- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effect of Customers' Experimental Recognition of the Omni-Channel Brand on the Relationship Quality
옴니채널 브랜드에 대한 경험적 인식이 관계품질에 미치는 영향
- Ock, Jung-Won (Dept. of Distribution Management, Catholic of University in Pusan) ;
- Yun, Dae-Hong (The Research Institute of Knowledge Service and Consulting, Dong-A University) ;
- Choi, Tae-Ho (Dept. of Distribution Management, Catholic of University in Pusan)
- Received : 2017.04.21
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study reviews the literature related to the omni-channel and derived structural relationship between experiential perception of omni-channel brand and consumer-brand relational quality. A total of 250 questionnaires were distributed to university students, workers, and consumers in Busan, Korea, who had experience using SSG.com. 210 questionnaires were used for final validation of research model. The hypotheses set in this study was validated through SPSS18.0 and LISREL8.3 based on the research model. The results showed that all hypotheses were accepted, except for 2 hypotheses(Hypothesis 2-3, Hypothesis 2-4). Findings of this study suggest the following:First, the consumer's experience with the omni-channel brand was found to be an important factor influencing consumers' cognitive and emotional responses formed by the transfer effect of experiential factors through senses. Second, the relationship between consumers and the omni-channel brand was found to be an important factor in building attachment and psychological bond through experience and trust for the omni-channel brand. Thus, the results of this study provide the basis for overall understanding of the strategic experiential module (SEMs) for the omni-channel, which recently emerged as a new trend of distribution channel, as well as for managing the spatial environment. Finally, we present the theoretical and practical implications related to consumers' experience and relational perception.
Brand Experience;Consumer-Brand Relationship;Omni-Channel;Trust;Identification
- Schroder, H., & Zaharia, S., Linking multi-channel customer behavior with shopping motives: An empirical investigation of a German retailer. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 452-468, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2008.01.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretconser.2008.01.001
- Story, J. and Hess, J., Segmenting customer-brand relations: beyond the personal relationship metaphor, Journal of Consumer Marketing, vol. 23, no. 7, pp. 406-413, 2006. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760610712948 https://doi.org/10.1108/07363760610712948
- Frazer, M., and Stiehler, B. E., Omnichannel retailing: The merging of the online and offline environment. In Proceedings of the Global Conference on Business and Finance, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 655-657, 2014.
- D. S. Yim, S. S. Han, Omnichannel's Perception Effect on Omnichannel Use and Customer-Brand Relationship, Journal of Distribution Science, vol. 14, no. 7, 2016.
- Fournier, Consumers and Their Brand: Developing Relationships and Theory in Consumer Research, Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 343-373, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.03.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.03.001
- K. H. Kim, J. W. Park, J. K. Kim., Consumer-brand relationship quality: When and how it helps brand extensions. Journal of Business Research, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 591-597, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.03.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2013.03.001
- Verhoef, P. C., Kannan, pp. K., and Inman, J. J., From multi-channel retailing to omni-channel retailing: introduction to the special issue on multi-channel retailing, Journal of retailing, vol. 91, no. 2, pp. 174-181, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2015.02.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jretai.2015.02.005
- C. K. Jang, Y. S. Chi, M. Y. Kang, and K. S. Han, The Effects of Consumer's Perceived Value and Satisfaction of Omni-Channel Commerce on Shopping Channel Switching Intention, Korea Internet Electronic Commerce Association, vol. 16, no. 4, 2016.
- C. H. Hyeon, Experience Value Marketing, Hyundai Research Institute, 2001.
- Y. W. Kang, A study on Structural Relationships among Leisure Constraint Factors of Festival Participant, Quality of Festival Participation through Negotiation Efforts and Festival Evaluations: Focusing on Busan․ Gyeongnam Local Festivals, Pusan National University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2013.
- H. J. Won, Experiential Marketing application case study for brand strategy strengthening, Inha University, Master's thesis, 2007.
- C. J. Yoo, J. O. Jeon, S. E. Hyun, Structural Analysis to Store Characteristics, In - Store Emotions and Shopping Behavior, Korea Marketing Review, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 1-27, 1997.
- S. H. Oh, A Study on the Impacts of the Relationship among Sensory, Emotional and Cognitive Experience on Experiential Value and Brand Attitude, Ewha Womans University, Master's thesis, 2005.
