- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Association Between the Addiction of SNS and Ego-Identity of Youth's in Both Reality and Cyber Space
청소년의 SNS중독과 현실공간 및 가상공간에서의 자아정체감의 관계
- Shin, Hye-Sun (Dept. of Nursing, Namseoul University) ;
- Yun, Seok-Hee (Dept. of Nursing, Catholic Sangji College)
- Received : 2017.05.26
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
This study was conducted with male/female teenagers to examine the interaction between their attachment to social media and their self-identity in both real space and cyberspace. Among the subjects, male teenagers tended to use social media more than female teenagers. Also, the more friends/followers they have, the more they would use the service itself. In the subordinate correlation of the subjects' self-identity in both cyberspace and real space, most areas showed positive correlation. And each subregion of the areas of real-space ego-identity and social media addiction showed positive correlation with them as well. On the other hand, in areas of social media addiction and cyberspace ego-identity, all areas showed negative correlation except the area of dominance. Through this experiment, it was proven apparent that there needs to be proper management of teenagers that are overusing and are addicted to social media, and that programs should be developed to mediate the subjects in regards to each subregion of real space and cyberspace ego-identity.
- H. J. Song and S. Y. Oh., "A Study on MSNS(Mobile Social Network Service) Addiction of University Students." Journal of the Social Sciences, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 56-82, 2013.
- Kuss, D J. and Griffiths, M D., "Online social networking and addiction-A review of the psychological literature." International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, Vol. 8, No.92, pp. 3528-3552, 2011. https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph8093528
- S. H, Lee. The Relation of Addiction and Sustainable Use of Social Media Service. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 273-280, 2014.
- B. S, Kim. A Study on Antecedents of User Addiction in Mobile Messenger Services. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 3 pp. 95-103, 2014.
- Korea Information Society Development Institute, "SNS usage ststus." KISDI STAT Report, 2013.
- M. J. Kang., "Identity and Intimacy of Adolescents and Young Adults: Differences based on the Use of the Social Media." Korea journal of youth studies, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1-28, 2013.
- E. J. Kim., "Effects on mobile phone functional use of ego resilience, peer attachment and mobile phone-related characteristics in male and female middle school students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp 338-391, 2016.
- H. Y. Lim and C. I. Hwang., " A Comparative Analysis on the Ego-Identity of University Students in Real and Cyber-space." Research institute of educational affairs, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 129-151, 2011.
- H. K. Han and J. H. Kim., "Influence of Self-Identities in Real Space and Virtual Space on Game Addiction and Maladaptation." Korean Journal of Communication and Information, Vol. 37, pp. 342-376, 2007.
- C. R. Ryu., "Dialectical Contradictions in Adolescents' Friendships: Differences of Friendship in the Real and Cyber World." Journal of Cyber communication Academic Society, V0l. 25, No. 2, pp. 35-70, 2008.
- H. K. Kim and J. Y. Lee., "A Q Study for Multiple Identity Accomplished by Avata in Virtual Space." Journal of KSSSS, Vol. 7, pp. 27-51, 2002.
- E. Y. Na and Y. R. Cha., "Determinants of Internet Group Polarization." The Korean Journal of Social and Personality Psychology, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 103-121, 2012.
- Y. K. Lee., "A study on the formation of the self-identity in virtual spaces : a focus on the constructive identity" The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2001.
- National Information Society Agency, " development of Korean smartphone addiction proneness scale for youth and adults." Seoul: National Information Society Agency, 2011.
- A. C. Park., "Validation of Korean Adolescent Ego-identity Scale." The Korea Journal of Educational Psychology, V0l. 17, No. 3, pp. 373-392, 2003.
- H. Y. Lim., "Acomparative analysis on the ego-identity of university students in real and cyber-spaces" The Graduate School Yonsei University, 2011.
- M. H. Jo, J. M. Kim, S. S. Rhu and I. H. Kim., "The Difference of The Self-Regulation and The Usage Motivation between The SNS and The Game Group in The Over usage of Smartphone of Adolescents." Korea journal of youth studies, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 297-317, 2017. https://doi.org/10.21509/KJYS.2017.01.24.2.297
- K. A. Jung, B. W. Kim, "The Differences of the Ego-Resilience and Disagreement in Parents' Rearing Attitude according to the Levels of the Smartphone Addiction of Adolescents", Journal of digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 299-308, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.299
- E. J. Lee, J. K. Eo, The Differences of the Impulsivity and Parenting Attitude of the High School Students according to the Levels of the Smartphone Addiction. Journal of Life-span Studies, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 1-17, 2014.
- B. N. Kim, E. J. Ko, H. I. Choi, A study on factors affecting smartphone addiction in university students: A focus on differences in classifying risk groups. Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 67-98, 2013.
- NIA, 2013 The survey of internet addiction. Seoul: NIA, 2014.
- H. E. Hwang and H. S. Kim., " Influences of Self-esteem, Social Anxiety and Interpersonal Relation Orientation on the Tendency of Social Network Service Addiction of Middle School Students." Korea journal of youth studies, Vol. 22, No. 9, pp. 233-253, 2015.
- E. H. Ko and S. Y. Bai., "The Exploration of Factors Influencing Youth's Social Media Addiction : Focusing on SNS Usage Patterns & Parental Mediation Types." Korea journal of youth studies, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 451-472, 2016.
- M. O. Yu, S.J, Ju, J. H, Kim. A Study on Smartphone Addiction, Mental health and Impulsiveness For High School Students at Korea. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp409-418, 2014.
- S. Y. Park, S. H, Cho. Formation of Social relationship through SNS and adolescents' life satisfaction. Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 13, No. 2, pp 371-379. 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.371
- I. A. Park., "A Study on the Relation between Adolescent's Emotional Problems, Smart phone Dependency and School Life Adjustment - from a perspective of choice theory." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, V0l. 7, No. 5, pp. 263-268, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.5.263
- H. J, Kang. The relationships among smartphone use, mental health and physical health - Focusing on smartphone users' attitudes. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 483-488, 2016.
- H. S. Lee. "Convergent Study of the Effect of University Students' Addiction to Smartphones on Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy : Stress Level and Mental Health as Mediating Factors." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, V0l. 8, No. 1, pp.139-148, 2017.