of the Art of FiniteControl Set Model Predictive Control in Power Electronics" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 1003-1016, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2221469
- Yongsoo Cho, Kyo-Beum Lee "Torque-Ripple Minimization and Fast Dynamic Scheme for Torque Predictive Control of Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors," IEEE Trans. Ind., vol. 30, no. 4, APRIL 2015.
- Hao Zhu, Xi Xiao "Torque Ripple Reduction of the Torque Predictive Control Scheme for Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors," IEEE Trans. Ind., vol. 59, no. 2, Feb. 2012.
- Geyer T., Papafotiou G., Morari M., "Model Predictive Direct Torque Control Part I: Concept, Algorithm, and Analysis," IEEE Trans., vol. 56, pp. 1894-1905, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2007.912262
- H. Zhu, X. Xiao, L. Yongdong, "Torque ripple reduction of the torque predictive control scheme for permanent-magnet synchronous motors," IEEE Trans., vol. 59, pp. 871-877, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TED.2012.2188148
- Chee-Shen Lim, Martin Jones, Nasrudin Abd. Rahim, Wooi-Ping Hew, "A Comparative Study of Synchronous Current Control Schemes Based on FCS-MPC and PI-PWM for a Two-Motor Three-Phase Drive," IEEE Trans., vol. 61, pp. 3867-3878, Aug. 2014.
- S. J. Henriksen, R. E. Betz, and B. J. Cook, "Practical issues with predictive current controllers," in Proc. Australasian Univ. Power Eng. Conf. Perth WA, Australia, 2001.
- G. Bode, P. C. Loh, M. J. Newman, and D. G. Holmes, "An improved robust predictive current regulation algorithm," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 6, pp. 1720-1733, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2005.858324
- Rodriguez J, Cortes P., "Model Predictive Control," Wiley-IEEE Press, pp. 31-39, 2012.
- Il-Kuen Won, Jun-Ha Hwang, Do-Yun Kim, Young-Hee Jang and Chung-Yuen Won, "Performance Improvement of IPMSM Using Finite Predictive Current Control for EV" IFEEC, pp 1-7, 2015