- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Founder Characteristics on the Performance of Establishment by Marketing Capability
창업자 특성이 마케팅 역량에 따른 창업성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Song, In-Am (Dept. of Business Administration, Daejeon University) ;
- Jeon, Gye-Sik (Dept. of Business Attending, Daejeon University)
- Received : 2017.07.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
This study is a study on the entrepreneurial characteristics of entrepreneurship by marketing competency. This study examines the relationship between the characteristics of entrepreneurs and their marketing competence, and examines the effects of these characteristics on entrepreneurial performance. The results of the empirical analysis show that the characteristics of entrepreneurs influence on entrepreneurship performance. Second, marketing competence affects entrepreneurial performance. Third, it is found that the characteristics of entrepreneurs influence the entrepreneurial performance according to marketing competence. Therefore, this study confirms that the characteristics of entrepreneurs and marketing competence affect the performance of entrepreneurship, and that the characteristics of entrepreneurs influence the entrepreneurship performance according to marketing competence. Therefore, It is significant to provide theory and implications.
Founder;Founder Characteristics;Marketing Capability;Establishment Performance;Establishment
- B. O. Kang, "A Study on the Influence of CEO's Entrepreneurship in SMEs on Business Performance:Franchise Business" Doctor of Business, pp.16-19, ChungAng University, 2016.
- S. B. Kang, "Report on corporation performance influenced by entrepreneur's motive, entrepreneurship, and advanced preparation.-Small business entrepreneurs-" Master of Business, pp63-65, ChungAng University, 2012.
- Y. Y. Kang, K. S. Ha, "Characteristics of Small Business Start-Up and Effect of Preparation of Small Business Start-up on Business Performance-Focusing on Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp.239-251, 2012.
- J. S. Lee, B. Y. Lee "A Study of Business Support Policy for Small-Medium Enterprises in Regional Strategic Industry " Journal of Korea Academia- Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp.2030-2037, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2030
- D. E. Kim, S. S. Chang "Relationship Between Potential Entrepreneurs' Entrepreneurial Nascent Behavior and httention of Social Responsibility: Focus on Meister School Students" The Journal of Small Business Innovation, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp.25-46, 2013.
- D. I. Kim, "The Effects of Both the Founder Characteristic of The Business Incubator Center and Main Operating Strategies on the Performance of the Resident Enterprises" Doctor of Business, pp.65-72, HoSeo University, 2016.
- D. W. Kim, C. Y. Jin, "A Study on the Relationships between the BSC Based Four Perspectives of Preparation and Operational Performance for Small Businesses " Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.113-122, 2012.
- S. H. Kim, G. S. Bok, J. C. Park "Relationship Among Self-Determination, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial Intention of University Students in Korea", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp.15-16, 2015.
- Y. E. Kim, "The Effect of Physical Environment and Psychological Characteristics on Entrepreneurial Performance in a Restaurant Industry:The Moderating Role of Social Network", Master of Business, pp.65-68, ChungAng University, 2013.
- W. J. Kim, H. Y. Jeong, "A Study on the Relationship between Founder Characteristics and Small Business Feasibility", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.33-60, 2007.
- Y. T. Kim, "An Empirical study on the Affecting Factors of Social Enterprise Entrepreneurial Performance", Doctor of Business, pp.132-138, ChungAng University, 2012.
- J. M. Nam, B. J. Jeon, J. U. Park, "A Study on Key Factors of Establishment Preparation Phase Affecting the Success of Establishment : A longitudinal analysis of the survival of entrepreneurship using Korean labor panel", korean Academy of Human Resource Management, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.27-43, 2009.
- Y. B. Park, C. S. Yoon, "Articles : An Exploratory Study on the Determinants of Management Performance to Venture Business", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp.3-34, 2001.
- J. K. Park. "An Empirical Study on Success Factors of a Small Business Starting-up", Master of Business, pp.114-144, Dong-eui University, 2002.
- J. W. Kim, "AThe Effect on Start-up Performance of Receptiveness for Balanced Scorecard in Business Incubator", Doctor of Business, pp.94-98, Pai Chai University, 2014.
- H. M. Bang, "The Effects of Entrepreneur Characteristics on Performance of the Technology-based Start-up : Moderation Effects of Start-up Ecosystem Platform", Doctor of Business, pp.85-87, HoSeo University, 2016.
- Y. S. Shin, "A Study on the Affecting Factors of Business Incubators to the Successful Completion of the Entrepreneurial Companies. - Concentrated on Senior-Entrepreneurship Programs -", Doctor of Business, pp.168-175, ChungAng University, 2013.
- J. Y. Yoon, E. J. Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Perceptions of Career Barriers and Entrepreneurship on Intention and Preparation Behavior for Venture Business: Implications for training potential CEO", Journal of CEO and Management Studies, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.61-76, 2013.
- S. B. Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Characteristics of CEO and Competency in Venture Companies on the Organizational effectiveness :Including the Mediating Effect of Corporate Strategy", Doctor of Business, pp.86-88, HoSeo University, 2014.
- S. J. Lee, B. Y. Hwang, "Exploratory study on a psychological traits changes by entrepreneurship short-term education ", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.19-44, 2010. https://doi.org/10.16972/apjbve.5.1.201003.19
- S. H. Lee, "A Study on Effect of Entrepreneur Characteristics, Entrepreneurship and Entrepreneurial supporting policy on Business Performance -Focused on The Support Services of Business Incubator Center-", Master of Business, pp.64-73, ChungAng University, 2014.
- B. G. Lee, "A Study on the Key Success Factors for the Competitive Power of Small & Micro Business", Doctor of Business, pp.87-90, KonKuk University, 2010.
- Y. C. Lee, "The Effects of the Food Service Business Founders' Individual Characteristics on the Management Performance", Doctor of Business, pp.19, KyongGi University, 2014.
