- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study on instruction consulting in cyber university content quality management center
사이버대학 콘텐츠품질관리센터에서 이루어지는 수업컨설팅에 관한 연구
- Suh, Young-Wan (Department of Welfare for Senior Citizens at Kanyang Cyber University)
- 서용완 (건양사이버대학교 노인복지학과)
- Received : 2017.05.23
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
This study analyzed cases of teaching consulting in the cyber university field and activated it in a remote university in the right direction to contribute to the development of high quality contents. This study analyzed the instructional consulting data of the Center for Content Quality Management at A Cyber University in Chungnam area and interviewed researchers working at the center using the phenomenological approach based on the data. This study showed that the professors participating in instructional consulting had many problems, but they were relatively active in improving the quality of the lectures. They wanted to know the teaching methods in the unfamiliar environment of remote universities. In addition, the researchers had difficulty in delivering feedback to the instructor through the process of exploring images taken several times with the objective framework of lecture evaluation. To allow better communication, it was necessary to form rapport between the instructor and researcher. Unlike general universities, cyber universities have features and limitations in that they only take cameras in the classroom without learners and proceed with class consulting. Therefore, the teachers have a feeling of burden about shooting and recording, but they are less than general university teachers, and are more willing to engage in class consultation more actively. In this study, the results of the research was discussed and the proposal of cyber universities' instruction consulting and the effective plan is proposed.
Cyber University;Instruction Consulting;Improve the quality of the lecture;Teaching and Learning Support Center;consultant
- Yoona Lee, Jung Chan Kang, Young Bum Oh, Jang Soo Lee, Educational Technology Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 729-755, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.28.4.729
- Dong-Joon Jin, Chang Nam Hong, Do-Ki Kim, School Management Consulting, Instruction Consulting, Education Science, 2012.
- Alpcrt, J. L, Mcycrs, J, Trainng in consultation, Springficld, II, Charlcs C. Thonas, 1983.
- Hick,O, "A conceptual framework for instructional consultation", New Directions for Teaching and higher Education, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 65-83, 1990.
- Sang-soo Lee "Educational Consulting Model Using Mathematical Engineering", Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 93.
- Constant, Mathematical Engineering, Instructional Consulting Model, Educational Engineering Research, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 87-120, 2010.
- Han Ho Jeong, A Study on the Instruction Consulting Case at the Distance Learning Center, Educational Engineering Research vol. 28 no. 1, 2012.
- Hwasun Lee, Oh Sang Chul, Sun Hong Hong, Instructional consulting support and activation plan: Focusing on problems, program support, and policy suggestions, pp. 33-63, 2007.
- Development of Consultation Model for Social Studies Classes: Tasks and Prospects of School Consulting, Kyungin Education University Industry-Academic Collaboration Foundation, Seoul National University School Consulting Group, pp. 161-184, 2007.
- Rosenfield S., Developing instructional consultants: From novice to competent to expert, Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, vol. 13, no. 1-2, pp. 97-11, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/10474412.2002.9669455 https://doi.org/10.1080/10474412.2002.9669455
- Rosenfield, S. A. Instructional consultation, Hillsdalc, NJ, Erlbaum, 1987.
- Rosenfield, S., Instructional consultation: A model for service delivery in the schools, Journal of Educational and Psychological Consultation, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 279-316, 1995. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1207/s1532768xjepc0604_1 https://doi.org/10.1207/s1532768xjepc0604_1
- Do Ki Kim, Qualitative Research on Consulting Scholarship, Seoul National University, Ph. D., 2005.
- Hwajin Lee, Sang-cheol Oh, Supporting and Activating Instructional Consulting: Focusing on Problems, Program Supp. ort, and Policy Suggestions, pp. 33-63, 2007.
- Jung, Kang Kang, Constanti, Intervention Design Model for Effective Instruction Consulting, Korean Education, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 5-32, 2011.
- Young-Kea Bun, Class supervision and class analysis, Academician, 2008.
- Mi Ja Lee, Video shooting and analysis, exploring the experiences and improvement plans of university lectures, 2011 Korean Educational Information and Media Society Spring Conference, Jan. 2012.
- Mija Lee, Exploring the experiences of university lecture reflection and improvement through video shooting and analysis, 2011 Korea Educational Information Media Society Spring Conference, 2012.
- Yong-gwan Song, Hyun Jung Hyun, A Study on the Recognition and Experiences of Pre-service Physical Education Teachers on the Practice of Education, Evaluation of Curriculum, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 221-246.
- Bun Han Kim, A Comparative Study of Phenomenological Research Methods: Focusing on Giorgi, Colaizzi, Van Kaam Method, Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing,  of physical education teachers', vol. 29 no. 6, pp. 221-223, 2009.