- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Improvement Plan of Seismic Retrofitting Support System for Establishing Earthquake Disaster Prevention Policy
지진 방재정책 수립을 위한 건축물 내진보강 지원제도 개선방안
- Hur, Jin-Ho (Department of Railway System Engineering, University of Science & Technology) ;
- Kim, Hee-Kyu (Structural Technology Institute, MORE Engineering & Architecture) ;
- Shin, Min-Jung (Structural Technology Institute, MORE Engineering & Architecture)
- Received : 2017.05.22
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
In recent decades, unpredictable earthquakes around the world have caused massive damage. The incidence of earthquakes in Korea that are larger than M5.0 has increased the social demand for earthquake policies. As the seismic performance of buildings has been proven to be the most effective damage mitigation responsibility from past earthquake damage cases, the US and Japan are implementing a seismic retrofitting support system. In Korea, this is being implemented through tax benefits, but it is being neglected by the owners of private buildings. As a solution to this problem, this paper reviews, compares, and analyzes the domestic and overseas seismic retrofitting support systems, and suggests ways to improve the policy and support system for revitalizing the seismic retrofitting of private buildings based on the results.
Earthquake-proof;Seismic retrofitting;Seismic performance;Seismic retrofitting support system;Seismic retrofit incentive program
Grant : 국내 비내진 건축물의 내진보강기법 조사 및 소요비용 분석 연구
Supported by : 국립재난안전연구원
- K. J. Robards, "Earthquake Mitigation Decision Making in Local Government: An Application of System Dynamics Modeling", Ph. D. dissertation, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, 2001.
- T. E. Zorn, S. Wilkinson, R. Potangaroa, J. Ingham, "Challenges to successful seismic retrofit implementation: a socio-behavioural perspective", Building Research & Information, vol. 39 no. 3, pp. 286-300, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/09613218.2011.552264 https://doi.org/10.1080/09613218.2011.552264
- T. E. Zorn, S. Wilkinson, J. Ingham, "Economic impediments to successful seismic retrofitting decisions", Structural Survey, vol. 32 no. 5, pp. 449-466, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/SS-01-2014-0002 https://doi.org/10.1108/SS-01-2014-0002
- F. J. Ying, S. Wilkinson, J. Corner, "Challenges to Seismic Rehabilitation Decision Process in New Zealand: A Focus of Decision Environment", International Journal of Strategic Property Management, vol. 20 no. 3, pp. 305-315, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3846/1648715X.2016.1190419 https://doi.org/10.3846/1648715X.2016.1190419
- K. SATO, Statistical Analysis for Anti-seismic Reinforcement of Japanese Housing, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, 2011.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 20160630_ Seismic Design Status by Structure/Application/Floor Number, Korea, 2016.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, 2015 Building Status, 2016.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2011). Existing Facilities(Buildings) Seismic Performance Evaluation and Improvement Know-how
- FEMA, FEMA-254: Seismic Retrofit Incentive Programs -A Handbook for Local Governments-, 1994.
- Portland Bureau of Emergency Management, Unreinforced Masonry(URM) Seismic Retrofit Project: Seismic Retrofit Support Committee Report 2015, 2015.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, Current Status and Issues Concerning Earthquake Resistance of Houses and Buildings, 1st Earthquake Disaster Prevention Promotion Meeting of Houses and Buildings, 2005.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, Current Status and Issues of Earthquake Resistance of Houses and Buildings, 2nd Building Standard committee, 2012.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan, Policy Review of 2011: Promoting Earthquake Resistance of Houses And Buildings, 2012.