- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Chinese Online Circulation Market and Market Approaching Strategy
중국 온라인 유통시장의 발전과 시장진출 전략
- Song, Jae-Do (Dept. of International Trade) ;
- Lee, Chan-Woo (Dept. of Chinese Studies, Seowon University)
- Received : 2017.07.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
This paper releases strategies for firms that wish to enter into online circulation business in China. SWOT based on a Korean manufacturing company teaches us better way to approach Chinese online market. Chinese online market is under oligopoly, where Alibaba and Jingdong account for about 80% of the total market. Game theory is used as a measure of threat and opportunity between Korean manufacturer and Chinese online market retailer. Game shows that they are easy to accept opportunity and sales uplift rather than low risk. Analysis shows that Korean companies should improve its products and brand competitiveness in the offline market before entering into the Chinese online retail market. They need to prepare a localization model.
- KOTRA, "Chinese Market and Korea-China Trade Structure Changes", 2016.
- Korea Small Business Institute, "The Strategies to Make Inroads into China's Domestic Market through Local Online Market", 2013.
- Institute for International Trade, "Changes in China's Processing Trade Imports and Implications", 2015.
- Institute for International Trade, "A Study on the Advancement of Chinese Consumer Market through Korean Product Awareness Analysis", 2011.
- Korea International Trade Association, "A survey on recognition of Korean products after China 80's", 2012.
- The Bank of Korea, "China's e-commerce development status and prospects", 2014.
- C. W. Lee, M. C. Kim, "The changes in the trade structure of intermediate products between Korea and China." The Journal of Chinese Studies, Vol. 70, pp. 309-329, 2014.
- S. K. Kwon, "The Strategies for the Export Vitalization of Cross-Border E-Commerce of Korean Products to the Conclusion of the Korea China FTA." The Journal of Korea Research Society for Customs, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 97-118, 2015.
- J. H. Park, Hui Dong, S. B. Choi, "A Study on the Status and Development Strategy of Chinese B2C Online shopping Mall." The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 71-93, 2012.
- N. J. Lee, J. S. Choi, "Development and Growth factors of Chinese Online Business Industry Focused on Alibaba." Korea Logistics Review, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 133-143, 2015.
- J. M. Choe, "The Framework for the Choice of E-commerce Strategy in Manufacturing Firms." The Journal of Information System, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 25-47, 2014.
- Ping Zhang, J. T. Hwang, H. C. Moon, "A Comparative Study on the Online Shopping Performance Of Three C2C Open Markets In China." The Journal of E-Business, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 383-404, 2014.
- Y. J. Kim, J. C. Chung, "The Development Strategy of Korean Air Logistics Industry Using SWOT-AHP Method." Korea trade Review, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 229-252, 2012.
- S. O. Kim, S. B. Choi, "A Study on the Development of E-Commerce and the Role for Bridging Regional Disparities in China." The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 105-123, 2012.
- China Electronic Commerce Research Center, "2014 China's e-commerce market data monitoring report", 2015.
- China Electronic Commerce Research Center, "2016 the 1st Half China e-commerce market data monitoring report", 2015.
- Yan Fei Kang, "SWOT Analysis on Transformation of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises." Modern business, Vol. 17, pp. 12-16, 2015.
- Feng Ying Xu, "Research on the Development Strategy of Cross-border E-commerce Based on SWOT Analysis." The Journal of Management Aspect, Vol. 6, pp. 32-40, 2014.
- Yu Li, Da Gai Li, "C2C Platform Analysis and Strategic Choice of Network Entrepreneur Based on SWOT Analysis." The Journal of GuiYang University, Vol. 2, pp. 7-15, 2012.
- O. J. Lee, D. W. Yang, "A Study on the Effect of O2O Service Quality on User Satisfaction and Intention of Reuse." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 165-178, 2017.
- H. Y. Kim, S. Song, "A Study of Policy Direction on O2O Industry Developing." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 13-25, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.13
- E. K. You, H. J. Kwon, "Analysis of the Internet Shopping Mall Users' Perception on Cosmeceuticals." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 555-560, 2016.
- S. J. Park, K. T. Hwang, "A Study on the Repurchase Intention of Customers in the Foreign Direct Sales Internet Shopping Mall-Focused on the Japanese customers-." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 199-218, 2016.
- C. M. Choi, H. S. Yang, "The effect of E-commerce's curation characteristics on the customer purchase intention-Focusing on the mediating effect of satisfaction-." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 185-195, 2016.
- K. Lee, M. S. Kang, "A Study on the Online-based one-stop private health insurance claims." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 231-237, 2016.
- I. H. Yoon, H. S. Lee, "The Effects of Perceived Justice of Service Recovery Efforts on the Customer Relationship Performance in Mobile Social Commerce." Journal of Digital convergence, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 267-276, 2016.