- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on Development of Integrated Sports Talents' Competency Model By Career Type
체육인재의 경력유형별 융합적 역량모델 개발 연구
- Kim, Jin-Se (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science) ;
- Ahn, Jai-Han (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science) ;
- Kim, Mi-Suk (Seoul Olympic Sports Promotion Foundation Korea Institute of Sport Science)
- Received : 2017.05.25
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The purpose of this study was to develop a competency model by career type by designing the specified career paths through the analysis of career experience of the athletes in the professional sports field. For this purpose, career types were identified as sports administrators, judges, leaders, sports information analysts, and global sports talents based on literature analysis, career development type and path guide design, experts interviews. Competency candidates were derived from interviews and workshops on experts. In order to finalize the competency model, it was confirmed by completing the feasibility test of experts. As a result, it is divided into common competency, professional competency, and global professional competency. There are 6 common competencies such as global competence, OA utilization, 29 special competencies by 5 career types, and 2 global competencies like sports foreign affairs, job preparation for international sports organization and the sports league federation. Competency definitions and behavioral indicator were developed for all competencies and could be used to diagnose the competency level of sports talents and to establish career development academy programs based on the competency model.
Sports talent;Career type;Competency model;Common competency;Professional competency;Global professional competency
- Pfeffer, J., Competitive advantage through people: Unleashing the power of the work force. p.16-17, MA : Havard Business School Press, 1994.
- DOI: http://kmac.co.kr/knowledge/read1.asp?board_kind=5&Pk.2017.05.07
- Ji-Hwan, An, The strategy and case of SK Telecom's sponsorship marketing. Korea Advertising Society Special seminar, pp.36-46, 2012.
- DOI: http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?no=868902&ye ar=2014.2017.05.17
- Shin-Ae, Kim, Status and development direction of support system for strengthening career after retirement, Issues Report Vol. 19, pp.1-3, 2009.
- Korean Sport & Olympic Committee, Status of retired athletes by 2015. Commission Report, pp.15, 2015.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Employment trend. pp.1-2, 2017.
- Deuk-Seon, Jang, Survey on the Employment and Career Conditions of Youth Athletes, Service report of Sanhak consortium of Korea National Sport University, pp.5/25, 2015.
- Man-Seok, Han, A Study on the Development of Sports Talen. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 205-218, 2014.
- J. H. Ahn, Y. l. Hwang, M. S. Kim, S. J. Son, A Study on Long-term Development Plans for the Sports Talent Fostering Project. Journal of Korean Society of Sport Policy, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp.54, 2016.
- Shin-Ae, Kim, Status and development direction of support system for strengthening career after retirement. National Assembly Research Service Issues Report Vol. 19, pp.8-11, 2009.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. 2015 White Paper, p.436-437, Sejong: MCST, 2015.
- Jin-Mo, Kim, Competency-centered curriculum development for corporate human resource development. The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp.109-128, 2001.
- S. W. Bae, Development of competency model for sports instructor. Korean Journal of Sport Management, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp.150, 2014.
- C. Lee, C. Y. Jyung, S. I. Na, J. M. Kim, J. W. Lim, A. R. B, Developing a Competency Model for Nest Generation Gifted Entrepreneurs. Journal of Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp.157, 2010. https://doi.org/10.23840/agehrd.2010.42.3.157
- S. M. Hong, An Analysis of Core Competencies in the Career Path for Future Science and Engineering Talents and the Policy Implications. Journal of Skills and Qualifications, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.1-18, 2015
- Hee Sun Yang, Seong Joo Kang, Study on the Development of a Core Competency Model for the Convergent Gifted. Gifted and Gifted Education, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.93-119, 2016.