- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on shipment time of low-temperature stored apple
저온저장 사과의 출하시기에 대한 실태조사 연구
- Yu, Chang-Hwan (Agriculture Exports Division, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Yun-Ho (Extension Planning Division, Rural Development Administration)
- Received : 2017.04.21
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study is to assist farmers in determining the optimal time for the shipment of stored apples by investigating the market trends, storage status and release dates of low-temperature stored apples. We surveyed 300 apple cultivation farms in Daegu, Gyeongbuk Province, which is the main producer of apples, and examined the cultivars, cultivation areas, storage conditions, and shipment status of apples. The main results are as follows: the proportion of apples cultivatedat different ripening times was surveyed. According to the results, the proportions of early, middle and late varieties were 78.3%, 63.7% and 96.0%, respectively. Also, 48.7% of the farm households surveyed had cold storage facilities. The average storage cost per apple box(15kg) was 978.3 won for self-storage and 1,771.8 won for consignment storage. For the six(6) months between November and April, the proportion of shipped apples was 91.6% of the total stored apples. The (average total?)annual apple shipment, including apples stored in general storage warehouses, was 744.4 boxes. The (average total?) annual shipment of cold storage apples was 616 boxes. The stored apples were mainly shipped to 'wholesale markets', which have the highest sales share, followed by 'production site collectors' and then 'supermarkets'. The most common shipping method of the apples was by general trucks, followed by low-temperature trucks, and finally by delivery services. The analysis of the factors influencing the decision to release apples by period showed that it was affected by the storage cost, loss rate, and customary shipping in the off-season(from May to August). On the other hand, in the general release season(from November to April), the statistically significant decision factors for the release of apples were the future expected price, storage cost and decision of the leading farmer groups. For farmers with a high share of general shipment, the deciding factors for the release of apples were the future expected price, storage cost, high income expectation, and decision by leading farmers.
Low-temperature stored apple;Optimal time for shipment;Storage condition;Off-season;General release season
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- Rural Development Administration(RDA), "2011, 2012 A study on Distribution Characteristics of Agricultural Products Marketing Channels".
- Rural Development Administration(RDA), "2015, 2014 Income Instruction Manual of Agricultural and Livestock Products, Agricultural Management Research".
- G. H. Heo, E. M. Jung, "A Program Research on the Construction of Cold-Chain System for Agricultural and Livestock Products", KREI REPORT, pp. 79-88, 1997.
- G. S. Hwang, "A Study on the efficient operation of agricultural products processing center", Rural Development Administration REPORT, 2004.
- D. H. Kim, S. H. Chae, J. W. Heo, C. S. Park, "A study on the agricultural products for cold chain system", NEWMA, 2007.
- C. G. Jeon, B. O. Choi, D. H. Kim, "An Evaluation of Agricultural Distribution System and Efficiency Improvement", KREI REPORT, pp. 88-106, 2009.
- T. H. Kim, S. T. Seo, S. G. Woo, "Profitability Analysis of Cold Storage Facilities in Apples", Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and policy, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 595-609, 2009.
- T. H. Kim, "Development of Optimal Sales Decision-making Programming for Post-harvest Apples : Focusing on EV Model with Simulation", Chungbuk National University Graduate School, 2010.
- S. T. Seo, T. H. Kim, "Stochastic Dominance of Expected Income by Sales Timing for Stored Apples in Korea", Korean Journal of Agricultural Economics, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 85-101, 2009.
- S. T. Seo, T. H. Kim, "Operating Statuses of Cold Storage Facilities and Factors of Storage and Sales Decision-Making in Stored Apples", Korean Journal of Agricultural Management and policy, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 179-197, 2009.
- Statistics Korea(www.kosis.kr)
- Korea Rural Economic Institute(KREI), "2008-2014, Agricultural Monthly Report".
- Nonghyup joint market internet integrated transaction system(newgo.nonghyup.com)