- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on Effects of IT Resources of the Firms Adopting Smart-Work on Job Performance: Focused on Mediating Effect of Collective Intelligence
스마트워크 도입 기업의 IT자원이 직무성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증연구: 집단지성의 매개효과를 중심으로
- Cho, Moo-Ho (Dept. of Techno Management of Graduate School, Hoseo University) ;
- Yang, Dongwoo (Dept. of Techno Management of Graduate School, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2017.06.30
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
This paper aims to investigate the effects of Smart-Work IT resources on job performance. The survey was conducted amongst the business workers who are currently engaged in domestic major companies as well as small businesses, and analyzed based on the frequency, factor and reliability. Using PROCESS Macro, we conducted an analysis of the relationship between the IT resources and job performance, treating collective intelligence as a mediating parameter. The results of the study are as follows. First, the IT resources of the companies were found to have a meaningful effect on job performance. Second, the IT resources were found to have no effect on employee productivity except through their effect on the collective intelligence. Finally, while openness and cooperation were found to be the aspects of collective intelligence which mediated between IT resources and workflow improvement, participation, openness and cooperation were found to be the aspects of collective intelligence which mediated between IT resources and workflow coordination, In the future, it is necessary to compare quantitatively the financial performance of Smart-Work adopters and others in the same industry or to compare the financial performance before and after introducing Smart-Work dynamically within the same company.
Smart-Work;IT resources;resource-based view(RBV);collective intelligence;job performance
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, "Current Situation and Tasks of Smart-Work for Private Companies", 2011.
- Korea Communications Commission, "Guidebook for Companies Introducing Smart-Work", 2011.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Ministry of the Interior, Ministry of Employment and Labor & National Information Society Agency, "Survey on Smart-Work Usage in 2015", 2015.
- Su-Hyeon Namn, Kyoo-Sung Noh & Yu-Kyung Kim, "Models for Determining the Levels of Smart Work", Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 191-200, 2011.
- Gea-Gwan Pak, "A Study on Relationship of the Teleworking Condition and Job Effectiveness in Korea, Doctoral Dissertation", Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, 2007.
- Dong-Jin Park, In-Whan Kim & Yun-Jae Lee, "A Study of Revitalizing Knowledge Management in Smartwork Environment", Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.223-233, 2011.
- Seong-Taek Park, Heung Gyo Cheong & Tae Ung Kim, "A Study on Interrelationship among Smartwork Supporting Tool, Exploration, Exploitation, and Smartwork Performances", Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp.185-193, 2012.
- Mihyoung Cho and Jae-Sung Choi, "IT Resources and Perceived Organizational Efficiency among Non-profit Social Service Organizations", Journal of Korean Social Welfare Administration, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.113-138, 2012.
- Min-Woo Lee, "The Effects of Mobile Smart-Work IT Resources of Resource Based View on the Work Efficiency: based on moderating effects of the perceived usefulness", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 93-102, 2016.
- Min-Woo Lee, Seung-Chul Kim, "Effects of Smart-Work IT-Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in Service Industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 89-97, 2015.
- Hyun Chul Kim, "The Impact of Enterprises' Smart Work Quality on Job Satisfaction and Work Performance: Focusing on Mediating Effect of Collective Intelligence", Doctoral Dissertation, Dongguk University, 2015.
- Brynjolfsson, E. & Hitt, L., "Paradox Lost? Firm-Level Evidence on the Returns to Information Systems Spending", Management Science, Vol. 42, No. 4, pp. 541-558, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.42.4.541
- Mata, F. J., Fuerst, W. L., & Barney, J. B., "Information Technology and Sustained Competitive Advantage: A Resource-based Analysis". MIS Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 487-505, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/249630
- Bharadwaj, A. S., "A Resource-Based Perspective on Information Technology Capability and Firm Performance: An Empirical Investigation". MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 169-196, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250983
- Teo, T. S. H., & Ranganathan, C., "Leveraging IT Resources and Capabilities at the Housing and Development Board", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 229-249, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsis.2003.09.002
- Melville N., Kraemer K. & Gurbaxani V., "Review: Information Technology and Organizational Performane: An Integrative Model of IT Business Value", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp.283-332, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148636
- Wheeler, W. M., "Ants: Their Structure, Development, and Behavior", New York: The Columbia University Press, 1910.
