- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Analysis on the mediating effect of mobile addiction of Elementary School Students
초등학생의 스트레스와 사회적지지가 학교생활적응에 미치는 영향 -스마트폰 중독의 매개효과분석을 중심으로-
- Lee, Sin Suk (Chosun University School of Public Administration and Welfare) ;
- Rhee, Young Sun (Chosun University School of Public Administration and Welfare)
- Received : 2017.05.22
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effects of elementary school students' stress and social support on smartphone addiction and school adjustment. Our hypothesis is that stress and social support of elementary school students affects smartphone addiction and school adjustment. In addition, the study model assumes that stress and social support of elementary school students were mediated by the effects of smartphone addiction. Analysis results found that elementary school students' stress affects smartphone addiction and school life adaptation, and social support influences school life adaptation. Elementary students' smartphone addiction has little influence on school life adjustment. Stress in elementary school students has a strong influence on smartphone addiction, social support, and adaptation to school life. In other words, higher stress levels results in higher frequency of use of smartphones, which may directly affect smartphone addiction and the ability to adapt to school life. The effects of stress and social support of elementary school students on school life adaptation and smartphone addiction were ultimately indirect. Based on the research results, this study suggests policy implications for elementary school students' addiction to smartphone and ability to adapt to school life.
adaptation of school life;mobile phone poisoning;social support;schoolchild;stress
- K. S. Lee, J. H. Lee, "Elementary students' mobile phone use level and self-efficacy Study on relationship with self-control", Korean Living Science Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 241-278, 2008.
- G. S. Kim, E. M. Kim, "The influence of the emotional problems of adolescents on school life adaptation : Focused on mediation effect of smartphone dependence", Calibration Welfare Research, vol. 8, pp. 33-57, 2015.
- C. H. Kim, "Influence of Youth's Mobile Phone Dependence on School Life Adaptation", East-west press, vol. 17, pp. 59-96, 2015.
- H. S. Kim, "Dependence of youth on psychological characteristics", Fisheries Marine Education Research, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 87-101, 2013.
- Y. S. Hwang, "Elementary and junior high school students' academic performance, academic self concept and stress", Hanyang University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 1997.
- K. S. Young, R. Rogers, "The Relationship between depression and internet addiction", CyberPsycology and Behavior, vol. 1, no. 10, pp. 25-28, 1997.
- H. C. Lee, "Development of Diagnostic Scale for Internet Game Addiction and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy." Korea University Graduate School of Psychology Doctoral Thesis, 2001.
- S. O. Kim, "Self-efficacy of middle-aged men, Social support, A Study on Health Promotion Lifestyle", Journal of Dongnam Health College, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 177-186, 2000.
- J. S. House, "Work Stress and Social Support. MA: Addison-wesley", 1981.
- L. G. Katz, D. E. MaClellan, "Fostering children's social competence: The teacher's role", NAEYC Research into Practice Series, 1997.
- K. U. Kim, "The correlation among stress, coping behaviors and perceived social support in school age children", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 10, pp. 373-381, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.373 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.10.373
- M. Griffiths, "Internet addiction", Psychologist, vol. 12, no. 5, pp. 245-250, 1999.
- H. S. Bun, S. Y. Gwon, "The effect of loneliness and smartphone addiction on elementary school students' adaptation to school life: Mediating effects of smartphone addiction", Children's Studies, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 303-317, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-012-9697-7
- J. Y. Jung, J. H. Ha, "The effect of daily stress and emotional expression on smartphone addiction among elementary school students", Family counseling, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 61-77, 2013.
- N. S. Park?H. Y, Oh, "Impact of Adolescent Life Stress and Smartphone Use on Academic Impairment : Focusing on the Effect of Parent Involvement on Adolescents Smartphone Use", Journal of the korea contents association, vol. 16, no. 9, pp. 590-599, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.09.590
- D. H. Kim, Y. J. Park, J. W. Jang, "The study on effect of adolescent's smart-phone addiction related to academic stress", Journal of School Social Work, vol. 37, pp. 67-89, 2017.
- S. R. Kwak, "Adolescents' school adaptability analysis", Research in Sociology of Education, vol. 16, no. 1, 1-26, 2005.
- H. J. Lim, "A Relation between Academic Adjustment and Stress Coping Types among Elementary School Students: A Person-centered Approach", The Journal of Korea Elementary Education, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 21-32, 2017. https://doi.org/10.20972/kjee.28.1.201703.21
- Y. K. Song, Y. H. Kim, D. S. Hwang, "Effects from the Interaction of Ego-Resilience, Social Supports in the School Adjustment of Elementary School Children", Korean Journal of Human Ecology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1-19, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2011.20.1.001 https://doi.org/10.5934/KJHE.2011.20.1.001
- M. B. Spencer, "Social and cultural influence on school adjustment: the application of an identity-focused cultural ecological perspective", Educational Psychologist, vol. 34, pp. 43-57, 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep3401_4 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep3401_4
- K. M. Lim, "Relationship between mobile phone addiction, self-efficacy and self-control in junior high school students." Master's Thesis, Graduate School of Education, Chungnam National University. 2005.
- E. O. Kim, "Relationship between the degree of use of mobile phone in middle and high school and adaptation to school life", Jeonju University Graduate School of Education Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Y. S. Sung, "Youth dependence on mobile phones, A Study on Usage Motivation and Results", Children's Journal, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 181-197, 2008.
- S. K. Jang, S. W. Song, N. A. Cho, "Positive parenting attitude affects middle school students' dependence on mobile phone: The mediating effect of self-esteem and peer attachment", Youth Studies, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 161-187, 2012.
- B. N. Bae, "structure equation modeling and principles of real by 19 amos", Seoul Printing : heat haze, 2011.