- J. K. Im, "Research of Success factors in small business Enterpreneurs-to target entrepreneurship trainees", Master of Business, pp.86, HoSeo University, 2012.
- S. S. Jang, "The Role of Corporation Management's Social and Psychological Capital on the Development of Specialized Marketing Capabilities and Management Performance", Doctor of Business, pp.60-62, KyongGi University, 2014.
- S. M. Jang, "A Study on the Effect of Venture's Internal Environment on the Performance :Mediated effect of Marketing Mix Strategy", Doctor of Business, pp.125-140, Daejeon University, 2011.
- C. K. Jang, "The Effects of Entrepreneurship and Management Competence of Small Business on Business Performance", Doctor of Business, pp.67-70, Soongsil University, 2016.
- S. H. Jeong, H. R. Kim "An Exploratory Study on Success Factors in Small Business Startups", Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.3-29, 2001.
- Y. H. Jeong, "A Study on the Influences of the Personal Characteristics and Entrepreneurship of the Founder of an Enterprise over Its Sustainability the Monitoring Effects of Emotional Controls -", Master of Business, pp.71-74, ChungAng University, 2013.
- M. Y. Joe, "The Empirical study on relationship between the degree of CEO'S preparation and the R&D performance of technology based startup companies - Focus on the Entrepreneurship education's modified effect -", Doctor of Business, pp.19, HoSeo University, 2014.
- J. Y. Jeo, "The Impact of Individual Characteristics and Level of Start-up Preparation of Small Business Traders on Their Start-up Outcomes", Master of Business, pp.30-34, ChungAng University, 2016.
- S. K. Ji, J. K. Kim, J. S. Choi, J. K. Shin, S. H. Choi, "An Empirical Study on the Relationship between Success Factors andManagement Performance of Venture Business : Focus on Venture Business in Busan", Korean journal of Business Administration, Vol. 33, No. 2, pp.119-150, 2002.
- Y. H. Choi, J. K. Shin, S. H. Kim "The Impact of Top Management, Strategy, and Structure on Performance of Small and Medium Sized Firm ", Journal of Entrepreneurship and Venture Studies, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp.103-125, 2003.
- J. S. Choi, "Impact of Founder's Sales force on The Performance of Start-up Business", Master of Business, pp.5-7, HoSeo University, 2013.
- B. Y. Hwang, "Factors on Small Service Busines Performance -Focused on Hairdresser's-", Doctor of Business, pp.122-124, HoSeo University, 2009.
- J. K. Hong, "The Effects of Individual Characteristics, Social Capital, Foundation Policy Environment of Founder on Entrepreneurial Intention - Focusing on Entrepreneurship and Value Orientation", Doctor of Business, pp.103-114, Seoul Venture University, 2015.
- Atuahene-Gima,K.and J.Murray,"Exploratory and ExploitativeLearning in New Product Development: A Social Capital Perspective on New Technology Ventures in China,"Journal of International Marketing, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.1-29, 2007.
- Buttner, E. H. and Rosen, B., "Funding New Business Ventures Are Decision Makers Based Against Women?" Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.249-269, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(89)90015-3
- Cooper, A. C., Woo, C. Y., and Dunkelberg W. C.,"Entrepreneurs Perceived Chance for Success", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.215-230, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(87)90010-3
- Hisrich, R. D. and C. G. Brush, "The Women Entrepreneurs: Management Skills and Business Problems", Journal of Small Business Management, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.30-37, 1984.
- Gummeson, E., "Nine Lessons on Service Quality", Total Quality Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.25, 1989.
- Lee, Sang M. and S. J. Peterson,"Culture, Entrepreneurial Orientation, and Global Competitiveness",Journal of World Business, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp.401-416, 2002.
- Miller, D, "Relating Porter's Business Strategies to Environment and Structure: Analysis and Performance Implications", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp.280-308, 1988.
- Morgan, R. & Hunt, S., "The commitment-trust of relationship marketing," Journal of Marketing, Vol. 58, No. 1, pp.17-41, 1997.
- Porter M. E., "Strategy and the Internet", Harvard Business Review, Vol. 79, No. 2, pp.62-78, 2001.
- Sandberg, W. and C. Hofer, "Improving New Venture Performance: The Role of Strategy, Industry Structure, and the Entrepreneur", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.5-28, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1016/0883-9026(87)90016-4
- Sexton, D. & N. Bowman, " The Entrepreneur:A Capable Executive and More", Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.129-140, 1986.
- Slevin, Dennis P.;Covin Jeffrey G., "Juggling Entrepreneurial Style and Organizational Structure-How to Get Your Act Together", Sloan management review, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp.105-109, 1990.
- Steers, R.M. & Braunstein, D.N.,"A Behaviorally-Based Measure of Manifest Needs in Work Settings", Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.251-266, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(76)90083-X
- Tsai, W., & Ghoshal, S., "Social Capital and Value Creation:The Role of Intra firm Networks", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.464-476, 1998. https://doi.org/10.2307/257085
- Vorhies, D.W., & Morgan, N.A., "Benchmarking marketing capabilities for sustained competitive advantage", Journal of Marketing, Vol. 69, No. 1, pp.80-94, 2005.
- Brockhaus, R.H, The Psychology of The Entrepreneur, in C.A. Kent., D. L. Sexton., K. H. Vesper(Eds). Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurship: Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1982.
- Drucker, P. F., Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Practice and Principles, N.Y :Harper and Row,1985.
- Hodgetts, R. M. and D. F. Kuratko, Small Business Management, John Wiley& SonsInc., 2006.
- Van de Ven, A., &Ferry, D., Measuring and Assessing Organizations, Wiley, New York, NY, 1980.