- Volume 15 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Focal Issues on the Digital Textbook Policy and Exploration for the Improvement of the Policy
디지털교과서 정책의 쟁점 분석 및 개선을 위한 시사점 탐색 연구
- Jang, Deok-Ho (Dept. of Education, Sangmyung Univ.)
- 장덕호 (상명대학교 교육학과)
- Received : 2017.07.01
- Accepted : 2017.08.20
- Published : 2017.08.28
The purpose of this study is to examine the issues of digital textbook policy in Korea, using the four dimensional model of Cooper, Fusarelli, & Randall(2004). Building upon systematic review of the policy documents, journals, and articles, I found some issues and implications for the betterment of the policy: From normative dimension, it is important to overcome widespread view of textbook based on positivist epistemology. From structural dimension, we need to move to curriculum-based textbook system and stabilize the organization in authority within the Ministry of Education. From constituentive dimension, much more consideration and support within the authority are to be provided to teachers and students. Lastly, it is critical to develop and disseminate an effective instructional model and build capacity of teachers' ICT from technical dimension. Building upon the results, clarification of policy objectives, establishment of priorities for school grades and subjects in the mid- to long-term perspective, and the establishment of communicative venue for the gathering of opinions of teachers and students who are key participants and activation of operations.
Digital textbook policy;Cooper;4 dimensional model;Positivist epistemology;Neo-institutionalism
Supported by : 상명대학교
- Ministry of Education and Science & Technology, "Pilot Program for Digital Textbook Development," 2011.
- J. D. Choi, "ICT instead of Paper-based textbook vs. creative power through touching with body," http://news.joins.com/article/12000156(July 6, 2013)
- Good Teacher, "5th Conference for Smart Education Innovation Strategy," http://www.goodteacher.org(March 21, 2013)
- Y. N. Lim, & H. J. Hong, "Developmental Phases from Paper Textbooks to Digital Textbooks," Korean Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp.1-36.
- S. Y. Lee, "Because: Smart education with concern of side-effects," http://www.hani.co.kr/arti/opinion/because/525277.html (March 26, 2012).
- Y. Kim, "A Study of Primary School Teachers' Awareness of Digital Textbooks and Their Acceptance of Digital Textbooks Based on the Technology Acceptance Model," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 9-18. 2013.
- J. H. Seo, "Pre-After test for examining the effectiveness of digital textbook in pilot schools," Korea Education & Research Information Service, 2017.
- S. M. Kim, "The Moderating Effects of Field - dependence and Field-independence Cognitive Style of Learning Satisfaction of Digital Textbook," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 79-93. 2008.
- J. S. Hwang, "Comprehensive evaluation study for the development and activation of digital textbook," Korea Educational Development Institute, 2014.
- R. Azevedo, "Using hypermedia as a metacognitive tool for enhancing student learning? The role of self-regulated learning," Educational Psychologist, Vol. 40, No. 4, pp. 199-209. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep4004_2
- K. Scheiter, & P, Gerjets, "Learner control in hypermedia environments. Educational Psychology Review, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 285-307. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10648-007-9046-3
- Ministry of Education, "Notice for Digital Textbook for Primary & Middle School in accordance to 2015 Revised Curriculum" (August 29, 2016).
- B. S. Cooper, L. D, Fusarelli, & E. V. Randall, "Better policies, better schools: Theories and applications," Pearson College Division, 2004.
- Ministry of Education, "Plan for Wide Utilization of Digital Textbook," (March 7, 2007).
- Ministry of Education, "Development and Application of Digital Textbook in 2013," (August 14, 2013).
- K. S. Noh, S. W. Ju, & J. T. Chung, "An Explorative Study on the Concept and Realizing Conditions for Smart-Learning," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 79-88. 2011.
- Ministry of Education, "Major Plan for Year 2017," (January 16, 2017).
- K. H. Jeong, "A study on the influential factors on digital textbook policy," Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Korea University, 2014.
- M. K. Yang, "A critical review of digital textbook characteristics and problems," The Journal of Curriculum Studies, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 51-75. 2013. https://doi.org/10.15708/kscs.31.4.201312.003
- K. E. Weick, "Educational organizations as loosely coupled systems," Administrative science quarterly, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 1-19. 1976. https://doi.org/10.2307/2391875
- J. W. Meyer, & B. Rowan, B." Institutionalized organizations: Formal structure as myth and ceremony," American journal of sociology, Vol. 83, No. 2, pp. 340-363. 1977. https://doi.org/10.1086/226550
- M. W. McLaughlin. "Learning from experience: Lessons from policy implementation," Educational evaluation and policy analysis, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 171-178, 1987. https://doi.org/10.3102/01623737009002171
- K. S. Noh, "A Study on Policies of the Ordering and Receiving System for Public e-Learning Project in Korea." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 29-36. 2015.
- Y. H. Chun, "Goal ambiguity in public organizations: Concept, Measurement, and Validation," Korea Public Administration Review, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 49-65, 2004.
- H. J. Kim, & H. S. Lim, "Exploring on Digital Textbooks for Teachers and Students," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 33-42. 2012.
- H. G. Baek, P. S, Kim, & T. H. Ha, "Study on the Effective Factors of Leaning Motivation and Achievement of the Digital Textbook using a Structural Equation Model," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 123-135. 2008.
- J. Y. Lee, H. J. Kang, & S. Y. Park, "An Exploratory Study on Educational Significance and Environment of Flipped Learning," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 9, pp. 313-323. 2014.