- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on the numerical simulation of bird strike for composite container of external auxiliary fuel tank for rotorcraft
회전익항공기 외부 보조연료탱크용 복합재 컨테이너 조류충돌 수치모사 연구
- Kim, Hyun-Gi (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Sungchan (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Received : 2017.05.10
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
In urgent situations such as crashes, the integrity of an aircraft's fuel tank is directly related to the survivability of the crew. Thus, an external auxiliary fuel tank should be robust against bird strikes. In this study, a numerical analysis was carried out using impact analysis software to analyze the influence of bird strike on a composite container for an external auxiliary fuel tank. The structure was modeled as a shell element, and the fluid and bird were modeled by the particle method. The behavior of the internal fluid was also examined. The maximum stress, deformation, and strain of the composite container were also calculated.
Auxiliary Fuel Tank;Bird Strike;Composite Container;FEM(Finite Element Method);SPH(Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics)
Grant : 헬기 항속거리 확장용 보조연료탱크 시스템 개발
Supported by : 산업통상자원부
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong-Won Lee, In-Hee Hwang, Jang Wook Hue, Dong Woo Shin, Pil Sun Jun, Tae Kyung Jung, Byung Kun Ha, "Assessment of crashworthiness performance for fuel tank of rotorcraft", Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 806-812, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.8.806 https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.8.806
- Mary L. Ugone, John E. Meling, Jack D. Snider, Neal J. Gause, Alice F. Carey, "Acquisition: Fuel Cells of the V-22 Osprey Joint Advanced Vertical Aircraft", D-2003-013, 2002.
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong Won Lee, In Hee Hwang et al., "Slosh & Vibration Qualification Test for Fuel Tank of Rotorcraft", The Korea Institute of Military Science and Technology, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 62-68, 2011. https://doi.org/10.9766/KIMST.2011.14.1.062
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong Won Lee, In Hee Hwang et al., "Assessment of Self-sealing performance of the Fuel Tank of the Rotorcraft against Gunfire Projectiles", The Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 477-481, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.5.477 https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.5.477
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong Won Lee, In Hee Hwang, Kim, Kyung-Soo, "Numerical Simulation of Crash Impact Test for Fuel Tank of Rotorcraft", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 521-530, 2011.
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong Won Lee, In Hee Hwang, "A Study on Configuration Optimization for Rotorcraft Fuel Cells Based on Neural Network", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 51-56, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.1.051 https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.1.051
- Cheng Luo, Hua Liu, Jia-ling Yang, "Simulation and analysis of crashworthiness of fuel tank for helicopters", Chinese journal of aeronautics, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 230-235, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(07)60037-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(07)60037-5
- Hyun-Gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, "Analysis of Crash Load in Crash Impact Test for Fuel Tank of Rotorcraft", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 3736-3741, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.3736 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.3736