- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Study on the Gas Tight Shut-off Valve of NBC Shelter using Positive Pressure Measurement and Chemical Detection Module
양압측정 및 화학탐지 모듈을 적용한 화생방 방호시설의 가스차단밸브에 관한 연구
- Park, Hyoung-Keun (Deptment of Electronic Engineering, Namseoul University)
- 박형근 (남서울대학교 전자공학과)
- Received : 2017.06.26
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
One of the most frightening aspects of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) is their ability to cause death in very small quantities without being visible to the public. The military authorities are making considerable effort to ensure the survivability of the combatants in the event of NBC(Nuclear, Biological and Chemical) contamination. Therefore, in this study, modules were developed for the measurement of the positive pressure and for the detection of the chemicals used for the control of the various shut-off valves used in an NBC shelter. In addition, a high performance gas tight shut-off valve was developed that can overcome the disadvantages associated with manual manufacturing, such as the occurrence of defective products and high manufacturing cost. By applying the positive pressure measurement and chemical detection modules, this valve was able to be used to control the facility. The developed gas-tight shut-off valve maintained airtight characteristics at a pressure loss of 28[Pa] at the prescribed wind velocity and an internal pressure of 30[kPa]. It is expected to be possible to control the gas-tight shut-off valve through the remote measurement of the positive pressure, thereby ensuring the foreign independence of import substitution and defense related technology in the future. In addition, by installing these valves in all of the intake ports or exhaust ports connected to the outside of the NBC shelter, it is possible to prevent the damage resulting from the rapid inflow of the storm pressure caused by conventional weapons and nuclear explosions, thereby protecting the people and equipment in the shelter.
Gas Tight Shut-off Valve;NBC Shelter;Positive Pressure Measurement;Chemical Detection;airtight characteristics
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- Jeong-Kook Lee, Hyoung-Keun Park, "Design of Blast Protection Valve for Chemical, Biological and Radiological Protective Facility", Proc. of The 2016 Autumn Conference of the Kora Academic-industry Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 1, p. 419, May 2015.
- J. S. Lim, B. S. Kim, Study on the standard and application plan of NBC shelter, National Emergency Management Agency Policy Study Report, pp. 203-280, 2009.
- Ministry of National Defense, Chemical, Biological and Radiological Protective Facility Design Guideline - Gas Tight Shut-off Valve, National Defense and Military facilities Standard, 2011.
- J. I. Park, Introduction Protection Engineering, CIR publishing company, 2011.
- S. B. Kim, Government Chemical, Biological and Radiological Protective Facility Design Guideline and Standard Model Development, Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs Study Report, 2011.
- Jeong-Kook Lee, Hyoung-Keun Park, "Study on the Gas Tight Shut-off Valve of NBC Shelter using Positive Pressure Measurement Module", Proc. of The 2016 Autumn Conference of the Kora Academic-industry Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 786-787, December, 2016.
- Jeong-Kook Lee, Hyoung-Keun Park, "Development of High Performance Gas Tight Shut-off Valve for NBC Shelter", Proc. of The 2016 Autumn Conference of the Kora Academic-industry Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 758-759, Dec. 2016.
- Seunghoon Jung, Jae-Choon An, Yeung-Kyu Hwang, Hyun-Ju Jung, Yongtae Shin, A Study for the Efficient Improvement Measures of Military EMP Protection Ability, Asia-pacific Journal of Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 219-227, Jan. 2017. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.01.60 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2017.01.60