- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Analysis of Shipment Structure of Hallabong Tangor in Korea
한라봉의 출하구조 분석
- Ko, Seong-Bo (Dept. of Applied Economics in Jeju National University, Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology & SARI)
- 고성보 (제주대학교 산업응용경제학과.아열대농업생명과학연구소.친환경농업연구소)
- Received : 2017.06.23
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study is to analyze the shipbuilding structure of Hallabong Tangorover ten-day and monthly intervals, to determine whether the shipment control can stabilize and increase the income of Hallabong Tangor farmers by estimating and analyzing the price flexibility function of Hallabong, and to derive the policy implication. Looking at the overall market, the 1% increase in shipment volume indicates that the coefficient of price flexibility varies with time. The largest decline is in late December and early January. The dummy variable indicating the year in which the quality drops somewhat is statistically significant from March to May, and the average of them is -0.337%. This implies a greater importance for quality control and shipment control when quality is worse than good quality. The price flexibility, which indicates price changes due to 1% increase in monthly shipment volume of Hallabong Tangor, varies with time. The coefficient of price flexibility was the highest at -0.46 in December, but prices fell slightly due to quality improvement and the increase in special demand of New Year's demand, which was -0.33% in January, -0.261% in February, -0.307% in March, and -0.318% in April. Since then, the amount of storage has been gradually exhausted, and the price flexibility has fallen slightly to -0.243% in May and -0.236% in June. DUM02, which represents the year when more than 7 days after the New Year holidays are in February is from February to June (+). This indicates that the price decrease due to increase in volume is less than that in January when the New Year is in February. This indicates a greater necessity for shipment control when New Year holidays are in January.
Hallabong Tangor;Price Flexibility Function;Shipment Control;Shipment Structure;the Coefficient of Price Flexibility
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Ko Seong-Bo, An Economic Analysis of Price Flexibility Function Industry, Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and Policy, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 105-127, 2004.
- Ko Seong-Bo, An Analysis of Effect of Supply and Demand Stabilization Policy of Citrus Industry Under WTO, Cheju Development Institute, 1997.
- Ko Seong-Bo, A Study on the Analysis of Shipment Structure of Field Mandarin in Korea, Cheju Development Review, vol. 1, pp. 71-90, 1997.
- Ko Seong-Bo, Kim Bae-Sung, A Study on the Model Specification for Supply-Demand Forecast of Hallabong Tangor in Korea, Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 13, no. 11, pp. 5163-5168, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5163 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.11.5163
- Jeju Branch Office of National Agricultural Cooperative Federation, Citrus Distribution Treatment Analysis, each year