- Volume 15 Issue 8
CCN proposes that intermediate network nodes on a network path for a transmitted data-packet cache the data-packet. If the nodes receive request packets for the cached data, the nodes can directly respond to the request-packets using the cached data. Since a request-packet can be responded by one of the intermediate nodes on a path of the request-packet, both faster response time and decreased data transmission amount are expected comparing to the existing host centric networking. However, CCN is vulnerable against forgery attacks because data-packet receivers cannot identify a data provider. Hence, a data authentication scheme is essentially needed to make CCN more secure. But such a data authentication process is one of the main causes of CCN-based service delays. This paper first analyzes the problems of a CCN data authentication scheme, then proposes an improved authentication operation scheme for efficiently authenticating data, and finally evaluates its performance.
ICN;CCN;Content Cache;Data Authentication;MHT
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 수원대
- "Cisco Visual Networking Index: Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast Update, 2015-2020," Cisco Public, February 3, 2016
- "Cisco Visual Networking Index: Forecast and Methodology, 2015-2020," Cisco Public, February 3, 2016
- A. K. Pathan, and R. Buyya, "A Taxonomy and Survey of Content Delivery Networks," Tech Report, Univ. of Melbourne, 2007.
- E. Meshkova, J. Riihijarvi, M. Petrova, and P. Mahonen, "A survey on resource discovery mechanisms, peer-to-peer and service discovery frameworks," Computer Networks J., Vol. 52, No. 11, pp. 2097-2128, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2008.03.006
- D. Clark, "The Design Philosophy of the DARPA Internet Protocols," ACM Sigcomm Comp. Comm. Review, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 106-114, Aug. 1988. https://doi.org/10.1145/52325.52336
- B. Ahlgren, C. Dannewitz, C. Imbrenda, D. Kutscher and B. Ohlmann, "A Survey of Information-Centric Networking," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 50, No. 7, pp. 26-36, July 2012.
- V. Jacobson, D. Smetters, J. Thornton, M. Plass, N. Briggs and R. Braynard, "Networking Named Content," 5th International Conference on Emerging Networking Experiments and Technologies, pp. 1-12, 2009.
- D. Kim, "Content Centric Networking Naming Scheme for Efficient Data Sharing," Journal of Korea Multimedia Society, Vol. 15, No. 9, pp. 1126-1132, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9717/kmms.2012.15.9.1126
- "Trend and Improvement for Privacy Protection of Future Internet," Journal of Digital Convergence v. 14, n. 6, pp. 405-413, Jun. 2016
- D. Kim, "A Comparison Study on Data Caching Policies of CCN," Journal of Digital Convergence v.15, n.1, pp. 327-334, Feb, 2017
- R. Merkle, "Protocol for public key cryptosystems," IEEE Sympo. Research in Security and Privacy, Apr.1980.
- D. Y. Kim and J. S. Park, "Efficient Contents Verification Scheme for Contents-Centric-Networking," The Journal of Korean Institute of Comm. and Inform. Sciences, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 234-241, April, 2014.
- D. Kim, "A Efficient Content Verification Scheme for Distributed Networking/Data Store," Journal of The Korea Institue of Information Security & Cryptology, Vol. 25, No. 4, Aug. 2015.
- D. Kim, "Group-Interest-based Verifiable CCN," Mobile Information Systems, Volume 2016, Article ID 9202151
- B. Georg "Merkle Signature Schemes, Merkle Trees and Their Cryptanalysis,". Ruhr-Universität Bochum. Retrieved 2013-11-20.
- T. Cormen,"Introduction to Algorithm," The MIT Press, pp. 301-328, 1992