- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Research on the Relationship between the Service Quality and Customer Loyalty of the Hair Beauty Industry for the Silver Generation : With a Focus on Relationship Quality
실버세대 헤어 미용업의 서비스품질과 고객충성도에 대한 관계성 연구: 관계품질을 중심으로
- You, Min-Jung (Dept. of Beauty Arts, Seokyeong University) ;
- Kim, Sung-Nam (Dept. of Beauty Arts, Seokyeong University)
- Received : 2017.05.17
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The silver generation in our aging society will rapidly emergeas a new consumer group and the service industry used by silver customers will develop going forward. The beauty service sector is one of the most needed ones for the qualitative improvement of life for the silver generation. In this research, ananalysis was conducted on 244 persons of the silver generation living in Seoul, in order to examine the factors affecting the quality of the beauty service for the silver generation and their relationships with customer loyalty. For the statistical treatment of the empirical analysis, the SPSS 23.0 and AMOS 23.0 statistical programs were used. The results of the analysis showed that the service quality perceived by the silver customers who used the beauty service had significant effects on trust and flow, which are the relationship qualities, and that trust and flow had positive effects on customer loyalty. Also, it was found that, in the relationship between service quality and customer loyalty, trust had mediating effects on reliability, responsiveness, empathy, and assurance, and that flow had mediating effects on reliability, responsiveness, empathy, assurance, and tangibility. The results of this research are significant in that they present the basic data enabling the beauty industry to play an important role for the silver generation, under the present circumstances in which the beauty service industry has minimal educational programs exclusively available for the silver generation.
beauty service;customer loyalty;relationship quality;service quality;silver generation
- Y. Park, S. J. Lee, A Study on the Use of Beauty Service for the Silver Generation, Korea Journal Beauty Design, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 9-19, 2011
- H. J. Lee, S. Y. Kim, A Study on the Color Marketing for Neo Silver Industry, Chung-Ang Journal of Human Ecology, vol. 19, pp. 71-84, 2004.
- E. Y. Han, Study on the Realities of Cosmetic Usage of Silver Generation. Master's Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University of Korea, 2004.
- M. H. Kim, Y. J. Yoo, H. J. Jeon, A Study on Make-up Interest and Cosmetic Usage of Silver Generation Women. Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 983-991, 2013.
- A. R. Cho, Comparative Study of Aesthetic Consciousness and Usage Pattern of Hair salons ; Female College Students in Korea, the United States, and France, Master's Thesis, Konyang University Nonsan Chungnam Korea., 2013.
- Hong, S. H.(2008). The Factors Affecting Women's Decision about a Hair-style by Facial Forms, Master's Thesis, Daegu Haany University of Korea.
- T. I. Kang, Study on Women's Psychological Variations Depending on Their Hair Styles. Master's Thesis, Sookmyung Women's University of Korea, 2009.
- M. K. Lee, Effect of Sociocultural Attitude toward Appearance on Body Image and Appearance Management Behavior of New Middle-Aged Women, Research Bulletin of Package Culture Design, vol. 42, pp. 167-180, 2015.
- J. J. Cronin Jr, S. A. Taylor, Measuring service quality: a reexamination and extension, The journal of marketing, pp. 55-68, 1992. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1252296 https://doi.org/10.2307/1252296
- Choi, S. D., The Study of Old age Customer Satisfaction in beauty service. Master's Thesis, KyungHee University of Korea, 2005.
- Y. G. Lee, J. R. Lee, D. K. Yoo, The Structural Relationships between Interactivity, Identification, Relationship Quality, and Loyalty of e-Brand in Internet Site. Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1-26, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2575.2005.00182.x
- F. R. Dwyer, P. H. Schurr, S. Oh, Developing buyer-seller relationships. The Journal of marketing, pp. 11-27, 1987. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251126 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251126
- L. A. Crosby, K. R. Evans, D. Cowles, Relationship quality in services selling: an interpersonal influence perspective, The journal of marketing, pp. 68-81, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251817 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251817
- E. Gummesson, The new marketing-developing long-term interactive relationships, Long range planning, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 10-20, 1987. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-6301(87)90151-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-6301(87)90151-8
- S. H. Ahn, K. H. Lee, The Study on the Developing of Long-Term Relationship Between Salesperson and Customer, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, vol. 24, no. 8, pp. 1230-1241, 2000.
- J. H. Lee, Study on the Cause Factors and the Performance Factors of Relationship Marketing in each Type of Retailing Firms, Doctoral Thesis, Kyungsung University of Korea, 2001.
- S. A. Hwang, S. J. Hwang, The Influences of Employees' Customer Orientation and Relationship Quality(satisfaction, trust, commitment) on Revisit Intention and Word of mouth Intention, Journal of the Korea Service Management Society, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 151-186, 2005.
- Y. J. Yi, A Theoretical Examination of Customer Satisfaction Research: Findings and Outlook, Journal of Korean Society of Consumer Studies, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 43-58, 2000.
- J. Y. Ahn, Y. H. Cho, Customer Segmentation by Dimensions of Customer Loyalty in Family Restaurants, Journal of Tourism Sciences Society of Korea, vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 91-113, 2006.
- H. Y. Kim, Study on the Effects of Eating-out Customers' Relational Benetfits on the Customer Loyalty, Master's Thesis, KyungHee University of Korea, 2009.
- A. S. Dick, K. Basu, Customer loyalty: toward an integrated conceptual framework, Journal of the academy of marketing science, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 99-113, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001 https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394222001
- B. Mittal, W. M. Lassar, Why do customers switch? The dynamics of satisfaction versus loyalty, Journal of services marketing, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 177-194, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049810219502 https://doi.org/10.1108/08876049810219502
- M. K. Jae, H. C. Kim, Determinants of Service Quality and Satisfaction of Beauty Shop Customers. Journal of Korean Consumption Culture Association, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 177-196, 2000.
- C. M. Kim, An Empirical Study on the Determinants of Service Loyalty: Focused on Hair Shops. Journal of Marketing Management Research, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 87-115, 2002.
- S. J. Park, A Study on the Effects of Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction and Shop Loyalty in the Beauty Industry. Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 353-368, 2010.
- M. J. Bitner, Evaluating service encounters: the effects of physical surroundings and employee responses. the Journal of Marketing, pp. 69-82, 1990.
- B. I. Hwang, The Effects of Perceived Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction, Brand toward Attitude and Customer Loyalty, Korean Business Review, vol. 17, 2004.
- J. S. Park, Study on the Influence of Service of Service Quality on Customer Loyalty of the Tourist Industry Event, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 102-115, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.2.102 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2017.18.2.102
- MC Shin, K. Park, K. H. Ka, Comparison of structure modeling with perceived service quality, reason of selection, satisfaction and loyalty of consumers by type of driving range, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 3490-3498, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3490 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3490