- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The Convergent Influence of Social Awareness and Health Status on Social Support in Korean Echo Generation
에코세대의 사회인식 및 건강상태가 사회적지지에 미치는 융복합적 영향
- Song, Hyo-Jeong (College of Nursing, Jeju National University) ;
- Park, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Nursing, Kunsan National University)
- Received : 2017.06.08
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the convergent influence of social awareness and health status on social support in Korean echo generation by using Korea adult psycho-social anxiety survey data. Korea adult psycho-social anxiety survey data were collected from August to September 2015 and included 1,653, who responded to the question regarding social support. The data were analyzed by t-test, chi-square and hierarchial multiple regression using SPSS WIN 23.0 program. The mean score of social support was 19.60. The influencing factors on social support were neighborhood relations, perceived class, euphoria, equality in society, stability in society, self Esteem, communication, and stress, respectively. Therefore, it is necessary to establish strategies to strengthen social support of echo generation. A more careful examination may be warranted.
Echo generation;Social awareness;Health status;Social support;Influence
- Statistics Korea, "Sociodemographic characteristics of baby boomers and echo generation." [Internet]. Seoul: Statistics Korea; 2017. Available from: http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/9/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=259163.
- H. J. Kim, "The effects of values on work and attitudes on leisures on retirement prepare behavior: a comparative study of the first, second echo baby-boom generation." master's thesis, Ewha womans University; 2015.
- S. H. Lee, "A study on acceptance and user satisfactation of smart home-focus on echoboomer generation-" doctor's thesis, Seoul venture University; 2015.
- D. B. Park, "Echo boomer's three major financial crisis." Seoul: Hyundai research institute; 2012. Weekly Economic Review No. 491.
- H. Y. Lee, H. S. Koh, S. H. Kim, Y. S. Lee, M. H. Huh, "A comparative study of the digital generation and the baby-boom generation." The Korean information society development institute. Jincheongun, 2013 December. No.13-49.
- B. M. Kim, "The young half of their 20s and 30s 'I'm nahollo who enjoys honbap, honsul". [Internet]. Seoul: The Kyunghyang Shinmun; 2017. Available from: http://biz.khan.co.kr/khan_art_view.html?artid =201609200941011&code=920100.
- J. H. Shin, "Reclusive loner 30 million." [Internet]. Seoul: The financial news; 2017. Available from: http://www.fnnews.com/ news/201701261252403577
- M. W. Lee, "Analysis of and suggested points of OECD social cohesion indicators." National assembly research service. Seoul, 2016 July. No. 62.
- Korea Institue of Public Administration, "Korea social integration survey 2016." Korea Institute of Public Administration. Seoul, 2016 December. No.417001.
- Welfare-state Youth Network, "Life and social perception of Korean university students: a survey of university students 2014." Welfare-state Youth Network. Seoul, 2015 June.
- S. Y. Lee, J. U. Jung, D. K. Whang , C. K. Son, S. M. Yoon, S. M. Chae, M. R. Cha, H. J. Kim, "Some Causes of the Psycho-social Anxiety in Korea and How to Address Them." Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs. Seoul, 2015 June.
- M. K. Lim, M. H. Kim, Y.J. Shin, W. S. Yoo, B. M. Yang, "Social Support and Self-rated Health Status in a Low Income Neighborhood of Seoul, Korea." Korean Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol.36 No.1, pp.54-62, 2003.
- C. L., Ra, H. K. Lee, "Employment transitions and suicide ideation among echo generation." Health Policy and Management. Vol.23 No.4, pp.369-375, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/0.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.4.369 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.4.369
- T. M. Song, D. L. Jin, J. Y. Song, J. Y. An, Y. H. Cho. "A comparative analysis of suicide characteristics by age group in Korea." Journal of The Korea Society of Health Informatics and Statistics, Vol.38 No.1, pp.122-142, 2013.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, "2013 National survey on suicide. Sejong: Ministry of Health and Welfare" 2014.
