- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Workability and Compressive Strength Properties of Magnesia-Potassium Phosphate Composites for Biological Panel
생물학적 판넬용 마그네시아-인산칼륨 복합체의 유동 및 압축강도 특성
- Choi, Yung-Wang (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Lee, Jae-Heun (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Choi, Byung-Keol (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Semyung University) ;
- Oh, Sung-Rok (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Semyung University)
- Received : 2017.05.10
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
In this paper, we investigated the influence of flow and compressive strength on the mixing ratio and water-to-binder (W/B) ratio of magnesia - potassium phosphate composites for controlling the quality of the Magnesia-Potassium Phosphate Composites(Magnesia-Potassium Phosphate Composites, MPPC) as a matrix material for biological panels. MPPC was produced at 7 W/B ratios (30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55 and 60 vol.%) and 4 P:M ratios (1:0.5, 1:1.0, 1:2.0 and 1:3.0). The experiment results confirmed that the flow and compressive strength of MPPC depend strongly on both P:M and W/B ratios. The flow of MPPC showed that as P: M was increased, the mixing did not occur due to the shortage of the compounding amount for the reaction, because of the large density difference between P and M. The compressive strength of MPPC showed a tendency to decrease with increasing P:Mratio but there was a contradictory result with no proportional change according to W/B ratio. These results indicate that the optimum compounding ratio exists for MPPC according to W/B ratio. These results will be used as the basis data for quality control of the fluidity and compressive strength of matrix materials in terms of material in biological panel design.
Supported by : 국토교통부
E. H. Park, C. H. Oh, "A study of
$CO_2$reduction effect by preventing heat island", Proceeding of Korean Society of Environment and Ecology, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 133-141, 2011.
- S. B. Kim, G. H. Kim, J. H. Cho, "The Urban Heat Island Phenomenon and Potential Mitigation Strategies", Journal of Nakdong River Environmental Research Institute, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 63-89, 2001.
- Y. J. Kim, D. H. Kang, K. H., Ahn, "Characteristics of Urban Heat-Island Phenomena caused by Climate Changes in Seoul, and Alternative Urban Design Approaches for Their Improvements", Journal of the Urban Design Institute of Korea Urban Design, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 5-14, 2011.
- H. J. Cha, J. H. Lim, "The Effect of Urban Road Vegetation on a Decrease of Road Surface Temperature", Journal of Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 107-116, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2011.39.3.107 https://doi.org/10.9715/KILA.2011.39.3.107
- S. J. Myung, "The Effect of Green Area in Urban Area on Mitigation of Urban Heat Island", Proceeding of Korean Meteorological Society, no. 2, pp. 402-403, 2015.
- C. U. Chae, C. H. Suh, "Am Experimental Study on the Lightweight Precast Concrete Panel Development", Proceeding of the Architectural Institute of Korea, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 521-524, 1994.
- T. H. Kim, F. Q. Li, T. W. Ahn, I. S. Choi, J. M. Oh, "Research on Improvement of Water Purification Efficiency by Concrete using Bio Film", Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 815-821, 2011.
- S. Manso, W. D. Muynck, I. Segura, A. Aguado, K. Steppe, N. Boon, N. D. Belie, "Bioreceptivity Evaluation of Cementitious Materials Designed to Stimulate Biological Growth", Journal of Science of The Total Environment, vol. 481, pp. 232-241, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.02.059 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2014.02.059
- J. H. Kim, S. P. Kang, H. N. No, B. C. Lee, "Characteristics and Application of Magnesia Phosphate Ceramic for Construction Materials", Magazine of the Korea Concrete Institute, vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 57-62, 2015.
- H. Ma, B. Xu, "Potential to designmagnesium potassiumphosphate cement paste based on an optimal magnesia-to-phosphate ratio", Journal of Materials and Design, vol. 118, pp. 81-88, 2017. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2017.01.012 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matdes.2017.01.012
- Korea Concrete Institute, Concrete Standard Specification, Korea Concrete Institute Korea, 2009.