- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
PID Controller Tuning using Co-Efficient Diagram method for Indirect Vector Controlled Drive
- Durgasukumar, G. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, VITS) ;
- Rama Subba Redddy, T. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, VITS) ;
- Pakkiraiah, B. (Dept. of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, VFSTR University)
- Received : 2016.02.23
- Accepted : 2017.03.12
- Published : 2017.09.01
Medium voltage control applications due to obtain better output voltage and reduced electro-magnetic interference multi level inverter is used. In closed loop control with inverter, the PI controller does not operate satisfactorily when the operating point changes. This paper presents the performance of Co-Efficient diagram PI controller based indirect vector controlled induction motor drive fed from three-level inverter under different operating conditions (dynamic and steady state). The proposed Co-Efficient diagram PI controller based three level inverter significantly reduces the torque ripple compared to that of conventional PI controller. The performance of the indirect vector controlled induction motor drive has been simulated at different operating conditions. For three-level inverter control, a simplified space vector modulation technique is implemented, which reduces the coordinate transformations complications in the algorithms. The performance parameters, torque ripple contents and THD of induction motor drive with three-level inverter is compared under different operating conditions using CDM-PI and conventional PI controllers.
- Toshiaki Murata, Takeshi Tsuchiya and Ikuo Takeda, "Vector Control for Induction Machine on the Application of Optimal Control Theory," IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 283-290, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.103414
- Yamamoto, S., and Hashimoto I., "Present status and future needs: the view from Japanese industry," In proc. fourth int. conf. on chemical process control, 1991.
- Wei-Der Chang, "A multi-crossover genetic approach to multivariable PID controllers tuning," Expert Systems with Applications, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 620-626, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2006.06.003
- Ya Gang Wang, and Hui He Shao, "Optimal tuning for PI controller," Automatica, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 147-52, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0005-1098(99)00130-2
- Herbert Werner, Petr Korba, and Tai Chen Yang., "Robust Tuning of Power System Stabilizers Using LMI-Techniques", IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 147-152, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2002.806449
- T. K Sunil Kumar and Jayanta Pal., "Robust tuning of power system stabilizers using Optimization Techniques", IEEE international Conference, pp. 1143-1148, 2006.
- Rao, P. S. and Sen, I., "Robust Tuning of Power System Stabilizers using QFT", IEEE Trans. Control Systems Technology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 478-486, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/87.772163
- M. T. Soylemez and N Munro, Robust Pole assignment in uncertain systems, Proc. IEE: Control Theory and Applications, vol.144, no.3, pp. 217-224, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-cta:19970892
- Li wang and Dinh-nhon Troung, "Stability Enhancement of DFIG based Offshore Wind Farm Fed to a Multi-machine System using STATCOM", IEEE Transaction on power systems, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 2882-2889, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRS.2013.2248173
- Parag Kshirsagar, Jihoon Jang and Dushan Boroyevich "Implementation and sensorless vector-control design and tuning strategy for SMPM machines in fan type application", IEEE Transaction on Industry Applications, vol. 48, no. 6, pp. 2062-2069, 2012.
- Zhizheng Wu, Azhar Iqbal, and Foued Ben Amara, "LMI-Based Multivariable PID Controller Design and its Application to the Control of the Surface Shape of Magnetic Fluid Deformable Mirrors", IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 717-729, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2010.2055566
- G. K. Singh, A. Senthil Kumar, and R. P. Saini, "Performance Analysis of a Simple Shunt and Series Compensated Six-phase Self-excited Induction Generator for Stand-alone Renewable Energy Generation", Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1688-1699, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enconman.2010.10.032
- L. Ntogramatzidis and A. Ferrante "Exact tuning of PID controllers in control feedback design" IET Control Theory Appl., vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 565-578, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2010.0239
- M. Farahani S. Ganjefar M. Alizadeh "PID controller adjustment using chaotic optimization algorithm for multi-area load frequency control," IET Control Theory, vol. 6, no. 13, pp. 1984-1992, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-cta.2011.0405
- Kiyong Kim, Pranesh Rao and Jeffrey A. Burnworth, "Self-Tuning of the PID Controller for a Digital Excitation Control System", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 1518-1524, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2049631
- V.P. Arikatla J.A.and Abu Qahouq, "Adaptive digital proportional integral derivative controller for power converters", IET Power Electron., vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 341-348, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2011.0155
- Srinivasan P, Narasimharaju. B. L, and Srikanth N. V, "Space vector pulse width modulation scheme for open end winding induction motor drive configuration", IET Power Electronics, vol. 8, no. 7, pp. 1083-1904, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2014.0396
- Durga Sukumar, Jayachandranath Jithendranatha and Suman Saranu, "Three-level Inverter-fed Induction Motor Drive Performance Improvement with Neurofuzzy Space Vector Modulation", Electrical Power Component and Systems, vol. 42, pp. 1633-1646, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/15325008.2014.927022
- Narasimharaju B. L, S. P. Dubey and S. P. Singh, "Design and Analysis of coupled inductor Bi directional DC-DC converter for high voltage diversity applications", IET Power Electronics, vol. 5, no. 7, pp. 998-1007, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2011.0141
- C. Bharatiraja, Seenithangam Jeevananhan, Ramachandran Latha, V. Mohan, "Vector selection approach-based hexagonal hysteresis space vector current controller for a three phase diode clamped MLI with capacitor voltage balancing," IEEE Transactions on IET Power Electronics, vol. 9, no. 7, pp. 1350-1361, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2015.0184
- O. Bouhali, B. Francois, M. Berkouk and C. Saudemont, "DC Link Capacitor Voltage Balancing in a Three-Phase Diode Clamped Inverter Controlled by a Direct Space Vector of Line-Line Voltages," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 1636-1648, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2007.904174
- P. J. Patel, Vinod Patel, P. N. Tekwani, " Pulse-based dead-time compensation method for self balancing space vector pulse width-modulated scheme used in three-level inverter-fed induction motor drive," IEEE Transactions on IET Power Electronics, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 624-631, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-pel.2009.0292
- G. Durgasukumar and M. K. Pathak, "Comparison of adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy-based space-vectormodulation for two level inverter," International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 9-19, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijepes.2011.10.017