- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
The complexity of opt-in procedures in mobile shopping: Moderating effects of visual attention using the eyetracker
모바일 쇼핑에서 옵트인의 절차적 복잡성 연구: 아이트래커(eyetracker) 기반 시각적 주의의 조절효과
- Kim, Sang-Hu (Dept. of Psychology, Kangwon National University) ;
- Kim, Yerang (Dept. of Psychology, Kangwon National University) ;
- Yang, Byunghwa (Dept. of Psychology, Kangwon National University)
- Received : 2017.07.02
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
Consumers tend to feel concern about disclosure of personal information and, at the same time, to avoid inconvenience of procedural complexity caused by the privacy protections. The purpose of current paper is to investigate relationships between opt-in procedural complexity and shopping behavior using smart phones, moderating by the amount of visual attentions using eyetrackers. Therefore, we created a virtual mobile Web-site in which the complexity of opt-in procedures in our experiment is manipulated and measured. Also, we measured the dwell-time of area of interest using SMI-RED 250 instrument for tracking the real eye movement. Results indicated that the levels of procedural complexity are related to repurchase, indicating a moderating effect of the amount of visual attentions. Finally, we discussed several theoretical and practical implications of management for mobile commerce.
- Mi-Hyang Shin. "Influences information privacy concerns and personal innovation of smartphone-based shopping mall on usefulness, ease-of-use and satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 197-209, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.197
- Kye Won Suh, "Information privacy and the protection of personal information-focusing on framework act on the protection of personal information", World Constitutional Law Review, Vol. 11, pp. 195-232, 2005.
- A. M. McDonald and L. F. Cranor, "The cost of reading privacy policies", Journal of Law and Policy, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 543-568, 2015.
- N. F. Awad and M. S. Krishnan, "The personalization privacy paradox: An empirical evaluation of information transparency and the willingness to be profiled online for personalization", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 13-28, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148715
- P. A. Pavlou, "State of the information privacy literature: Where are we now and where should we go?", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 977-988, 2011. https://doi.org/10.2307/41409969
- P. A. Norberg, D. R. Horne and D. A. Horne, "The privacy paradox: Personal information disclosure intentions versus behaviors", Journal of Consumer Affairs, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 100-126, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6606.2006.00070.x
- Y. Gao and X. Wu, "A cognitive model of trust in e-commerce: evidence from a field study in china", Journal of Applied Business Research, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 37-44, 2010.
- W. Hong, J. Y. Thong and K. Y. Tam, "The effects of information format and shopping task on consumers' online shopping behavior: A cognitive fit perspective", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 149-184, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2004.11045812
- R. Radach, S. Lemmer, C. Vorstius, D. Heller and K. Radach, "Eye movements in the processing of print advertisements", The Mind's Eye: Cognitive and Applied Aspects of Eye Movement Research, pp. 609-632. 2003.
- V. Venkatraman, J. W. Payne and S. A. Huettel, "An overall probability of winning heuristic for complex risky decisions: Choice and eye fixation evidence", Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 125, No. 2, pp. 73-87, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obhdp.2014.06.003
- B. Hasan, "Perceived irritation in online shopping: The impact of website design characteristics", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 54, pp. 224-230, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2015.07.056
- V. Verma, D. Sharma and J. Sheth, "Does relationship marketing matter in online retailing? A meta-analytic approach", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 206-217, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11747-015-0429-6
- Byunghwa Yang, Youngchan Kim, and Changjo Yoo, "The integrated mobile advertising model: The effects of technology- and emotion-based evaluation", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 66, No. 9, pp. 1345-1352, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2012.02.035
- Seong-Hoon Lee, Dong-Woo Lee, "Fintech-conversions of finance industry based on ICT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- Y. E. Lee and I. Benbasat, "A framework for the study of customer interface design for mobile commerce", International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol. 8, No.3, pp. 79-102, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/10864415.2004.11044299
- Ju Hee Kim and Jong Kyung Ha, "Purchases behavior and risk perception in cosmetics purchases at online shopping malls", Korean Association of Human Ecology, Vol. 19, No. 6, pp. 1003-1012, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2010.19.6.1003
- Ki-Bong Kim, Jin-Young Yun, "Comparison and analysis on mobile payment in terms of security : Survey", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 15-20, 2015.
- Hyeon-hong Min, Seong-bae Park, Jin-seop Jung and Kyeong seok Han, "The factors affecting provision intention of individual information in the big data era", The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 95-117, 2016.
- Jung-suk Lee and Byunghwa Yang, "Visual attention of messages according to advertising models' body exposure level and focus on the exposed body area (FEBA): The moderating effect of message overlapping cues", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 89-110, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2015.5.31.89
- Man-Soo Chung, "The effects of age and need for cognition on smart phone using behavior: A study of smart phone dependency, mobile application, privacy concern, and mobile ad avoidance", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 105-133, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.8.31.105
- V. Venkatesh and F. D. Davis, "A theoretical extension of the technology acceptance model: Four longitudinal field studies", Management Science, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.18.104.22.16826
- S. L. Jarvenpaa and P. A. Todd, "Is there a future for retailing on the Internet", Electronic Marketing and the Consumer, Vol. 1, No. 12, pp. 139-154, 1997.
- Jin-Hee Han, So-Hyun Jae, Bo-Hyun Kim and Jee-Sun Park, "Effects of consumer trust and perceived usefulness on mobile payments and online shopping website loyalty", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 12, pp. 75-87, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.12.75