- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Child's Mother and Nurse Partnership on the Anxiety and Perceived Quality of Nursing Care of Hospitalized Child's Mother
일 종합병원 아동병동의 환아 어머니와 간호사의 파트너십이 환아 어머니의 불안과 간호의 질 인식에 미치는 영향
- Bae, Seon Yeong (Department of Nursing, Changwon Fatima Hospital) ;
- Lee, Insook (Department of Nursing, Changwon National University)
- Received : 2017.05.30
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study was conducted to investigate child's mother and nurse partnership, anxiety, and quality of pediatric nursing care, and to identify factors influencing anxiety and quality of pediatric nursing care of the hospitalized child's mother. A descriptive survey was conducted from September 21 to October 4, 2015. Data were collected using a self-reporting questionnaire of 140 the mothers of a hospitalized child in a general hospital. Completed data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, and multiple regression analysis by IBM SPSS 18.0. The results showed that the frequency of hospitalization, genito-urinary disease, other diseases, and child's mother and nurse partnership significantly influenced anxiety. Additionally, the frequency of hospitalization, genito-urinary disease, other diseases, and child's mother and nurse partnership significantly influenced the quality of pediatric nursing care. Based on these results, child's mother and nurse partnership had a significant predictor of the anxiety and the quality of pediatric nursing care. These finding showed that there was a need to develop educational and supportive strategies to enhance and improve the partnership between hospitalized child's mother and nurse to ensure qualified pediatric nursing care.
Partnership;Anxiety;Quality of Pediatric Nursing Care;Hospitalized Children;Mother
- G. O. Kim, K. H. Kim, "A study on IV puncture pain by preschoolers and anxiety of their mothers", The Chung-Ang Journal of Nursing, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 59-71, 2004.
- M. Kim, "Stress of caregivers in a systematic study on the effects of nursing information", Unpublished master's thesis, Soon Chun Hyang University, Seoul, 2011.
- J. E. Rennick, "The changing profile of acute childhood illness: A need for the development of family nursing knowledge", Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 258-266, 1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1995.22020258.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2648.1995.22020258.x
- P. Lee, "What does partnership in care mean for children's nurses?", Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 518-526, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01591.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2006.01591.x
- I. Y. Cho, H. J. Lee, "The relationship of stress, coping and partnership between nurses and parents of children hospitalized in the pediatric intensive care unit", Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 195-207, 2013.
- American Nurses Association and Society of Pediatric Nurses. Scope and standards of pediatric nursing practice, Washington, DC: American Nurses Association, 2003.
- M. Y. Choi, K. S. Bang, "Development and testing of a pediatric nurse parent partnership scale", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 194-202, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.194 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.194
- E. J. Cho, K. S. Bang, "Nursing professionalism, self-efficacy and nurse parent partnership in pediatric nurses", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 94-101, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.94 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2013.19.2.94
- A. McQueen, "Nurse-patient relationships and partnership in hospital care", Journal of Clinical Nursing, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. 723-731, 2000. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2000.00424.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2702.2000.00424.x
- M. Y. Choi, K. S. Bang, "Quality of pediatric nursing care: Concept analysis", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 40, no. 6, pp. 757-764, 2010. DOI: http://doi.org/0.4040/jkan.2010.40.6.757 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.6.757
- M. Choi, J. Kim, "Associated factors in pediatric nurse parent partnership", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 176-184, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.3.176 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.3.176
- E. Hong, Y. J. Yang, "Factors affecting job stress of pediatric nurses: Focusing on self-efficacy, emotional labor, pediatric nurse-parent partnership", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 236-243, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2015.21.3.236 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2015.21.3.236
- M. Yu, "Stress coping styles and nurse-parents partnership", Journal of Stress Research, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 47-56, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2016.24.1.47 https://doi.org/10.17547/kjsr.2016.24.1.47
- J. Oh, Y. Y. Kim, H. K. Kim, H. J. Park, H. Cho, "An Integrative review of the 'Quality of care through patient's eyes", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 283-293, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.283 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.283
- H. Cho, J. Oh, D. Jung, "Development of an instrument to measure the quality of care through patients' eyes for hospitalized child", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 131-140. 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2015.21.2.131 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2015.21.2.131
- L. Shields, "A review of the literature from developed and developing countries relating to the effects of hospitalization on children and parents", International Nursing Review, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 29-37, 2001. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1046/j.1466-7657.2001.00032.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1466-7657.2001.00032.x
- B. J. Jeon, "Effect of parenting stress on the quality of life in parents of children with developmental disabilities : Focused on the moderating effects of information application", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 63-72, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.63 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.9.63
- H. J. Kang, S. Kwon, S. C. Youn, "The convergent influence of perceived stress and the empowerment on rehabilitation motive of stroke patients", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 291-303, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.291 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.291
- K. H. Yoo, "A study on the anxiety and mastery among mothers of hospitalized young children", The journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 408-414, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.408 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2016.22.3.408
- J. Oh, Y. Moon, "A study anxiety of mothers who have hospitalized ill children focusing on the comparison of korean mothers with multicultural family mothers", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 311-319. 2012.
- J. J. Bae, Y. E. Lee, "Effect of a nursing education program for mothers of hospitalized children on state anxiety and belief on parental role of mothers", Journal of the Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 71-82, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011392830732
- B. Min, "An improvement of personalized computer aided diagnosis probability for smart healthcare service system", Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 79-84, 2016.
- Y. Y. Sok, S. H. Kim, "Development of integrated infant care management App prototype system in mobile environments", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 31-36, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.031
- M. L. Hook, "Partnership with patients: A concept ready for action". Journal of Advanced Nursing, 56, pp. 133-143, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2006.03993.x
- B. L. Marino, E. K. Marino, "Parents' report of children's hospital care: What it means for your practice", Pediatric Nursing, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 195-198, 2000.
- M. H. Lee, C. H. Kim, "Effect of leadership walkrounds convergence to establish a patient safety culture", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 185-195, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.185 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.185
- S. Y. Moon, S. J. Kim, "The degree of satisfaction with nursing care of pediatric patients visiting emergency center", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 5-17, 2000.
- J. Y. Seo, "Nursing need and satisfaction of families with their hospitalized children", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 195-203, 2002.
- Y. S. Jeong, J. S. Kim, "Parent satisfaction with inpatient hospital services in children's hospitals", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 273-281, 2005.
- A. Vasudevan, A. Arachchi, D. R. van Langenberg, "Assessing patient satisfaction in inflammatory bowel disease using the QUOTE-IBD survey: A small step for clinicians, a potentially large step for improving quality of care", Journal of Crohn's and Colitis, vol. 7, no. 9, e.367-374, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.crohns.2013.02.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.crohns.2013.02.012