- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Improved Single-Phase Full-Bridge ZVS Inverter with a Subtractive Coupled Magnetics
- Soh, Jae-Hwan (Dept. of Electrical Electronic Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Lim, Jong-Yeop (Dept. of Advanced Power Conversion Systems Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Rae-Young (Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.03.04
- Accepted : 2017.05.02
- Published : 2017.09.01
An improved single-phase full-bridge zero-voltage-switching inverter using a subtractive coupled magnetics is proposed in this paper. The proposed topology overcomes several drawbacks of the conventional ARCPI zero-voltage-switching inverter including two bulky capacitors which can cause problems such as the need for a protection circuit and voltage fluctuation of split capacitors. Also the proposed topology can reduce the number of devices required for ZVS through a simplified auxiliary circuit, thus achieving low cost and small volume and is applicable a modified unipolar PWM scheme. Detail mode analysis and design considerations are provided for optimal efficiency. In the end, the effectiveness and feasibility of the proposed topology are verified experimentally under various conditions.
Soft-switching;Full-bridge inverter;Modified unipolar PWM scheme;Zero-Voltage-Switching (ZVS);Coupled magnetics
Supported by : Korea Electric Power Corporation
- N. Mohan, T.M. Undeland, and W. P. Robbins, "Power Electronics: Converters, Applications and Design," John Wiley and Sons, 1989.
- D. M. Divan, "The resonant dc link converter-A new concept in static power conversion," in Conf Rec. IEEE IAS Annu. Mtg., Oct. 1986, pp. 648-656.
- Jih-Sheng Lai, "Fundamentals of A New Family of Auxiliary Resonant Snubber Inverters," IECON 97, 23rd International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Control and Instrumentation, pp. 645-650, 1997.
- R. W. De Donker, J. P. Lyons, "The auxiliary resonant commutated pole converter," IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Metting Record, vol. 2, pp. 1228-1235, 1990.
- R. W. De Doncker and J. P. Lyons, "The auxiliary quasi-resonant dc link inverter," Conf. Rec. of IEEE PESC, pp. 248-253, 1991.
- W. McMurray, "Resonant snubbers with auxiliary switches," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 29, no. 2, Mar.lApr. 1993, pp. 355-362. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.216544
- J. P. Gegner and C. Q. Lee, "Zero-voltage transition converters using inductor feedback technique," Conf. Rec. of IEEE APEC, pp. 862-868, 1994.
- S. Frame, S. Dubovsky, Q. Li, Katsis, C. Cuadros, D. Borojevic and F. C. Lee, "Three-phase soft-switching inverters for electric vehicle applications," Proc. of 1995 VPEC Seminar, pp. 45-52, 1995
- V. Vlatovic, D. Borojevic, F. C. Lee, C. Cuadros and S. Gataric, "A new zero-voltage transition, threephase PWM rectifier/inverter circuit," Conf. Rec. of IEEE PESC, pp. 868-873, 1993.
- X. Yuan and I. Barbi, "Analysis, designing, and experimentation of a transformer-assisted PWM zerovoltage switching pole inverter," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 72-82, Jan. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.817365
- W. Yu, J. Lai and S. Park, "An improved zero-voltage switching inverter using two coupled magnetics in one resonant pole," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 952-961, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2030197
- L. Jiang, C. C. Mi, S. Li, C. Yin and J. Li, "An Improved Soft-Switching Buck Converter With Coupled Inductor," IEEE trans. on Power electronics, vol. 28, no. 11, pp.4885-4891, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2242488
- J Lai, J Zhang and H Yu, "Source and Load Adaptive Design for a High-Power Soft-Switching Inverter," IEEE Trans. on Power electronics, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1667-1675, Nov, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2006.882946
- W. Dong, D. Peng, H. Yu, F. C. Lee, and J. Lai, "A simplified control scheme for zero voltage transition (ZVT) inverter using coupled inductors," Proc. IEEE Power Electron. Spec. Conf., pp. 1221-1226, 2000.
- J. S. Lai, R. W. Young, G. W. Ott, C. P. White, J. W. McKeever and D. S. Chen, "A novel resonant snubber based soft-switching inverter," Conf. Rec. of IEEE APEC, pp. 797-803, 1995.
- J. S. Lai, R. W. Young, G. W. Ott, J. W. McKeever and F. Z. Peng, "A delta configured auxiliary resonant snubber inverter," IEEE Trans. on Ind. Appl., vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 518-525, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.502162
- Jih-Sheng Lai, "Resonant snubber based soft-switching inverters for electric propulsion drives," Industrial Electronics, Control, and Instrumentation, 1996., Proceedings of the 1996 IEEE IECON 22nd International Conference on, vol. 1, pp. 47-52, 5-10 Aug. 1996.
- Moah-Chin Jiang; Wei-Shiang Wang; Huang-Kai Fu; Kuei Wu-Chang; Min-Lun Tsai; Kao-Ui Lu, "A Novel Single-Phase Soft-Switching Unipolar PWM rectifier," TECON 2011-2011 IEEE Region 10 Conference, pp.843-847, 2011.
- Moah-Chin Jiang; Chien-Ming Wang; Shyh-Shing Perng, "A Novel Single-Phase Soft-Switching Unipolar PWM Inverter," Proc. 8th Int. Conference Power Electronics, ECCE Asia, pp. 2874-2879, 2011.
- Moah-Chin Jiang; Wei-Shiang Wang; Huang-Kai Fu; Kuei Wu-Chang; Huang-Kai Fu; Min-Lun Tsai; Kao-Ui Lu, "A Novel Single-Phase Soft-Switching Unipolar PWM Shunt Active Power Filter," in Industrial Electronics and Application, 2012 8th IEEE Conference on, pp.2081-2086, 2012.