- M. S. Suh, S. H. Kim, The Interaction Effect of Customers' Emotion Experiences during Internet Service Site Visitation According to Customers' Sensation Seeking Tendency, Journal of Korean Marketing Association, vol. 18, no. 1, 2003.
- Oliver, R. L., A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 460-469, 1980. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499 https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- Westbrook, R. A., Product/consumption-based affective responses and post purchase processes. Journal of Marketing Research, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 258-270, 1987. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3151636 https://doi.org/10.2307/3151636
- Holbrook, M. B., Hirschman, E. C., The experiential aspects of consumption: Consumer fantasies, feelings, and fun. Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 132-140, 1982. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/208906 https://doi.org/10.1086/208906
- Schlosser, A. E., Experiencing products in the virtual world: the role of goal and imagery in influencing attitudes versus purchase intentions. Journal of Consumer Research, vol. 30 no. 2, pp. 184-198, 2003. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/376807 https://doi.org/10.1086/376807
- K. Y. Lee, S. H. Kim, Measuring Online Users' Experience of Blog and It's Effects on Web Equity of Internet Portal, The Korean Journal of Advertising, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 57-79, 2011.
- S. S. Kim, study on the effects of service quality, service value, emotional response and reputation on customer satisfaction and repurchase intention in accordance with service relationship in healthcare services, Hanyang University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2010.
- Berry, L. L., Gresham, L. G., Relationship retailing: transforming customers into clients, Business Horizons, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 43-47, 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(86)90036-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0007-6813(86)90036-4
- B. S. Yu, A study on the Influence of Relationship orientation of a Party to a Trade Transaction on the Relationship Quality and Relationship Performance -Moderating Effact of Personality-, Mokwon University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2016.
- Bettencourt, L. A., Customer voluntary performance: customers as partners in service delivery. Journal of Retailing, vol. 73, no. 3, pp. 383-406, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90024-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(97)90024-5
- Doney, P. M., Cannon, J. P., An examination of the nature of trust in buyer-seller relationships, The Journal of Marketing, Vol 61, no. 2, pp. 35-51, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251829
- Mukherjee, A., Nath, P. , Role of electronic trust in online retailing: A re-examination of the commitment-trust theory, European Journal of Marketing, vol. 41, pp. 1173-1202, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773390 https://doi.org/10.1108/03090560710773390
- Y. M. Lee, The Effects of Brand Affect and Brand Trust on Customer Satisfaction and Brand Loyalty by Brand Commitment, Chonbuk National University, Master's thesis, 2012.
- Chaudhuri, A., Holbrook, M. B., Product-class effects on brand commitment and brand outcomes: The role of brand trust and brand affect. Journal of Brand Management, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 33-58, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.bm.2540100 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.bm.2540100
- Bhattacharya, R., Devinney, T. M., Pillutla, M. M., A formal model of trust based on outcomes, Academy of Management Review, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 459-472, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/259289 https://doi.org/10.2307/259289
- Ashforth, B. E., Mael, F., Social identity theory and the organization. Academy of Management Review, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 20-39, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/258189 https://doi.org/10.2307/258189
- Dimitriadis, S., Papista, E., Linking consumer-brand identification to relationship quality: An integrated framework, Journal of Customer Behaviour, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 271-289, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1362/147539211X602513 https://doi.org/10.1362/147539211X602513
- Aaker, D. A., Biel, A. L., Brand equity and advertising: an overview, Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1993.
- S. H. Um, J. Y. Yun, J. W. Kim, Identifying the Relationships among Visitors' U-tourism Service Experiences on Site, Satisfaction, and Attitude Change of the Smart Phone Application, U-SEUM, at the Suwon Hwaseong Museum, vol. 36, no. 9, pp. 295-313, 2012.
- S. J. Lee, The Integrative Study on the Development Process of Consumer-Brand Relationships, Kemyung, University, Doctoral Dissertations, 2010.
- Kline, R. B, Principles and Practices of Structural Eguation Modeling, New Yotk: Guilford, 1998.
- Schmitt, H. B., Experiential Marketing : How To Get Customers to Sense, Feel, Think, Act and Relte to your Company and Brands, New York : The Free Press, 1999.