- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study of the Effects of Gold and Stone Therapies on Changes in Body Size in the Neck, Back and Shoulder
골드테라피와 스톤테라피가 목, 등, 어깨 부위 신체 치수 변화에 미치는 영향 연구
- Lee, Jin-Young (Dept. of Cosmetology, Graduate School of Engineering Konkuk University) ;
- Jeong, Yeon-Jeong (Dept. of Microbial Engineering, Graduate School of Konkuk University) ;
- Li, Shun-Hua (Dept. of Beauty Education, Graduate School of Education Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.07.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
This study attempted to investigate the effects of gold therapy on myofascial pain syndrome(MPS) in the neck, back and shoulder in comparison to stone therapy and verify its availability as an efficient nursing mediator in clinical trials. For this, therapy was given to a total of 20 women in two groups (gold therapy group, stone therapy group: 10 persons each) living in the capital region three times a week (40 min. at a time) for two weeks. In both groups, a statistically significant decrease was found in the following after the treatment: neck circumference, shoulder width, width of the inferior angle of scapula, shoulder thickness and waist circumference (p<0.001). In terms of differences, the gold therapy group was greater than the stone therapy group. In both groups, a statistically significant increase was observed after treatment in the following: cervical lateral bending (right), cervical lateral bending (left), cervical flexion and cervical extension angle (p<0.001). In terms of differences, the gold therapy group was greater than the stone therapy group. In conclusion, this study seems to show that gold therapy is a nursing intervention option having effective fascial relaxation and pain relief for the neck, back and shoulder. Therefore, it would be valuable as safe, non-invasive therapy.
Gold therapy;Stone therapy;MPS;Fascial relaxation;Pain relief
- H. Y. Jeon, S. S. Bae, "The Effects of Joint Mobolization on Neck Myofacial Pain Syndrome", Journal of the Korean Society of Physical Medicine, Vol.2, No.1, pp.1-10, 2007.
- S. B. Lee, M. S. Lee, H. H. Lee, "Efficiency of Thermotherapy and Qi-therapy on Pressure Pain Thresholds of Trigger Points for Overcoming Pain", J. Naturopathy, Vol.3, No.1, pp.43-52, 2014.
- B. D. Lee, Muscle & Pain, Jeongdam, pp.17-22, 2003.
- S. J. Kim, "The effect of Meridian Scraping Therapy on collum & shoulder Myofascial Pain Syndrome", Intentional Journal of Complementary, Integrative and Alternative Medicine, Vol.7, No.1, pp.27-35, 2011.
- J. H. Kim, "The Research and Analysis on Changing of White Blood Cells by Thermotherapy", Maser's thesis, Sunmoon University, 2013.
- S. B. Lee, "Effects of the Heat Therapy on Changes of Immune Activities in Human Body", The Korea Contents Society, Vol.9, No.1, pp.285-292, 2009.
- E. Y. Kim, S. N. Chae, "A Study on Stone Therapy", Asian J. Beauty Cosmetol., Vol.4, No.2, pp.107-114, 2006.
- K. T. Kim, H. J. Ha, H. H. Lee, "Effects of Thermotherapy and Sanggido Therapy on Human Physiology", Journal of Naturopathy, Vol.2, No.1, pp.29-43, 2013.
- K. M. An, K. H. Hong, "Comparative study on the effect of back massage to body heat by tools", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.13, No.6, pp.2648-2654, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.6.2648 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.6.2648
- J. H. Kang, "The Comparison about The Effect of Thermotherapy and Cryotherapy on The Skin", Asian J. Beauty Cosmetol., Vol.11, No.2, pp.281-288, 2013.
- Y. A. Kim, J. H. Lee, "Effects of Hyper Thermal Therapy and Hand Massage on Body Composition", Journal of the Korea Soc. Beauty and Art, Vol.16, No.3, pp.19-26, 2015.
- H. S. Lee, "The Improvement Effect of Abdominal Horibyung Therapy on Women in Their 20s to 30s Retaining Dysmenorrhea", Master's thesis, Konkuk University, 2012.
- H. S. Sin, "The Effects of Magnetic Therapy and Swedish Massage upon Weight and Body Composition Change", Master's thesis, Sungshin Women's University, 2012.
- H. S. Lee, "Effects of Crystal Jewelry Thermo Therapy on Blood Lipids and Abdominal Obesity-Focused on Adult Females-", Master's thesis, Kyonggi University, 2010.
- Y. A. Kim, "Preference of Body Care Program in Skin care Shops", Master's thesis, Konkuk University, 2012.
- Y. J. Kim, "The Effect of Stone Therapy on Constipation", Master's thesis, Konkuk University, 2007.
- C. J. Han, Y. K. Jung, E. H. Kim, "The effect of abdominal obesity management using the stone-therapy in Korean middle-aged women", Asian J. Beauty Cosmetol., Vol.8, No.2, pp.223-230, 2010.
- Y. M. Yang, "(The) Effects of stone therapy on alleviation of stress and myofascial pain syndromes", Maser's thesis, Chung-ang University, 2008.
