- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effects of Emotional Labor, Depression and Self - Efficacy on Health Promotion Behavior of Taxi Driving Workers
택시운전근로자의 감정노동, 우울과 자기효능감에 따른 건강증진행위 영향요인
- Suh, Hae-Joo (Department of Nursing, Graduate school Kyunghee University) ;
- Kim, Ja-Sook (Department of Nursing, Dongkang College) ;
- Kim, Ja-Ok (Department of Nursing, Wonkwang Health Science university) ;
- Kim, Hack-Sun (Department of Nursing, Wonkwang Health Science university) ;
- Cho, In-Young (Department of Nursing, Dongkang College) ;
- Kim, Hye-suk (Department of Nursing, Mokpo Catholic university)
- 서해주 (경희대학교 대학원 간호학과) ;
- 김자숙 (동강대학교 간호학과) ;
- 김자옥 (원광보건대학교 간호학부) ;
- 김학선 (원광보건대학교 간호학부) ;
- 조인영 (동강대학교 간호학과) ;
- 김혜숙 (목포카톨릭대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.07.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the factors affecting health promotion behavior according to emotional labor, depression, and self - efficacy of taxi drivers. Study participants were 102 Taxi drivers in urban areas, and the data were collected through self-reported structured questionnaire. According to the results, among the variables related to Health promotion behaviors, Meaningful positive correlations were found among Health promotion behaviors and Emotional Labor, Depression, Self-efficacy, but Emotional Labor and Depression, Self-efficacy and Health promotion behaviors showed positive correlations. Emotional Labor and Self-efficacy, Emotional Labor and Health promotion behaviors, Depression and Self-efficacy, Depression and Health promotion behaviors showed negative correlations. In addition, the factors such as spouse, Emotional Labor, Self-efficacy explained Health promotion behaviors 57%. Based on the findings from the study, in order for taxi drivers to improve health promotion behaviors education program should be made with strategies increasing Self-efficacy and decreasing Emotional labor.
Depression;Emotional Labor;Health Promotion Behaviors;Self-efficacy;Taxi drivers
- Korea National Joint Conference of Taxi association, The number of a taxi driver across the country, Korea National Joint Conference of Taxi Association, http://www.taxi.or.kr/04/01_view.php?no=127(Apr 3, 2017)
- Korean Statistical Information Service, By the Parties to the monthly traffic accident, Korean Statistical Information Service, http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsList_01List.jsp?vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parmTabId=M_01_01#SubCont(Aug 03, 2016)
- K. W. Youn, S. Y. Lee, S. H. Yim," Human Factors Involved in Traffic Accidents and Unsafe Driving Behaviors of Taxi Drivers", Korean Society of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 307-317, 2006.
- B. K. Lee, "The Effects of Customer Contact Service to the Mental Health among Korean Taxi Drivers", Korean Journal of Occupational Nursing, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 108-117, 2016. DOI:http://koreascience.or.kr/article/ArticleFullRecord.jsp?cn=KSONHT_2016_v25n2_108 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2016.25.2.108
- M. S. Bawa, M. Srivastav, "Study the Epidemio logical Profile of Taxi Drivers in the Background of Occupational Environment, Stress and Personality Characteristics", Indian Journal of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 108-113, 2013. DOI: 10.4103/0019-5278.130855. https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5278.130855
- J. A. Morris, D. C. Feldman, "The Dimension, antecedents and Consequences of Emotional", Labor Academy of Management Review, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp.986-1010, 1996. DOI:10.5465/AMR.1996.9704071861 https://doi.org/10.5465/AMR.1996.9704071861
- Safety Information, It's urgent to prepare a Emotional protection bill, Safety Information, http://www.safetyin.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=6789.(Oct 28, 2016)
- E. J. Yoo, S. N. Shim, S. K. Kim, "The Effect of the Beauty Salon Worker's Emotional Labor, Job Stress, Job Burnout and Social Support on Turnover Intention", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 12, No. 12, pp. 427-439, 2014. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/.10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.427 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.12.427
- M. S. Yoon, N. H. Kim, "The Moderating Effect of Client Violence on the Relationship between Emotional Labor and Depression among Social Workers", Korean Association Of Human Resource Development Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 187-221, 2016. DOI:http://www.dbpia.co.kr/Article/NODE07093116
- M. J. Lee, G. W. Yoon, "Depression and Violence Experience of Taxi Labor, Conference Collection of Dissertations", Korean Society of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, Vol. 2012, No. 11, pp. 296-297, 2012.
