- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A study on the security threat and security requirements for multi unmanned aerial vehicles
무인기 군집 비행 보안위협 및 보안요구사항 연구
- Kim, Mansik (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Soongsil University) ;
- Kang, Jungho (Dept. of Information Security, Soongsil University Lifelong Education Institute) ;
- Jun, Moon-seog (Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.06.23
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) have mostly been used for military purposes but with the progress in ICT and reduced manufacturing costs, they are increasingly used for various private services. UAVs are expected to carry out autonomous flying in the future. In order to carry out complex tasks, swarm flights are essential. Although the swarm flights has been researched a lot due to its different network and infrastructure from the existing UAV system, There are still not enough study on security threats and requirements for the secure swarm flights. In this paper, to solve these problems, UAV autonomous flight technology is defined based on US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), and swarm flights and security threat about it are classified. And then we defined and compared security requirements according to security threats of each swarm flights so as to contribute to the development of secure UAC swarm flights in the future.
Drone;Unmanned Aerial Vehicle;Security;Autonomous Control;Swarm Flight
- Pan-Seop Shin, Sun-Kyung Kim, and Jung-Min Kim. "Intuitive Controller based on G-Sensor for Flying Drone." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.319-324, 2014.
- Keun-Wang Lee and Joon-kyu Park, "Construction and Analysis of Geospatial Information about Submerged District Using Unmanned Aerial System ", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp.225-230, 2016.
- Jeong-Pil Lee, Jae-Wook Lee, Keun-Ho Lee, "A Scheme of Security Drone Convergence Service using Cam-Shift Algorithm", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp29-34, 2016.
- A. L. Lee, "Drone market and industry trend", Weekly TIP, Vol. 53, Convergence Research Policy Center, 2017.
- Ryan, A., Zennaro, M., Howell, A., Sengupta, R., and Hedrick, J. K., "An overview of emerging results in cooperative UAV control." Decision and Control, 2004. CDC. 43rd IEEE Conference on. Vol. 1. IEEE, 2004.
- Clough, Bruce T. "Metrics, schmetrics! How the heck do you determine a UAV's autonomy anyway", AIR FORCE RESEARCH LABWRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB OH, 2002.
- Huang, H. M., Pavek, K., Albus, J., and Messina, E. "Autonomy levels for unmanned systems (alfus) framework: An update.", Defense and Security. International Society for Optics and Photonics, Vol. 27, pp.439-448, 2005.
- Gaudiano, P., Shargel, B., Bonabeau, E., and Clough, B., "Control of UAV swarms: What the bugs can teach us.", 2nd AIAA Unmanned Unlimited Conf. and Workshop & Exhibit, pp.6624-6624, 2003.
- Alejo, D., Cobano, J. A., Heredia, G., and Ollero, A. "An Efficient Method for Multi-UAV Conflict Detection and Resolution Under Uncertainties.", Robot 2015: Second Iberian Robotics Conference. Springer, Cham, pp.635-647, 2016.
- Cekmez, Ugur, Mustafa Ozsiginan, and Ozgur Koray Sahingoz. "Multi-UAV path planning with parallel genetic algorithms on CUDA architecture." Proceedings of the 2016 on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Companion. ACM, pp.1079-1086, 2016.
- Cummings, M. L., Bruni, S., Mercier, S., and Mitchell, P. J., "Automation architecture for single operator, multiple UAV command and control.", Massachusetts Inst Of Tech Cambridge, 2007.
- Rabinovich, Sharon, and Gabriel Elkaim. "Leader- Follower UAVs for Formation Testing." 2016.
- Howitt, Sara, and Dale Richards. "The human machine interface for airborne control of UAVs." 2nd AIAA" Unmanned Unlimited" Conf. and Workshop & Exhibit. 2003.
- M.S. Kim, H.J. Kim, and M.S Jun, "Classification and Research of Multi-UAV Control Scheme", KIPS, Conf., Apr. 2017.
- Rodday, N. M., Schmidt, R. D. O., and Pras, A., "Exploring security vulnerabilities of unmanned aerial vehicles." Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS), 2016 IEEE/IFIP. IEEE, pp.993-994, 2016.
- Seung-Soo Shin, Gyoo-Soo Chae, Tae-Hyun Lee, "An Investigation Study to Reduce Security Threat in the Internet of Things Environment," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 31-36, 2015
- Jeongnyeo Kim, "Security Core Technology Implementation for Hardware-based Smart Devices" Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 14, No. 11, pp.501-505, 2016.
- Jung Hyun Soo, Gyoo-Soo Chae "Detection of Forgery of Mobile App and Study on Countermeasure", Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.27-31, 2015.
- Sunghyuck Hong, "Packet attack detection, route security, Distributed denial of service, DDoS detection algorithm, Network" Journal of Digital Convergence Vol. 12, No. 1, pp.423-249, 2014.
- Sik-Wan Cho, Won-Jun Jang, Hyung-Woo Lee, "mVoIP Vulnerability Analysis And its Countermeasures on Smart Phone", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp.7-12, 2012.