- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Comparison of the Characteristics of Three Premium Large-Format Platforms IMAX, Screen X and 360 Degrees Circular Screen
PLF 플랫폼 아이맥스, 스크린 X, 360도 서큘러 스크린의 특징 비교 연구
- Shan, Xinyi (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, Jean-Hun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.06.16
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The America film, Beauty and Beast has grossed over 4,273,401 after being released for 21 days. The growth of movie profit in the video market is also developing rapidly. In this paper, we will focus on the PLF(Premium Large-Format) video technology, because PLF video technology can help audience to enhance the sense of 'immersion' and enjoy a different visual feast. In PLF video technology, IMAX, screen X, 360 degrees circular screen are the most important formats. By comparative analysis of these 3 formats, the biggest difference is their number of screens and appearance. Based on the result we can understand the 3 kinds of PLF platforms better and help us to make a choice between them. In addition, further research about the manufacture method of PLF technology will be discussed.
- Xinyi Shan, "Analysis and Research on the Characteristics of Commercial Screen X Version Nespresso 'Palermo'", Journal of Convergence Contents, Vol.2, No.1, pp.26-27, 2017.
- Kaleem Aftab, "Introducing Screen X, Chinema in 270 Degrees", Filmmaking, Oct. 17, 2013, http://filmmakermagazine.com/76652-introducing-screen-x-cinema-in-270-degrees/#.WQqNWWe1uUk, Apr. 22, 2017.
- Patrick Frater, "CinemaCon: Korean Immersive Format ScreenX Targets Hollywood and China", Asia Bureau Chief, Apr. 6, 2016, http://variety.com/2016/film/asia/screenx-targets-hollywood-and-china-at-cinemacon-1201747914/, Apr. 22, 2017.
- Seonu Baek, "Strategic Way of Producing Korean Film in Changing Screening Environment: Focusing on 3D Stereoscopic Movie and Movie with Premium Large Format", 2017.
- Lee J, Lee S, Kim Y, Noh J, "ScreenX: Public Immersive Theatres with Uniform Movie Viewing Experiences", IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics, Vol. 23, No.2, 2017.
- Moon Jae Cheol, Kim Yu Sung, "Visual Experience from the Skyscraper "63 Building" and its IMAX Cinema -Experiencing the Shape of Collective Dream in 1980s' Seoul-", Korean Film Association, Vol.-, No.36, pp.229-254, 2008.
- Jong-Ho Yun, Myung-Ryul Choi, Sang-Sun Lee, "Multi-camera image feature analysis for virtual space convergence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 5, pp. 19-28, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.5.019
- Ki-Bong Kim, Gi-Moon Geum, Chang-Bok Jang, "Research on the Convergence of CCTV Video Information with Disaster Recognition and Real-time Crisis Response System", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 3, pp. 15-22, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.015
- Hyung-Jin Mun, "Polling Method based on Weight Table for Efficient Monitoring," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 5-10, 2015
- Sung-Hwa Hong, Suk-Yong Jung, "The Study for the Image Quality Measurement in IPTV", Journal of Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 39-43, 2011.