- Volume 18 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Self-Concept and Teacher Efficacy of Nursing Teachers
보육교사의 자아개념과 교사효능감 간의 관계
- Received : 2017.05.23
- Accepted : 2017.07.07
- Published : 2017.07.31
The purpose of this study is to identify the relationship between the self-concept of nursing teachers and teacher efficacy and to determine differences in the level of self-concept of nursing teachers. The research results were as follows. Firstly, the relationship between the self-concept of nursing teachers and teachers efficacy showed that there was a positive correlation between self-concept and general/individual teacher efficacy. Secondly, the observation results on the variations of the teacher efficacy depending on the level of the self-concept of nursing teachers noted the positive correlations and general-, individual teacher efficacy. Self-concept showed a higher correlation with individual teacher efficacy than general teacher efficacy. In summary, the research confirmed the definite correlation between the self-concept of teachers and teacher efficacy.
self-concept;teacher efficacy;nursing teacher;relationship;young children education
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. As of the end of December 2015, Childcare Statistics. Seoul: Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2015.
- Lee, K. H., Goh, J. Y., The Developmental Changes of Self-Concept in Early Childhood to Early Adulthood, The Korean Journal of educational psychology, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 257-279, 2003.
- Huh, K. C., The implication of Bandura's Self-Efficacy theory on the instructional method of autonomy, The journal of Korean education, 18, pp. 67-84, 1991.
- Kim, M. J., A study on the quality of early education institutions and the degree of job satisfaction of kindergarten teachers, Ewha Womans University Graduate School of Education Master's Thesis, 1991.
- Kim, M. H., Correlations of educare teachers' adult attachment, efficacy, discipline styles and the child's adjustment, Dongduk Women's University doctoral thesis, 2011.
- Jang, M. J., The influence of kindergarten quality, teacher's job satisfaction and efficacy on children's cognitive, linguistic, emotional and social competences. Ewha Womans University doctoral thesis, 2011.
- Kang, M. R., The Relationship between Preschool Teachers' Self₋.Concept and Their sense of Efficacy. Kyung Hee University Graduate School of Education Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Park, M. H., An analysis of Kindergarten Teachers' Concerns by their Self-concepts, Ewha Womans University Graduate School of Education Master's Thesis, 1999.
- Shavelson, R. J., Bolus, R., Self-concept: The interplay of theory and methods, Journal of Educational Psychology, 74, pp. 3-17, 1982. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0622.214.171.124 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.199
- Marsh, H.W., Yeung, A. S., Longitudinal structural equation models of academic self-concept and achievement: Gender differences in the development of math and English constructs, American Education Research Journal, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 705-738, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312035004705 https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312035004705
- Song, I. S., Exploring human self-concept. Seoul: Hakjisa, 1998.
- Son, B. H., Educational Psychology. Kyungbuk: Taegu Hyosung Catholic University Press, 2000.
- Trowbridge, Norma T., Self-Concept and Socio-Economic Status in Elementary School Children. American Educational Research Journal, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 525-537, 1972. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312009004525 https://doi.org/10.3102/00028312009004525
- Jeon, S. Y., A Study on the Characteristics of Self-Concept of Korean Teachers, Journal of Korea University, vol. 12, no. 12, pp. 1-31, 1987.
- Lew, K. H., & Kang, S. M., A Structural Analysis of the Variables on Preschooler's Creative Environment, Self-Esteem and Peer Competence, Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 419-436, 2013.
- Lim, Y. S., A Study on the Relationship between Self-Concept and Job Satisfaction of Early Childhood Teachers. Catholic University Graduate School of Education Master's Degree Thesis, 2001.
- Song, I. S., The Relationships between Student Self-concept and Teacher, Sookmyung Women's University Social Education Science Research, 6, pp. 3-21, 2002.
- Bandura, A., Self-efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, pp. 191-215. [This is Bandura's seminal article in which he introduced the construct of self-efficacy, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Ashton, P. T., Teacher efficacy: A motivational paradigm for effective teacher education. Journal of Teacher Education, 35, pp. 28-32, 1984. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1177/002248718403500507 https://doi.org/10.1177/002248718403500507
- Cho, W. P., An analysis of the differences of high school students' stress coping behaviors by personality type, Korean national university Graduate School of Education Master's Degree Thesis, 1997.
- Jang, E. J., Effects of Self-enfficacy and social support on life satisfaction and health, JoongAng University Graduate School Master's Degree Thesis. 1997.
- Ryu, M. Y., A Study on the Influence of Self-concept and Teacher Efficacy of Early Childhood Teachers on Teacher-Child Interaction, Sungshin University Graduate School Master's Degree Thesis, 2014.
- Lee, K. H., & Goh, J. Y., SCI-II Self-Concept Test: Adult. Seoul: Insight, 2015.
- Shin, H. Y., Effects of teachers' job stress and belief of efficacy on the quality of teachers' interaction behaviors in child careEffects of teachers' job stress and belief of efficacy, Yonsei University doctoral thesis, 2011.
- Park, H. J., The relationship between self-concept and teacher efficacy of early childhood teacher, Soongsil University Graduate School of Education Master's Degree Thesis, 2014.