- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Vibration Effect by Induced Pulsation Pressure to the Fatigue Crack of the Dampener Fitting Welding Zone
항공기용 유압 펌프의 맥동 압력에 의한 감쇄기 용접부위 균열 개선 연구
- Shin, Jae Hyuk (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kim, Tae Hwan (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Kang, Gu Heon (Defense Agency for Technology and Quality) ;
- Ha, Do Jun (Korea Aerospace Industry)
- Received : 2017.05.24
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
Aircraft can often be exposed to a variety of environments and vibrations such as engine, hydraulic pump, aerodynamic force. These may cause cracking and destruction of the mechanical structure and sub-components by high-cycle fatigue. The axial piston type pump which is usually applied to the aircraft hydraulic pump can be necessarily accompanied by the fluid pulsation by continuous rotation of the axial piston. The fatigue crack was identified at the dampener fitting welding zone to prevent vibration damping during the running of aircraft equipped with this type of pulsation hydraulic pump. In order to understand the root cause of this matter, fracture and component analyses were carried out and also integral type dampener fitting was applied to prevent recurrence of the crack as a subject of design improvements. Structural integrity stress analysis, fatigue analysis, qualification test and aircraft system equipped test was conducted to verify the design validity in application to integral type dampener fitting. The test results were sufficiently satisfactory with the demand lifetime of the material from the various types of test as conducted and the subject of design improvement in this study could be objectively evaluated that shall be applied to the operational aircraft.
Dampener;Fatigue Crack;Hydraulic Pump;Helmholtz;Pulsation Pressure;Ripple
- B. I, Lee, "Aircraft Subsystems", pp. 2-12, Kyungmoon, Mar. 2015.
- S. W. Youn, "Pulsation Dampener for Diaphragm Metering Pump", Proc. of Korean Society of Precision Engineering Conference, pp. 36-40, Oct. 2004.
- J. H. Jeong, J. K. Kim, Y. K. Suh, "Numerical Study on Hydraulic Fluid Flows within Axial Piston Pumps", Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers -B, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 129-136, Feb. 2010.
- J. S. Pawan, K. C. William, "Experimental Evaluation of Bladder Type Pulsation Dampeners for Reciprocating Pumps", Proc. of the 7th International Pump Users Symposium, pp. 39-48, 1999.
- Y. I. Shin, C. S. Yi, U. G. Jeong, J. S. Suh, C. K. Song, "Vibration Analysis for Oil Gear Motor considering Pulsation Pressure", Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 793-798, Jul. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.7.793 https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.7.793
- S. W. Lee, S. C. Hong, J. M. Joo, C. H. Park, "Valve Motions and Gas Pulsations of a Reciprocating Compressor", Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 754-760, Aug. 1999.
- S. H. Kim, D. S, Sim, N. S. Jung, J. S. Kim, "T-50 Hydraulic System Improvement by Pump Pressure Pulsation Reduction", Proc. of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, pp. 509-512, Nov. 2007.
- S. H. Kim, J. C. Park, Y. S. Nam, T. H. Kim, "The Fatigue Load Prevention Design in Aircraft Hydraulic System", Proc. of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, pp. 1331-1334, Nov., 2010.
- J. E. Kim, "Helmholtz Resonator", Journal of Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 24-28, Dec. 2015. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2015.25.1.024
- S. H. Park, S. H. Seo, "Low-frequency Noise Reduction in an Enclosure by using a Helmholtz Resonator Array", Transaction of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, vol. 22, no. 8, pp. 756-762, Aug. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.756 https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.756
- B. H. Choi, B. G. Lee, J. H. Shim, C. S. Park, J. P. Kim, N. G. Park, "Effect of Weld Elastic Modulus on Simulation of Stress Concentration and Fatigue Life for Boiler Vessel", Journal of Welding and Joining, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 47-53, Oct. 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5781/JWJ.2016.34.5.47 https://doi.org/10.5781/JWJ.2016.34.5.47
- M. H. Kim, S. W. Kang H. R. Kim, "A Study on the Fatigue Life Assessment for Load-carrying Fillet Welded Joints using Stress Intensity Factor", Journal of Welding and Joining, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 97-102, Dec. 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.6.097 https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.6.097
- J. Y, Choi, "Welding Structure and Fatigue Strength", Gold, Jun. 2005.
- R. G. Budynas, J. K. Nisbett, "Shigley's Mechanical Engineering Desing", pp. 127-129, 294-315, Mc Graw Hill Education, 10th Edition, Jul. 2014.
- 85PS0009, "Design Vibration and Acoustic Environment for KTX-2", Sep. 2000.
- MIL-HDBK-5, "Metallic Materials and Elements for Aerospace Vehicle Structures", Jan. 2003.
- MIL-STD-810G, "Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests", Oct. 2008.
- SAE ARP 1383, "Impulse Testing of Hydraulic Components", Apr. 2013.