- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Influential Factors of Health-Related Quality of Life in Service Employees
서비스종사자의 건강관련 삶의 질의 영향요인
- Yoon, Yo-Sang (Radiological Science of Hanlyo University, Dept. of Public Health, Graduate School of Chosun Univrsity)
- 윤요상 (한려대학교 방사선학과, 조선대학교 대학원 보건학과)
- Received : 2017.04.28
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study examined the effects of the demographic and health characteristics and chronic diseases on the health-related quality of life in service employees. From January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2014, this study analyzed the data on 607 service employees based on the 2nd data of the 6th National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey with at-test, ANOVA, and hierarchical regression analysis use of SPSS. The results of the analysis showed that the quality of Life in women was lower (
Quality of life;Subjective health status;activity limitation;stress cognition;Age
- Hochschild, A. R, "The Managed Heart : Commercialization of Human Feeling, Berkeley ",CA : University of California Press. 1983.
- Survey of Economically Active Population by Work Type, National Statistical, August 2014.
- S. J. Jang. et al., "Korean Emotional Labor and Violence(research for 2013) Applied research of survey tool", Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute. 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940810850790 https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940810850790
- Humphrey RH, Pollack JM, Hawver T. Leading with emotional labor J Manag Psychol, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 151-68, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1108/02683940810850790
- M. J. Kim, "Effects of the Hotel Employee's Emotional Labor upon the Job - related Attitudes", Korean Academic society of business administration, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 129-41, 1998.
- S. P. Kim, "The effects of individuals' characteristics, interaction characteristics, and control mechanisms on emotional Labor strategies", Korean Academic society of business administration, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 355-84, 2007.
- M. G. Jeong, "A study on the effect of emotional labor and psychological well-being on employee's emotional dissonance", Korea Journal of Business Administration, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 171-93, 2012
- Spiker B, Revicki DA, "Taxonomy of quality of life. In: Spiker B, editor. Quality of Life and Pharmacoeconomics in Clinical Trials", 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott-Raven Publisher; pp. 25-31, 1996.
- "Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. 2013 Better Life Index [Internet] Paris", Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development. 2014 [cited 2014 November1]. Available from: http://www.oecd.org/statistics/2014.
- M. S. Chung, "Resilience, coping methods and quality of life in middle-aged women", Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing. vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 345-54. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.4.345 https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2011.20.4.345
- Y. S. Kim, M. Kim. "The Effects of Mental Health on the Health-related Quality of Life among the People with Disabilities Korean Public Health Research vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 31-43, 2016.
- H. M Kim, M. K. Shim, "The Effects of Mental Health on the Quality of Life After Stroke", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13 no. 2. 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.237 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.237
- Y. J. Na, Y. H. Choi, "Health-related Quality of Life and Its Related Factors in Urban Elderly Women", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 12 pp. 7224-7230, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.12.7224 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.12.7224
- M. S. Gim, J. Y. Han, C. W. Kim, "Difference in the Quality of Life and Related Factors according to the Employment Status", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 9 pp. 6080-6088, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6080 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.9.6080
- Y. h. Kim, "Factors Influencing the Health-Related Quality of Life by Age among Vulnerable Elderly Women, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society", vol. 14, no. 3 pp. 1342-1349, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1342 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.3.1342
- H. L. Jeong, K. H. Lim, "Effects of Emergency Department Nurses' Emotional Labor on Professional Quality of Life", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 11 pp. 491-506, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.491 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.491
- H. G. Jeon, J. M. Sim, K. C. Lee, An Empirical Analysis of Effects of Stress on Relation between Physical Activity and Health-Related Quality of Life: Results from KNHANES 2008 to 2013, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 8 pp. 5351-5363, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5351 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.8.5351
- B. E. Ashforth, R. H. Humphrey. "Emotional labor in services roles: The influence of identity, The Academy of Management Review, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 88-115, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/258824 https://doi.org/10.2307/258824
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The fifth Korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES V-2). http://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/knhanes/index.do, 2014.
- R. Rabin, & F. de Charro, EQ-5D: a measure of health status from the EuroQol Group. Annals Medicine, vol. 33, pp. 337-343, 2001. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3109/07853890109002087 https://doi.org/10.3109/07853890109002087
- M. S. Lee, "A study on urinary incontinence and sleep disorder, quality of life of elderly women", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University Seoul, 2006.
- S. H. Oh, & D. S. Yoon, "A comparative study on quality of life on the elderly among urban, farm and island area", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, vol. 32, 119-147, 2006.
- K. R. Shin, Y. S. Byeon, Y. H. Kang, & J. W. Oak, "A study on physical symptom, activity of daily living, and health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in the community dwelling older adults", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 33 no. 3, pp. 437-444, 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3.437 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2008.38.3.437
- K. B. Kim, & S. H. Sok, "Factors related to the quality of life of the elderly", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 331-340, 2008.
- J. I. Kim, "Levels of health-related quality of life (EQ-5D) and Its related factors among vulnerable elders receiving home visiting health care services in some rural areas", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, vol. 24, No, 1, pp. 99-109, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.99 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.99
- J. Y. Kim, S. G. Lee, & S. K. Lee, "The relationship between health behaviors, health status, activities of daily living and health-related quality of life in the elderly", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 471-484, 2010.
- E. S. Yim, & K. J. Lee, "Effect of physical ability, depression and social support on quality of life in low income elders living at home", J Korean Gerontol Nurs, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 38-49, 2003.
- M. S. Lee, "A study on urinary incontinence and sleep disorder, quality of life of elderly women", Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul. 2006.
- Martin tette, Evaluation and Management of Sleep Disorders 2nd ed. Seoul: Hana : pp. 49-72, 2001.