- Le'vy, P., "Collective Intelligence: Mankind's Emerging World in Cyberspace", Perseus Books Group, 1994.
- O'Reilly, T., "What is Web 2.0?", www.oreillynet.com, 2005.
- Leadbeater, C. (2008), "We-Think: The Power of Mass Creativity", London: Profil Books, 2008 (Sunhee Lee, Trans.).
- Yuna Lee & Sang Soo Lee, "Conceptual Design Principles of Collective Intelligence", Journal of educational technology, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 213-239, 2009.
- Ho-Seong Yun & Ki-Dong Lee, "A Study on Measurement of Collective Intel1igence using Business Management Game", Journal of Digital Policy, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp.53-63, 2011.
- Kyoo-Sung Noh & Sung Choi, "Smart Worker's Social Capabilities", Smart Work 2.0, CommunicationBooks Inc., 2011.
- Tae Hee Kim, "A Study on Community Welfare Center Director's Leadership and Social Worker's Job Performance", Master Dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 1998.
- Sonnentag, S., "Psychological Management of Individual Performance", John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., 2002.
- Cheol-Soo Choi, "Employee Empowerment and Job Performance in Travel Agencies", Doctoral Dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2002.
- Korea Information Society Development Institute, "KISDI's Model Evaluating Informalization Performance and Its Application", KISDI Issue Report, 08-04, 2008.
- Myeong-Hee Yoo, "A Study on the Influence of Incentive Travel on the Organizational Commitment and Job Performance", International Journal of Tourism Sciences, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 419-436, 2007.
- Ki Tae Lee, "The Study about Individual's Capacity, Job Satisfaction, Job Involvement and Job Performance on Ship-Repair Workers", Doctoral Dissertation, Pukyoung National University, 2016.
- Jeong Jun Lim, "A Study on Difference in Awareness of Job Competence and Analysis of Personal Job Performance of Elementary School Teachers", Master Dissertation, Sookmyung Woman's University 2011.
- Solow, R. M., "We'd Better Watch Out," The New York Times Book Review, July 12, p.37, 1987.
- Bharadwaj, A. S., Bharadwaj, S. G. & Konsynski, B. R., "Information Technology Effects on Firm Performance as Measured by Tobin's q", Management Science, Vol. 45, No. 6, pp. 1008-1024, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.45.7.1008
- Cron, W. L. & Sobol, M. G., "The Relationship Between Computerization and Performance:A Strategy for Maximizing the Economic Benefits of Computerization", Information and Management, 6, pp.171-181, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-7206(83)90034-4
- Bakos, J. Y., "Dependent Variables for the Study of Firm and Industry-Level Impacts of Information Technology", Center for Information Systems Research, 1987.
- Mooney, J. G., Gurbaxani, V. & Kraemer, K. L. (1995), "A Process-Oriented Framework for Assessing the Business Value of Information Technology", Center for Research in Information Technology and Organizations, 1995.
- Clemons, E. K. & Row, M. C., "Limits to Interfirm Coordination through Information Technology: Results of a Field Study in Consumer Packaged Goods Distribution", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.73-95, 1993.
- Yong-sik Kang, "A Study on the Influencing Factors of Smartwork Performance", Doctoral Dissertation, Chungbuk National University, 2014.
- Min-Woo Lee, Min-Jeong Oh & Seung-Chul Kim, "Effects of IT-Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in the Mobile Smart-Work Environment", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 165-176, 2016.
- Duggan, W., "Strategic intuition : the creative spark in human achievement", Columbia University Press, 2007 (Mina Yoon, Trans.).
- SERI, "New Sources to Create Value, Collective Intelligence", CEO Information No. 778, 2010.
- Ho-Sung Yun, "A Study on Measurement of Collective Intelligence using Business Management Game", Master Dissertation, University of Incheon, 2010.
- Na An, "The Effects of Co-workers Trust on Group Performance: A Mediating Role of Collective Intelligence and a Moderating Role of Task Interdependence", Master Dissertation, Pusan National University, 2014.