- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Media Research in Global Brand Timelapse Advertisement
글로벌 브랜드 타임랩스 광고에 나타난 영상 연구
- Yu, Jung-Sun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University) ;
- Chung, Jean-Hun (Dept. of Multimedia, Graduate School of Digital Image and Contents, Dongguk University)
- Received : 2017.06.08
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
Timelapse is an imaging technique that captures motion at regular intervals and then projects it at normal speed. We looked at Timelapse advertising images of global brands and presented a model for analyzing components and expression methods of Timelapse, a new image technique. In previous research, literature research, Internet data survey, and YouTube data were investigated. Continuous photography has been developed as an imaging technique, and we have examined the current production status applied to domestic and foreign documentary, domestic and foreign drama, film, and advertisement. In 2015-2016, I will analyze the techniques of iPhones (2016), Ralph Lauren Polo Ads (2015), and Canon EOS (2013) videos that use Timelapse techniques in their recent advertisements. The results show that the Timelapse component is a static element, the static motif is mainly an artificial structure, the place is outdoor, the color is taken at a time showing the characteristics of the place, and the layout is all centered. The dynamic motif is a moving object. The dynamic line consists of a story based on the object. The time is about 11-15 seconds, the longest is about 1 minute and 30 seconds, and the editing is mainly focused on the product with the brand logo emphasized. In conclusion, it is the role of the image to pay attention to the advertisement and catch the eye. In order to motivate the buyer's mind, it is necessary to direct and edit such as Timelapse, which stimulates the emotions inherent in the mind and stimulates the non-verbal symbols. Future research is likely to reveal various attempts at temporal editing of images.
Timelapse;Global Brand;Advertisement Media;Image design;Visual communication
- Kim, Ji - Hong, "A Study on the Types of Various Time of Animation and Image Linguistic Expression", Journal of Design Research Vol.15 No.4, p.257, 2002.
- Lee Ik-Hee, "Visual effects and utilization of 3D images using Time Labs (Timelapse)", Korea Science & Arts Forum (KOREA), Vol. 18, pp.509-518, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17548/ksaf.2014.12.18.509
- Wang, Sung-Hyun, "A Study on Image Production using Time-Lapse Technique, My Master's Thesis", Graduate School of Design, Myongji University, p.14, 2014.
- Jung, Ye-Ji, "A Study on the Use of Time Slice Technique for TV Drama Contents, Master 's Thesis", Graduate School of Image Information, Dong - A University, p.28, 2016.
- Jeong, Ha-Young, "A study on the change of special shooting system according to the development of digital technology", Yonsei University Graduate School of Media and Promotion, p.25, 2009.
- Jeong, JongHan "A study on the production about documentary 'Ssanggyesa temple of heaven' :Mainly discussing the Timelapse", Hallyu Culture Industry Graduate School PaiChai University, Korea, p.6, 2013.
- Jung, Woo-Keun, "A Study on the Method of Television Image Analysis, Dept. of Photographic Imaging", Graduate School of Industry, Kyungil University, p.55, 2001.
- Choi, Hyun-Jin, "A Study on the Use of Time Laps in Documentary, Department of Visual Visual Design", Graduate School of Yeungnam University, Master's Thesis, Visual Image Design Major, pp.35-38, 2015.
- Cheng, Xin, "Time-lapse imaging of fault properties at seismogenic depth using repeating earthquakes", active sources and seismic ambient noise, Rice University, pp.25-121, 22009.
- Joshua Pablo, "Telematic timelapse : surveillance suite", Proceedings of the seventh ACM conference, pp.471-472, 2009.
- Dae-Hyuk Moon, "Implementation of Panoramic Realistic Images with the Use of Ultra High Definition(UHD) TV", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14 No.7, pp.411-418. 2016.
- Jung-Hee Lim, Jean-Hun Chung, "A Study on the Expressional Characteristics and Elements of Contents Using Hologram", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15 No.4, pp.405-411. 2017.
- Jung-Sun Yu, Jean-Hun Chung, "A Study on the Selective Visual Vision and Cinemagraph Expression", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15 No.5, pp.325-331. 2017.
- In-Kyu Jeon, Jean-Hun Chung, "Study of GUI design convergence guideline for the users of aged generation", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13 No.7, pp.323-331. 2015.
- Ki-Deok Park, Jean-Hun Chung, "A study on the Image Augmented Reality Card using Augmented Reality", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12 No.8, pp.467-474. 2014.
- Ga-Yeon Lee, Seok-hyun Lee, "Virtual Reality Based Cultural Tourist Attractions converging with Souvenir," Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 111-116, 2017.
- Seung-Soo Shin, Miyea Shin, Yoon-Su Jeong, Jihea Lee, "An Investigation of Social Commerce Service Quality on Consumer's Satisfaction," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2015
- Jae-Shin Kang, "Application method of cultural heritage contents exhibition combining augmented reality technology", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 5, pp. 137-143, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.137
- YOUNGJAE YOO, "Case Analysis of the performance contents using virtual reality technology", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 5, pp. 145-153, 2017.
- DOI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqYf7yv-O8 (Night of Seoul)