- S. H. Kang, S. J. Chang, "The mediating effect of character strengths in the relationship between social supports and subjective well-being: focused on community child centers." Korea Journal of Counseling. Vol.14 No.3, pp.2395-2416, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.4.201308.2395
- Y. S. Moon, J. S. Han, "Influence of Perceived Social Support and Self-Efficacy on Stress-Coping Behaviors in School-Aged Children" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14 No.11, pp.417-425, 2016.
- E. J. Gu, J. H. Park, "Mediating effects of positive affect and resilience on the relationship between social support, school Adjustment." Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.23 No.5, pp. 289-312, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2016.05.23.5.289
- M. G. Choi, S. Y. Sung, "Structure relationship among social support, self-regualtion learning, and academic achievement." Korean journal of youth studies. Vol.19 No.1, pp.357-373, 2012.
- S. J. Park, "The effects of Self-Resilience and Social Support on School Adjustment of Dormitory High School Students Adaptation in Convergence Age" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14 No.2, pp.287-293, 2016.
- I. S. Uhm, "Study on the effect of the elderly's living stress and social support on depression." The Journal of Pubic Welfare Admimistration, Vol.22 No.1, pp.73-90, 2012.
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon, "The Effects of Suicidal Thought on Health Status Social Support, and Life Satisfaction in Elderly." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.10 No.11, pp.515-524, 2012.
- L. C. Kim, J. A. Paek, "The effects of Family Conflict, Social Support and Self-Esteem on Life Satisfaction of the Aged" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14 No.7, pp.279-287, 2016.
- J. W. Kim, J. H. .Lee, "An influence of social support and self-management of university students who participate in sports on stress coping and career maturity." The Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol.25 No.5, pp.117-132, 2016.
- Y. H. Lee, H. K. Kim, M. S. Kim, "Mediating effects of self-esteem and social support on the relationship between physical, psychological symptoms and campus life satisfaction of students" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11 No.10, pp.483-492, 2016.
- N. R. Kim, K. H. Lee, "The Influence of Need for Approval, Social Support and Social Anxiety on Life Satisfaction among College Students" Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.245-264, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.4.201508.245
- D. H. Lee, E. J. Son, "The mediating effects of preference for online social interaction on the relation between social skills, social support, loneliness and problematic internet use" Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp.3105-3123, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.14.5.201310.3105
- E. S. Yu, S. S. Lee, "An Exploratory study on the Effects of Family Support, Social Support for Elderly's Self-identity." Journal of Contents Association, Vol.14, No.12, pp.254-273, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.12.254
- E. K. Kim, G. S. Ha, "The Effects of Social Participation and Social Support on Quality of Life of the Elderly" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, No.12, pp.811-820, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.811
- J. W. Park, " A study to development a scale of social support." doctorate thesis, Yonsei University; 1985.
- J. W. Oh, Y. S. Moon, "A Predictive Model of Health Promotion Behavior in Nursing Students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.10, pp.391-403, 2014.
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon, "The Impact of Health Status, Health Promoting Behaviors, and Social Problem Ability on College Adjustment among Nursing Students." The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol.19 No.1, pp.33-42, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.33
- K. H. Hwang, Y. S. Yoo, O. H. Cho, "Smartphone Overuse and Upper Extremity Pain, Anxiety, Depression, and Interpersonal Relationships among College Students" Journal of Contents Association, Vol. 12 No. 10, pp.365-375, 2012. DOI: http://dx. doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.365 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.10.365
- S. M. Han, "The effects of suicide ideation on suicide reports of mass media and social support in college students" The Journal of the Korean society of school health, Vol.25 No.1, pp.133-142, 2012.
- Y. H. Lee, "Mental health. Seoul: Hyunhaksa", 2003.
- D. E. Cutrona, "Social support in couples: Marriaheasare source in times of stress: housand Oaks, CA: Sage" 1996.