- J. T. Lim, M. K. Oh, H. K. Kim, J. H. Lee, B. S Lee, S. Y. Park, "The relationship between the sleep duration and Health-Related Quality of Life(HRQL) in Korea-Using data from the Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2012 ", Korean J Fam Pract, vol. 5(3, suppl. 2) pp. 283-290, 2015.
- Y. H. Jeong, "A report on the health related quality of life in Korea", Health and Welfare Policy Forum, vol. 182, pp. 6-14, 2011.
- S. Chan, S. Jia, H. Chiu, W. T. Chien, R. D. Thompson, Y. Hu, & L. Lam, "Subjective health-related quality of life of Chinese older persons with depression in Shanghai and Hong Kong: relationship to clinical factors, level of functioning and social support", International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 355-362, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2129 https://doi.org/10.1002/gps.2129
- H. J. Park, & S. K. Lee, "The association between osteoarthritis and health-related quality of life in women aged 50 years and over: Using the Korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANES) data", Korea Journal of Health Education and Promotion, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 23-32, 2012.
- Alrushud, A. S. El-Sobkey, S. B. Hafez, A. R., & Al-Ahaideb, "A. Impact of knee osteoarthritis on the quality of lifeamong Saudi elders: A comparative study", Saudi Journal of Sports Medicine, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 10-16, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4103/1319-6308.112207 https://doi.org/10.4103/1319-6308.112207
- I. J. Kim, H. A. Kim, Y. I. Seo, Y. O. Jung, Y. W. Song, J. Y, Jeong et al, "Prevalence of knee pain and its influence on quality of life and physical function in the Korean elderly population: A community based cross-sectional study", Journal of Korean Medical Science. vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1140-1146, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2011.26.9.1140 https://doi.org/10.3346/jkms.2011.26.9.1140
- Alkan BM, Fidan F, Tosun A, Ardicoglu O. "Quality of life and self-reported disability in patients with knee osteoarthritis. Modern Rheumatology. vol. 24, no. 1 pp. 166-171, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3109/14397595.2013.854046 https://doi.org/10.3109/14397595.2013.854046
- Ozcetin A, Ataoglu S, Kocer E, Yazici S, Yildiz O, Ataoglul A, et al. "Effects of depression and anxiety on quality of life of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, knee osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia syndrome", The West Indian Medical Journal, vol. 56, no. 2, pp. 122-129, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1590/S0043-31442007000200004 https://doi.org/10.1590/S0043-31442007000200004
- CE. Blixen, C, Kippes, "Depression, social support, and quality of life in older adults with osteoarthritis", Image the Journal of Nursing Scholarship. vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 221-226, 1999. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.1999.tb00484.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1547-5069.1999.tb00484.x
- S. S. Seong, C. B. Choi, Y. K. Sung, Y. W. Park, H. S. Lee, W. S. hm, T. W. im, J. B. Jun, D. H. Yoo, O. Y. Lee, & S. C. Bae, "Health-related quality of life using EQ-5D in Koreans", J Korean Rheum Assoc, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 254-262, 2004.
- G. H. Lee, C. H. Kim, H. C. Shin, Y. W. Park, E. J. Sung, "The relation of physical activity to health related quality of life", Journal of Korean Academy of Family Medicine, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 451-459, 2007.
- H. J. Choi, E. O. Lee, B. W. Kim, I. J. Kim, "Stage of change for exercise and health-related quality of life in Korean adults", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 191-201, 2004.
- K. E. Lee, & E. H. Cho, "Factors Influencing Health related Quality of Life in Patients with Hypertension: Based on the 5th Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey", The Journal of Korea Contents Association. vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 399-409, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.05.399 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.05.399
- Y. J. Lee & G. J. Choi, "The Effect of Korean Adult's Mental Health On QOL(Quality Of Life) -The Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2010", Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 321-327, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.321
- H. J. Lee, K. H. Lee, E. K. Kim, M. K. Kim and S. M. Hwang, "The Related Factors Influencing on Self-rated Health Level of Middle-aged Women", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 209-301, 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.3.290 https://doi.org/10.5720/kjcn.2012.17.3.290
- E. S. Yim, & K. H. No, "The effects of related factors on health-related quality of life for the frail elderly", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 12-20, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.12 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.12
- H. Moon, I. Lee, "Gender-based comparison of physical activity levels of older Korean adults with chronic disease", Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 120-130, 2011.
- I. S. Staalbrand, T. Svensson, S. Elmstaahl, V. Horstmann, B. Hagberg, O. Dehlin, & G. Samuelsson, "Subjective health and illness, coping and life satisfaction in an 80-year-old Swedish population-implications for mortality", International Journal of Behavioral Medicine, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 173-180, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03000189 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03000189
- H. Y. So, H. L. Kim, & K. O. Ju, "Prediction model of quality of life in elderly based on ICF model", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 481-490, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.4.481 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.4.481
- T. Y. Lee, & J. K. Kim, "Comparison of quality of life related with the level of activity and the grade of activity in the elderly residing among city, farmimg and fishing area", The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 402-411, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.2.402 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2010.10.2.402
- Y. S. Kim, H. Y. Jun, C. H. Kim, & S. H. Hwang, "Comparison on the depression and quality of life in low-income elderly between urban and rural area", Journal of Korean Society of Living Environment System, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 42-50, 2012.
- S. H. Lee, & S. O. Yang, "The effects of chronic musculoskeletal pain and depression on health-related quality of life by gender in community-dwelling older adults", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 21-30, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.21
- S. R. Ahuja, K. D. Hong, K. S. Hong, "The Rapport Multimedia Conferencing System: A Software Overviews", Proc. of 2nd IEEE Conference on Computer Workstations, vol. 5, no. 1 pp. 52-58, March, 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.21 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.21