- S. Y. Kim, J. H. Seo, S. K. Yoon, "Comparison of Stone Therapy and Myofascial Release on upper Trapezius Muscle" Journal of the Society of Alternative Medicine, Vol.2, No.2, pp.1-6, 2013.
- K. C. Shin, T. H. Bae, W. S. Kim, H. K. Kim, "Usefulness of Gold Thread Implantation for Crow's Feet. Arch Plast Surg.", Arch Plast Surg., Vol.39, No.1, pp.42-45, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5999/aps.2012.39.1.42 https://doi.org/10.5999/aps.2012.39.1.42
- D. H. Jo, B. Ariunchimeg, Y. E. Jo, S. H. Lee, J. D. Lee, "A Review of Research Trends in Gold Implantation Therapy Focused on Gold Thread, Gold Needle and Gold Bead", The Acupuncture, Vol.33, No.1, pp.79-93, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016008 https://doi.org/10.13045/acupunct.2016008
- J. Y. Lee, "The Studies of Thermo-Cosmetics Applying Photothermal Effect of Spherical Gold Nanoparticles", Master's thesis, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, 2015.
- J. R. Lee, C. U. Oh, M. S Lee, D. W. Suh, "The Influences of Chiropractic Therapy on Neck Pain Patients", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.15, No.3, pp.1496-1505, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1496 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1496
- S. H. Jang, "The Effect of Stone Therapy According to the Temperature on Office Workers' Stress and Changes in Body", Master's thesis, SeoKyeong University, 2013.
- G. R. Yang, S. Y. Yuan, H. J. Fu, G. Wan, L. X. Zhu, X. L. Bu, "Neck circumference positively related with central obesity, overweight, and metabolic syndrome in Chinese subjects with type 2 diabetes: Beijing Community Diabetes Study 4", Diabetes care, Vol.33, No.11, pp.2465-2467, 2010. https://doi.org/10.2337/dc10-0798
- WHO. Report of a WHO Consultation on obesity: Preventing and managing. The global epidemic. Geneva, 1999.
- N. Y. An, G. J. Kim, "Body Composition and Blood Lipid Profiles Following a Waist Circumference in Adult Women", The Korean Journal of Sports Medicine, Vol.22, No.1, pp.38-49, 2004.
- Ben-Noun L, Laor A, "Relationship Between Changes in Neck Circumference and Changes in Blood Pressure", American journal of hypertension, Vol.17, No.1, pp.409-414, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjhyper.2004.02.005
- Ben-Noun L, Sohar E, Laor A, "Neck Circumference as a Simple Screening Measure for Identifying Overweight and Obese Patients", Obesity research, Vol.9, No.8, pp.470-477, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1038/oby.2001.61
- H. J. Ha, H. H. Lee, "Effects of Intermittent Fasting and Thermotherapy on the Obese", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.10, pp.6766-6778, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6766 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6766
- W. S. Choi, "The Effects of Acupuncture with Qigong Therapy on Shoulder Pain of Estheticians", Ph. D. dissertation, Dongbang University, 2012.
- Y. C. Yang, E. M. Song, K. W. Kim, J. H. Cho, M. Y. Song, "A Study on Relationship between Lumbosacral Curvature and Neck-Waist Circumference on College Students in Seoul", Journal of Oriental Rehabilitation Medicine, Vol.23, No.4, pp.159-166, 2013.
- S. B. Lee, M. S. Lee, H. H. Lee, "Efficiency of Thermotherapy and Qi-therapy on the Cervical Range of Motion", Journal of Naturopathy, Vol.3, No.1, pp.79-87, 2014.
- K. M. Ra, "(The)effects of goldstone's massage on physical fitness and blood lactate after Taekwondo competition", Master's thesis, Sangji University, 2016.
- D. W. Lee, J. H. Park, S. N. Eom, D. W. Kim, S. H. Cho, C. Y. Ko, H. S. Kim, "Effects of Combined Stimulus on Stress Relief", Journal of Biomedical Engineering Research , Vol.33, No.4, pp.194-201, 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.9718/JBER.2012.33.4.194 https://doi.org/10.9718/JBER.2012.33.4.194
- J. M. Yon, H. K. Lee, O. K. Lee, "Effects of Myofascial Releaseon Nerve Conduction Studiesand Pain Scalein Middle-Aged Women", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.425-432, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.425 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.425
- J. H. Min, H. J. Han, "A Study on Effects of the Convergence of musculoskeletal disorders Women with Disabilities on Quality of life in Jeon-nam Area", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.5, pp.497-504, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.497 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.9.497
- K. S. Sung, H. M. Jung, "The Effect of Meridian Massage on the Reduction of Pain and Subjective Symptoms of Myofascial Pain Syndrome", The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol.6, No.2, pp.248-256, 2003.
- W. S. Kim, K. H. Lee, "Convergence approach to weight control behavior and online clothing product shopping", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.7, pp.79-88, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.79 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.79
- H. I. Heo, H. Kim, "Effect of Massage with Warming Stone on Abdominal Obesity in Middle Aged Woman", Journal of Investigative Cosmetology, Vol.7, No.2, pp.207-214, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15810/jic.2011.7.2.015