- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effect of Role Rotation Experience on Learning Flow, Self Leadership and Debriefing Satisfaction of Nursing Students in Simulation Learning
시뮬레이션학습에서 역할교대 경험이 간호대학생의 학습몰입, 셀프리더십 및 디브리핑 만족도에 미치는 효과
- Seo, Ji-Yeong (Department of Nursing, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Choi, Eun-Hee (School of Nursing, Yeungnam University College) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Eun (Department of Nursing, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2017.05.19
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study examined the effects of role rotation experience on learning flow, self leadership and debriefing satisfaction in nursing students. A non-equivalence control group quasi-experimental study was used and included as participants 203 junior nursing students at Y University. The experimental group (n=103) participated in the teaching class using a role rotation experience, while the control group (n=100) received conventional practice education. The outcome measurements were learning flow, self leadership, and debriefing satisfaction. The collected data were analyzed using a chi-test, and at-test using the SPSS WIN 21.0 program. The total score of learning flow and self leadership were similar in the two groups. On the other hand, in the case of the debriefing satisfaction (t=-2.70, p=.008), the experimental group (
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Park, "Factors Influencing on Learning Flow of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 1557-1565, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.3.1557
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. Available From http://kabone.or.kr/kabon02/index03.php (accessed May, 01, 2017)
- I. B. Suk, E. C. Kang, "Development and Validation of the Learning Flow Scale", Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 121-154, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.23.1.121 https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.23.1.121
- S. J. Lee, "The Effect of Flow on Learning and Self-efficacy on College Adaptation and Academic Achievement in Undergraduate Students", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 235-253, 2011.
- S. H. Kang, "Structural Relationship among the Self Efficacy on College Adaptation and Academic Achievement in Undergraduate Students", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, vol. 24, no. 6, pp. 935-949, 2012.
- C. C. Manz, H. P. Sims, "Super-leadership: Beyond the Myth of Heroic Leadership, Organizational Dynamics", Oxford : Pergamon Press, 1991.
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon, "Relationship of Self-leadership, stress and satisfaction in clinical practice of nursing students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 216-225, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.2.216
- Y. S. Kang, Y. J. Choi, D. L. Park, I. J. Kim, "A Study on Nurses' Self-leadership, Self-esteem and Organizational Effectiveness", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 143-151, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.143 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.2.143
- M. O. Lee, M. Y. Lee, S. Y. Kim, "A Study on Nursing Students' Self-leadership and Their Perception of Learning", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 417-425, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.417 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.3.417
- Y. S. Lee, S. H. Park, J. K. Kim, "Nursing Students' Self-leadership, Self-efficacy, International Relation, College Life Satisfaction", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 229-240, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.229 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.229
- S. B. Choi, M. S. Lim, "An Empirical Analysis on the Satisfaction and Outcome of Learning: Focused on Self-leadership and the Cognitive and Affective Faculty Trust of Undergraduate Student", Academy of Customer Satisfaction Management, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 65-84, 2012.
- K. C. Lim, "Direction of Simulation-based Learning in Nursing Practice Education: A Systemic Review", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 17, pp. 246-256, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.246 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2011.17.2.246
- S. H. Kim, H. A. Nam, M. O. Kim, "Critical Thinking Disposition, Problem Solving Process and Simulation-based Assessment of Clinical Competence of Nursing Students in Pediatric Nursing", Child Health Nursing Research, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 294-303, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.294 https://doi.org/10.4094/chnr.2014.20.4.294
- A. J. Bland, A. Topping, B. A. Wood, "Concept Analysis of Simulation as a Learning Strategy in the Education of Undergraduate Nursing Students", Nurse Education Today, 31, pp. 664-670, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2010.10.013 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2010.10.013
- H. W. Kim, E. Y. Suh, "Nursing Students' Immersion Experience in a Comprehensive Simulation Scenario Using High-fidelity Human Patient Simulator among Nursing Students: A phenomenological Study", Journal of Military Nursing Research, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 89-99, 2012.
- M. Stoker, M, Burmester, M. Allen, "Optimization of Simulated Team Training Through the Application of Learning Theories: a Debate for a Conceptual Framework", BMC Medical Education. Available From http://bmcmededuc.biomedcentral.com/articles/ (accessed May, 01, 2017) DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-69 https://doi.org/10.1186/1472-6920-14-69
- H. J. Klein, M. J. Wesson, J. R. Hollenbeck, P. M. Wright, R. D. Deshon, "The Assessment of Goal Commitment: A Measurement Model Meta-Analysis", Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 32-55, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.2000.2931 https://doi.org/10.1006/obhd.2000.2931
- J. D. Houghton, C. P. Neck, "The Revised Self-leadership Questionnaire : Testing a Hierarchical Factor Structure for Self-leadership", Journal of Managerial Psychology, vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 672-691, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484 https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940210450484
- Y. K. Shin, M. S. Kim, Y. S. Han, "A Study on the Validation of the Korean Version of the Revised Self-leadership Questionnaire(RSLQ) for Korean College Students", The Korean Journal of School Psychology, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 313-340, 2009.
- J. D. Shelly, Debriefing Experience Scale: Development of a Tool to Evaluate the Student Learning Experience in Debriefing" Clinical Simulation Nursing, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 211-217, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2011.11.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2011.11.002
- J. H. Lee, "Analysis of the Structural Relationships among Self-determination Motivation to Learning, Metacognition, Self-directed Learning Ability, Learning Flow, and Achievement", Korean Journal of Educational Research, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 67-92, 2010.
- Y. H. Kim, K. S. Jang, "Effect of a Simulation-based Education on Cardio-pulmonary Emergency Care Knowledge, Clinical Performance Ability and Problem Solving Process in New Nurses", Journal of Korean Academic Nursing, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 245-255, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.245 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.2.245
- Y. J. Oh, H. Y. Kang, "Metacognition Learning Flow and Problem Solving Ability in Nursing Simulation Learning", Journal of Korean Academy Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 239-247, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.3.239 https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.3.239
- R. M. Fanning, D. M. Gaba, "The Role of Debriefing in Simulation based Learning", The Journal of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 115-125, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e3180315539 https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e3180315539
- J. H. Lee, S. S. Kim, K. S. Yeo, S. J. Cho, H. L. Kim, "Experiences among Undergraduate Nursing Students on High-fidelity Simulation Education: A focus Group Study", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 183-193, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.183 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.183
- E. N. Ryoo, Y. S. Park, E. H. Ha, "Outcomes and Satisfaction of Simulation-based Learning in Nursing of Patient with UGI Bleeding", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 1274-1282, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1274 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1274