- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study of Enhancing Reliability for Determining the Resistance to Surface Wetting by Imaging Process
이미징 기반의 발수도 판별을 통한 측정 신뢰도 향상에 관한 연구
- Kim, Sung-wuk (Forces Support Systems Center, Quality Management Bureau, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality (DTaQ)) ;
- Chun, Sang Hee (Forces Support Systems Center, Quality Management Bureau, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality (DTaQ)) ;
- Park, Jae Woo (Forces Support Systems Center, Quality Management Bureau, Defense Agency for Technology and Quality (DTaQ))
- Received : 2017.03.09
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study was to propose useful suggestions for enhancing reliability to determine the resistance against surface wetting, KS K 0590, by an imaging process. We validated the standard spray test rating chart for determining quantification standard using JAVA script-based imaging process program. All of the acquired images were processed with the image software, Image J (NIH, Nethesda, MD, USA). The study results are as follows. We established the surface area measurement-based quantitative criteria for determining resistance to surface wetting. The standard spray test rating chart was converted into a numerical standard which leads easy-to-determine ratings. We also validated the procedure for imaging treatment by analyzing quantitative data. We introduced the fluorescence image for determining ratings by enabling threshold settings and binary image conversion as an optimal imaging process. It is expected that imaging-based determination for resistant to surface wetting will serve as an accurate and reliable method for KS K 0590.
Imaging Process;KS K 0590;Quantification;Resistance to Surface Wetting;Spray Test
- M. S. Kwon J. kwon, A study on the Dynamic Performance of Waterproof and Breathable Materials, Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 58, 4, pp. 26-34, 2008.
- H. S. Shim, The Evaluation of Water Vapor Transport and Waterproofness Properties of the Waterproof and Breathable Fabrics, The Korean Society of Community Living Science, 27, 2, pp. 295-304, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2016.27.2.295 https://doi.org/10.7856/kjcls.2016.27.2.295
- S. H. Moon, Fiber Technology and Industry, pp. 120-126, 2014.
- Korea Agency for Technology and Standards, KS K 0590:2008 Test methods for resistance to surface wetting : spray method, 2008.
- J. Pascau, J. M. M. Perez, Image Processing with Image J, Packt Publication, 2003.
- International Standard Organization, ISO 4920:2012 Textile fabrics - Determination of resistance to surface wetting (spray test), 2012.
- American Association of Textile Chemist and Colorist, AATCC TM22-2014 Water repellency : spray test, 2014.
- Japanese Standard Association, JIS L 1092:2009 Testing methods for water resistance of textiles, 2009.