- A. Bandura, "Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change". Psychological Review. Vol. 84, No. 2, pp. 191-215, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- V. J. Strecher, B. M., DeVellis, M. H. Becker, I. M. Rosenstock, "The Role of Self-efficacy in Achieving Health Behavior Change", Health Education Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 73-92, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1177/109019818601300108
- J. O. Kim, J. S. Kim, A. Y. Park, S. J. Han, "Influencing Factors on Health Promotion Behavior of Fire Officers", Korean Journal of Occupational Nursing, Vol. 22, No. 3, pp. 218-227, 2013. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.3.218 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2013.22.3.218
- N. J. Pender, Health promotion in nursing practice (3rd ed), Conneticut: Appleton and Lange Stamford, 1996.
- E. Y. Hong, "Factors Affecting Nurse's Health Promoting Behavior : Focusing on Self-efficacy and Emotional Labor", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 154-162, 2014. DOI: http://koreascience.or.kr/article/ArticleFullRecord.jsp?cn=KSONHT_2014_v23n3_154 https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.3.154
- G. B. Wie, "A Study on the Factors Related to Self-Efficacy and Health Promotion Behavior of the Late School-Aged Children", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 45-58, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12811/kshsm. 2013.7.1.045 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.1.045
- Y. J. Kim, "A Study of Relations Between a Health Promoting Behaviors and Self-efficacy of Conscripted Policemen", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 2 pp. 778-785, 2013. DOI:http://koreascience.or.kr/article/ArticleFullRecord.jsp?cn=SHGSCZ_2013_v14n2_778 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.2.778
- J. W. Oh, Y. S. Moon, "A Predictive Model of Health Promotion Behavior in Nursing Students" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 391-403, 2015. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.391 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.391
- Y. M. Ha, H.. K. Choi, "Relationships among Self Efficacy, Social Support, and Health Promoting Behaviors in Correctional Officers", Korean Journal of Occupational Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp.163-170, 2013. DOI: http://koreascience.or.kr/article/ArticleFullRecord.jsp?cn=KSONHT2014v23n3163
- J. K Ko, "Analysis of Factors Affecting the Health Behavior of Taxi-drivers, Journal of East-West Nursing Research", Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 71-81, 2009.
- M. J Kim, "Effects of the Hotel Employees' Emotional Labor, upon the Job-related Attitudes", Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 129-141, 1998.
- A. T, Beck, C. H. Ward, M. J, Mook, J. Erbaugh, "An Inventory for Measuring Depression", Arch Gen Psychiatry, Vol. 4, No. 6, pp. 561-571, 1961. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1961.01710120031004
- M. K. Lee, Y. H. Lee, S. H. Park, C. H. Song, Y. J, Jeong, S. K. Hong, B. K. Lee, P. L. Jang, E. L. Yun, "Reliability and Factor Analysis = A Standardization Study of Beck Depression Inventory 1-Korean Version (K-BDI)", The Korean Journal of Psychopathology, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 77-95, 1995.
- M.. Sherer, J. E. Maddux, B. Mercandante, P. S. Dunn, B. R. W. Jacob, "The Self-efficacy Scale: Construction and validation", Psychological Report, 51, pp. 663-671, 1982. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19220.127.116.113 https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.1683
- J. I. Kim, "An Effect of Aquatic Exercise Program with Self-help Group Activities and Strategies for Promoting Self-efficacy on Pain, Physiological Parameters and Quality of Life in Patients Having Rheumatoid Arthritis", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul, 1994.
- T. W. Lee, "Determinants of health promotion behaviors", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 1989.
- Y. K. Kwak, "Emotional Labor, Emotional Intelligence, Health Promotion Behavior and Turnover Intention in Hospital Nurses", master's thesis, Chodang University, Jeollanam-do, 2014.
- E. J. Lee, S. W. Shin, "The Effect of Health Promotion Behavior on Fatigue and Depression among Shift Nurses", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 2256-2264, 2014. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2256ISSN https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2256
- J. S. Kim, S. Y. Jeong, S. H. Kim, J. O. Kim, "Predictors of Emotional Labor and Job Stress on Burnout of Nurses in Long-term Care Hospitals", Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 130-140, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2014.16.2.130
- S. R.. Han, "The Effects of Working Type, Sleep Quality on Depression, Anxiety, Stress in Taxi drivers", Master's thesis, Namwon, Seonam University, 2016.
- S. Y. Hwang, "A Study on the Health Promotion Life Profile and Related Factors in Nurses", Master's thesis, Hallym university, 2003.
- Y. J. Jung, B. N. Doo, "A study of Job Stress, Self-efficacy and Health Promoting Behaviors for Practical Nurses", Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 398-405, 2002.
- Y. J. Oh, Y. H. Choi, "Effects of Emotional labor, Job, Stress and Burnout on Somatization in Nurses : In convergence era", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 13, No. 10, pp. 415-424, 2015.